CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

Every time i watch olympiakos in europe i think they are quite a poor side(might not be recent right enough) good record of getting there, crazy supporters hot weather yeah fair enough...id guess ludo might win that simply cos i hope so i like them as they have a bit of a rep for being very attacking and good to watch.

on and also yahoos will play rapid vienna for sure.

You’re saying that but we don’t get nothing for making the Europa league . If we beat Malmö then lose to the Greeks we get a £5 million parachute payment straight away , then about £15 million for the Europa groups including gate and prize money .
Can't agree with that! The Champions League is where I want to see my club. Waking up on the morning of a game and knowing you're going to go and see Rangers in the Champions League and hear that music far outweighs the buzz you get for the Europa. Being a Champions League club not only gives us more money but also will get us more money re sponsorships, Castore etc. We should be able to get even better sponsorships deals in the future due to the exposure our club would get. Personally I do see what the fuss is about re Champions League!

That's a really good draw for St Johnstone. Won't likely make a difference though as Gala will beat them.

Gerrard's planning for this, if we beat Malmo, would be interesting, in terms of strengthening the squad etc.
I don’t think we can really bring anyone in at such short notice and expect them to play a deciding role in this type of tie.

You’re saying that but we don’t get nothing for making the Europa league . If we beat Malmö then lose to the Greeks we get a £5 million parachute payment straight away , then about £15 million for the Europa groups including gate and prize money .
It's €5m not £5m. Plus if you are including gate money then the money we get for the CL will be £30m+

Happy with the draw.. could have been worse and possibly a little better. If we can't beat Malmö then ludogrets/olympiacos we don't deserve to be in the champions league. Second leg being away from home is a bit c ap though.

Either way it's a very winnable tie that gives us a real chance to get a big pot of gold

It’s one of the most intimidating atmospheres in Europe , coupled with the heat I’d want at least a 3 goal lead going there . Also we can’t kill the tie with an away goal now either since the crazy rule change .
At least 3 goals we aint up against one of the favs here mate.:)

Will take that.

No ‘easy’ games at this stage but a great chance to progress and that’s all we can ask for. Just need to take care of business v Malmö first.

Ideal - means they will be away at Alkmaar the Thursday before the Old Firm. Cushions the fact we will be in Athens on either the Tuesday or Wednesday before it.

(Assuming Jablonec don't pump them)

Annoying draw for us imo. Big distance to travel. Hopefully get past Malmo and it doesn't matter.

Back