Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully one of them makes it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a striker come successfully through our youth set up, closest would be Gary McSwegan and he never really ‘really’ broke through.
Yeah.

I mentioned the other day that McSwegan and Spencer probably would have been candidates in different era’s.

Last one would be Robert Fleck (not counting Andy Little).

I reckon Veerman is very much on our radar. I think he's a signing needed and welcomed if we can make it to CL. I don't think he'd be needed nor will we splash the money on him if we make EL. Unless a player moves on.

Young Colombian for the B team fantastic and something I'd love us to do more of we really need an approach akin of Benfica, Salzburg and so on.

Im not sure why people expect a permanent sale and transfer fee for Jordan Jones.

Yet again, only a League 1 side has come in for him. They will struggle to pay his wages never mind pay us a fee. Until he proves he is Championship quality we will be very lucky to offload him.

A strange signing at the time and it’s cost us quite a bit in wages.

Last edited:
Joe Hart hasn't played a league game since 2018, he only played cup games recently, he couldn't get in a shite Burnley side, he hasn't been good since 2014/15, he went to Torino on loan the other year, conceded 61 goals in 36 games, that in it's self, tells ya how shite he really is
That can't be real? An average of nearly two goals per game?

Not that hard to believe to be fair, mid table team at best in a high scoring league - not saying it’s acceptable, just that I could believe it :))
Imagine turning up as a fan knowing your team have a good chance of conceding twice in every game? :)) The match threads on here for the weekend games would be going nuts by the Thursday afternoon!

Its a garbage signing anyway. I know they love a has been from the English leagues but Hart wasnt a particularly good keeper back when he was playing every week. Again, imagine if he'd been signing for us?

Jones, Barker, Hastie I guess we need to just take the hit.
What's the latest with Barker he featured early pre season with his new haircut then disappeared.
You send them on loan to the best English league you can.
Put them in the shop window and take a profit in the next 2 windows.
They aren't good enough for us, but that doesn't mean they are worthless.

Kent was seen by Liverpool as not good enough for them, he's still in our top 3 players and still cost 7 million.

Hart is pish, just less pish than Barkas unless you actually believe he is a good keeper ?
It’s not a big stretch to call a guy with 75 England caps a better keeper than what they have, is it?
Hopefully a spent force but he was a good keeper years ago.

It’s not a big stretch to call a guy with 75 England caps a better keeper than what they have, is it?
Hopefully a spent force but he was a good keeper years ago.
At his best he was only good, take into account he hasn’t been number 1 since leaving Man City and has only had a handful of games in the past few seasons and then ask yourself why?

Reactions: HDH
Where is everyone getting that this boy is going into the B side? Can't see that written anywhere?
People are assuming that’s the signing that Ross Wilson was talking about in his recent interview for the B team. Alegria won’t be ready for our first team yet.

Hart on a three year deal is hilarious. Aim shots to his bottom left every time, that’s his weakness. That plus the fact he’s absolute pish nowadays. I don’t even know if he’s that much of an upgrade on what they have, plus he does not suit playing out the back which is supposedly what the fat Australian philosophy is.

Angie has a philosophy? Is it losing all games B-D

The fact that if Celtic get close to £20m for Edouard then they'll have made almost £50m in the last 12 months should give us a bit of a shake in terms of valuing our players. Some people on here probably still think £5m is good business for Morelos.

Frimpong, Ajer and possibly Edouard for £50m.

That £50m is if you believe the hype Celtic always ensure surrounds any of their "stars" moving on.

Frimping fee was never £11m, German media quoting it was between £3m and £4m, Bournemouth reported Ajer as undisclosed so leaving a goid bit if doubt to Scottish media's quoted £13.5m.

A shame, but it’s the level of loan we should be looking at from the likes of Barcelona and other top elite sides now. Guys who won’t get in their first team but would get games at other high level sides.

I just can't ever imagine Barca thinking the riggers of Scottish football would be the ideal place to send a highly rated player to on loan.

Im not sure why people expect a permanent sale and transfer fee for Jordan Jones.

Yet again, only a League 1 side has come in for him. They will struggle to pay his wages never mind pay us a fee. Until he proves he is Championship quality we will be very lucky to offload him.

A strange signing at the time and it’s costs us quite a bit in wages.
I dont think anyone expects but we all live in hope. Jones represents a problem for Rangers in signing a player thats a real gamble, putting him on high wages and a multi year deal.

He then flops but cannot be sold , since no other club will match his wages and the player knows hell never earn that much again so wont go.

So he goes on loan after loan until his contract runs out and he leaves for nowt costing the club a lot of money for basically nothing in return.

Hes been a dreadful signing and hopefully if nothing else its an expensive lesson learned.

I dont think anyone expects but we all live in hope. Jones represents a problem for Rangers in signing a player thats a real gamble, putting him on high wages and a multi year deal.

He then flops but cannot be sold , since no other club will match his wages and the player knows hell never earn that much again so wont go.

So he goes on loan after loan until his contract runs out and he leaves for nowt costing the club a lot of money for basically nothing in return.

Hes been a dreadful signing and hopefully if nothing else its an expensive lesson learned.

