MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't wait for the match, both the Malmö tie and next round will be tough but are winnable. CL football this season and 56 to guarantee the same next year would put the club in a terrific position financially. Let's do this Rangers!

Really difficult game to feature so early in our season. A draw or narrow defeat will feel awful but won't be the end of the world. I still fancy us to show that we are the better team tonight though, lay down a bit of a marker. We just need to be patient.

An early hat-trick for Fashion Jr would settle the nerves though.

Systems in work are absolutely goosed. Today will be a long day......

YouTube Rangers european goals. Yip I'm getting paid to get the battle fever on:D

I for one am f&ckin buzzin about tonight. Under SG I think we’ll get into the group stages and beyond. After that who knows, Bayer Leverkusen and the racist czechs showed us we’ve still got some way to go but back to reality one tie at a time WATP.

Even though I'm in my late 60's these games still give me butterflies, Glen will be a big miss, it's going to be a hard game, but hopefully we will get a 0.0 or 1.1 draw or maybe a narrow win, as some guys are saying it's winnable .

Virtually impossible to pick our team these days, but I'll hazard a guess at....

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Arfield
Davis
Lundstram

Aribo/Wright
Itten
Kent

I don't think we'll lose and I think a 1 or 2 goal victory is possible.
Still a very good 11.

Is Arfield match fit?

Fatigue maybe a concern as the Swedes are a few weeks ahead of us.

1-1

Can't wait for tonight, it's vital to qualify, let's get the job done.
Would love to see that if Filip and Borna are not fit yet ;

McGregor
Tavernier, Goldson, Simpson, Bassey
Arfield, Davis, Lundstram
Wright, Itten, Kent

Virtually impossible to pick our team these days, but I'll hazard a guess at....

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Arfield
Davis
Lundstram

Aribo/Wright
Itten
Kent

I don't think we'll lose and I think a 1 or 2 goal victory is possible.
Agreed with how hard it is.

I think Aribo will be in midfield for Arfield, and Fashion on the right.

Just a hunch, supremely confident with any combination of players.

The strongest squad we’ve had in m lifetime.

I couldn't sleep last night.

Thanks to @mdingwall I'll be covering the game for FF.

Have a think about questions for the post match presser.

Great news. Ask Stevie to explain his thinking process before the match and why it led him to set up the way the team the way he did.

Where you buying it mate, i couldn't see it on RangersTV.

It will pop up eventually since they have said they will show it.

What scares me is the small print "Qualifying round and the match is available on RangersTV for £7.99 excluding the UK and Scandinavia.". WTF is with the Scandinavia shit. Means I will have to play around with a VPN now, which is a pain in the arse. It's not on TV here either, so why it shouldn't it be available and I ain't giving any money to bloody Malmö to watch it since I have an annual subscription.

I suppose the good news is that I am not in Norway and Denmark - why on earth would they be excluded from watching it on Rangers TV?

Need to be outside the UK/Scandinavia - VPN is your friend.

It will pop up eventually since they have said they will show it.

What scares me is the small print "Qualifying round and the match is available on RangersTV for £7.99 excluding the UK and Scandinavia.". WTF is with the Scandinavia shit. Means I will have to play around with a VPN now, which is a pain in the arse. It's not on TV here either, so why it shouldn't it be available and I ain't giving any money to bloody Malmö to watch it since I have an annual subscription.

I suppose the good news is that I am not in Norway and Denmark - why on earth would they be excluded from watching it on Rangers TV?
I am in Italy mate but have been using a wifi hotspot, for some reason it is showing as the UK.

Just means i have to use the wifi provided by the accommodation. Not the best but at least this has allowed me to buy it and i will now get to see it even if it is a bit 'buffery'

Cheers for posting btw ;)

A draw tonight would be magnificent given our suspensions and injuries . This tie really is 50/50 . Barely slept last night thinking about what could happen . I hate the away goals being scrapped , because if you have a bad night and ship 2 or 3 goals you could always keep yourself in the tie by grabbing a goal at the other end . Not now . Stressing me out

You may well be right with your team selection mate.
I just feel Gerrard might go for the defensive discipline Arfield provides.

Considering who all isn't available, our options are still outstanding.

We're 13/10 favourites, with Malmo at 21/10.
85/40 the draw.

Skybet odds.

You may well be right with your team selection mate.
I just feel Gerrard might go for the defensive discipline Arfield provides.

Considering who all isn't available, our options are still outstanding.
I never get Gerrard agreeing with my starting eleven, starting to think he doesn't know what he's doing :))

For what it's worth, I would play Arfield in midfield to keep us as solid as possible in there, and I'd go for speed up front with Wright, Kent and Sakala.

No matter whether it's Sakala or Itten in the middle, we will miss Morelos tonight as he's the only striker who I trust to hold it up and not be bullied off the ball.

Im pretty nervous about tonight. I think our best option would be to go with pace (Sakala, wright and Kent) as they will surely attack us tonight.

I think Arfield has to start in midfield with Kamara and Jack unavailable and have Aribo as one of the 10s

Maybe I will change pre kick off but not at all nervous for this one. They squeaked past Helsinki and I would expect us to tank Helsinki.

Might be tight to begin with but our quality should tell.

McGregor

Captain Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Arfield/Aribo
Davis
Lundstram

Aribo/Wright/Sakala
Itten/Sakala
Kent

8 of the tea should be easy to predict leaving 3 places up for grabs.

Arfield/Aribo
I'd prefer Arfield but the gaffer seems to like Aribo in there, depends if he thinks the other 2 are enough work rate and defensively.
I'd pick Arfield and have a tighter midfield 3

Aribo/Wright/Sakala
Not sure this is the straightforward choice and is always the most unsure part of predicting our team. Aribo for ball retention and the unexpected. Wright for pace and power or Sakala for pace and more of a goal threat ?
I'd pick Wright

Itten/Sakala
Sakala to have pace through the middle or Itten to possible give us more of a target to hit early and to hold it up/flick it on.
Sakala for me, front 3 as pacy as hell

Normal back 4, solid if slightly defensive middle 3 and pace to burn up front. 2-0 Rangers, winning both halves and Kent FGS - 55/1

Is it easy enough to cancel after the month?
I subscribe to PS on and off for Euro and cup games and always found it easy to cancel on their website.

They also almost always offer a cheaper deal to keep you on, 3 months half price or similar, which is good if we get a run in the cup as it would cover it.

Nerves flooding my body now . I’ll take a 1 goal deficit back to Ibrox and hope we can do them at a packed Ibrox

Can't decide if I'm nervous or excited for this. Maybe both?

Got beer ready in the fridge and planned my day around being home in time for the coverage starting.

10 years since our last CL game.

One round away from the CL music at Ibrox.

No Roofe, Alfie or Kamara is a concern, but our squad is stronger than last year.

Shagger

Tax
Goldson
Helander
Borna

Davis
Lundstram
Hagi

Aribo
Itten
Kent

I've really liked seeing Hagi playing deeper, I think he's better there which allows us to play Aribo in that right forward position.

Wright and Sakala on the bench to come on and run at them.

Just win, Rangers!

Eta: fùck I forgot Arfield! Ignore the above, I clearly don't have a clue!

Lundstram in the Kamara role. Arfield in his usual spot. Aribo right of the front 3.

Last edited:

that would be my team also, bring wright on in the 2nd half for Fashion

Back