I agree but think the 3 year deal for Barker is worse. Pretty sure we could have offered him a 1 year contract and said “prove yourself” and he’d take it. Not sure of the need to jump in with a 3 year contract for a player who was out of contract in August.

As a club, we’ve moved on a lot since then and doubt we’d make same mistake now. Back then we were trying to add depth to a thin squad and hoped these guys could contribute.

I agree but think the 3 year deal for Barker is worse. Pretty sure we could have offered him a 1 year contract and said “prove yourself” and he’d take it. Not sure of the need to jump in with a 3 year contract for a player who was out of contract in August.

As a club, we’ve moved on a lot since then and doubt we’d make same mistake now. Back then we were trying to add depth to a thin squad and hoped these guys could contribute.
Few players would take a 1 year deal unless theyre veterans or injury prone but I agree with the thinking.

The problem with players like Barker and Jones is its easy to stand out at lesser clubs but few of them have the brains or application to make the jump to a club like Rangers. They seem to think doing the same thing they did previously will be enough only on the bigger stage is looks inadequate and they quickly lose their way. Rangers were not in a great place and perhaps had to take those kind of transfer risks previously but not any more so lets hope its the last we see of their like.

Jones represents a problem for Rangers in signing a player thats a real gamble, putting him on high wages and a multi year deal.
A very strange one because even at the time I felt he was a known entity, we knew we were getting a player who could do a job but was pretty mediocre. That didn’t go down well in the transfer thread at the time of course.

Reactions: cav
Joe Hart hasn't played a league game since 2018, he only played cup games recently, he couldn't get in a shite Burnley side, he hasn't been good since 2014/15, he went to Torino on loan the other year, conceded 61 goals in 36 games, that in it's self, tells ya how shite he really is

That ‘shite’ Burnley team had two English internationalists ahead of Hart!

Harts record at Burnley is as poor as his record at Torino

Since Pep got rid of him Hart has been the go to Keeper for teams struggling or needing cover for injuries

Another expensive gamble by them

A very strange one because even at the time I felt he was a known entity, we knew we were getting a player who could do a job but was pretty mediocre. That didn’t go down well in the transfer thread at the time of course.
There were a few of us who questioned the signings of Barker, Jones and Stewart.
I took a bit of stick for suggesting instead of those three we should have signed one of a better calibre.

Took no pleasure in being proved right, although I did feel for Stewart who was a better player than I thought tbh, albeit he still wasn't deemed good enough by those that matter.

I still believe they were Mark Allen signings that wouldn't be replicated by Ross Wilson now.

That ‘shite’ Burnley team had two English internationalists ahead of Hart!

Harts record at Burnley is as poor as his record at Torino

Since Pep got rid of him Hart has been the go to Keeper for teams struggling or needing cover for injuries

Another expensive gamble by them
Burnley have had some fantastic keepers for some time now, with even their back ups top players.
Defensively brilliant that means they outlast teams with much, much higher budgets.

Got to respect that.

Few players would take a 1 year deal unless theyre veterans or injury prone but I agree with the thinking.

The problem with players like Barker and Jones is its easy to stand out at lesser clubs but few of them have the brains or application to make the jump to a club like Rangers. They seem to think doing the same thing they did previously will be enough only on the bigger stage is looks inadequate and they quickly lose their way. Rangers were not in a great place and perhaps had to take those kind of transfer risks previously but not any more so lets hope its the last we see of their like.

I agree with what you say about standing out at lessers clubs, it’s happened a lot over many years where players can’t step up or deal with pressure that comes with Rangers. The jersey is too big for some.

Barker’s options would have been the likes of Oxford, Burton, possibly with a 2 year deal. A 1 year deal at Rangers on slightly higher money and a chance to prove yourself and earn a better contract should have been enough to tempt him, and if not we should have moved on. I don’t think there was a need to offer as lengthy as 3 years, especially looking at his career at that time and factoring in that we’d just signed Jones and Stewart, and were still chasing a deal for Kent.

Barker didn’t stand out at Hibs, he’d spent a lot of time on bench and was without a club in August. Jones was different, he’d been one if Killie’s best players for a couple of years, had international experience and probably could have got a championship club at that time. We had to get him on a pre-contract to secure him so I understand our offer to an extent.

Why are you so annoyed about this haha

If you take an orange font on a forum as confirmation of a signing you need to get a life. Some people hear some info and post then deals dont happen. No wonder people don't bother their arse posting now.
Not annoyed it’s a rumour but the poster implied it was done now he’s making out he didn’t.

I understand he might have heard something and might have been confident it was decent info but it’s trying to change what he said at the time.

We may still sign Veerman but the fact he’s mentioned other teams and not us shows that we were never as far on as was being made our as does the fact one of their top guys saying they want 10 million euros for him.

Bit of a Difference from 5.5 plus add ons but I am out as the thread is turning in to another utter cluster.

Said this a few times on various threads:

17/18 - 17 league appearances
18/19 - 30
19/20 - 19 (decent given the league was cut short)
20/21 - 19

Not a lot there to suggest Jack will go 21/22 without missing several games through injury.
Ooft that is a bit of an eye opener that. Never thought it was as low as that for his appearances.

Ooft that is a bit of an eye opener that. Never thought it was as low as that for his appearances.
They’re all only league appearances so obviously have to include cups & Europe but still, it is rather low isn’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back