Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones was not a good signing and will have cost us a fair bit in wages, but the ball he put in for Morelos to score against Legia has more than covered the outlay.

He is obviously a dafty and simply not that good, but I do think he was a bit unlucky in that our shape changed away from two wingers (when he signed his pre-contract in the January) towards the two number 10s that we’ve mainly played with since he joined. Had he come in at the same time as Kamara then things may have been slightly different for him.

Having another player of the same nationality can help a lot of players. I would also think that they know each other.

thats fine if youve just moved to the country, Alfie will have best mates in the team now and speaks good english

and not being a dick, but why would they know each other?

Having another player of the same nationality can help a lot of players. I would also think that they know each other.
Fair enough if Alfie was just here but he’s been here for ages, is married and has a family now. He may have a lodger soon enough though :))

Michael Beale and Ryan Kent are fluent in Spanish
Beale isn’t fluent, he’s knows the basics from working in Brazil but that’s it. Gerrard mentioned before about the difficulty in getting certain messages across to Morelos before in analysis and that there’s someone out with the first team coaches who helps translate.

I fully expect the Veerman deal if we can pull it off to be after Malmo are dealt with and that major cash injection is guaranteed.

Just like the Kent and Roofe transfers.
Forgive my ignorance but do we get money for beating Malmö or is there another cash injection I just don’t know about?

I reckon Veerman is very much on our radar. I think he's a signing needed and welcomed if we can make it to CL. I don't think he'd be needed nor will we splash the money on him if we make EL. Unless a player moves on.

Young Colombian for the B team fantastic and something I'd love us to do more of we really need an approach akin of Benfica, Salzburg and so on.
I wonder if it’s possible for us(Scotland) to take advantage of the rule changes via brexit to offer young international talent a route to England by coming to Scotland for a few years. If it is we might be able to pick up a couple of gems that would have normally ended up in England.

Beat Malmo and we will guarantee a 5m CL parachute payment regardless of the play off result

It also guarantees EL group stage
It's not regardless of the playoff result. We only get it if we lose in the playoffs. An added bonus though as €5m prize money plus guaranteed EL groups means beating Malmo is massive.

thats fine if youve just moved to the country, Alfie will have best mates in the team now and speaks good english

and not being a dick, but why would they know each other?

Same nationality, same route through Finland, Alegria linked with Rangers for quite some time. Football is a small world and I don't think it would be a leap to think they have mutual friends or have met before.

We signed Salim Kerkar because he was Bougherra's mate. I don't think it's a leap either to think that we would look to sign a Colombian to help Morelos feel at home.

Same nationality, same route through Finland, Alegria linked with Rangers for quite some time. Football is a small world and I don't think it would be a leap to think they have mutual friends or have met before.

We signed Salim Kerkar because he was Bougherra's mate. I don't think it's a leap either to think that we would look to sign a Colombian to help Morelos feel at home.
Luigi Ricco (Spelling) fulfilled this role for Rino!.

It happens all the time.

Edit, Ibrahimovic as one of the best strikers in the world still liked having Maxwell as a team mate and this even helped him decide who to sign for.

yes, when someone just signs, not a guy thats been here for years and has family ffs

I would go out on a limb to say the signing of Alegria had nothing to do with Morelos or was made to make him feel at home

nothing at all

Maybe not have been the deciding factor, but I'd say it came up in conversation.

Signing a19 year old Colombian who hasn't scored a goal for FC Honka seems awfully random.

It happens all the time.

Edit, Ibrahimovic as one of the best strikers in the world still liked having Maxwell as a team mate and this even helped him decide who to sign for.
I think it’s extremely unlikely that after 4 years and nearly 200 odd appearances for the club, that we’ve decided to sign a random teenager just because he’s Colombian and might make Morelos feel more at home. He’s already got his wife and daughter here and is very well established in the team.

I think it’s extremely unlikely that after 4 years and nearly 200 odd appearances for the club, that we’ve decided to sign a random teenager just because he’s Colombian and might make Morelos feel more at home. He’s already got his wife and daughter here and is very well established in the team.

I think on the face of it signing a player who hasn't scored any goals for FC Honka is an odd one. Again, we signed Kerkar because of Bougherra. Moves like this happen often.

I think on the face of it signing a player who hasn't scored any goals for FC Honka is an odd one. Again, we signed Kerkar because of Bougherra. Moves like this happen often.
I agree they do happen but I think it’s less likely to happen after someone’s been here as long as Morelos has been. Anyway, what would happen next week if Porto bid £15-20m and that’s Morelos away? Would we sign a pal for Alegria?

We won’t be signing someone just to be a buddy for Morelos, but signing players from the same background can be mutually beneficial.

If it helps Morelos feel more settled and take more responsibility and leadership within the squad, that can only be positive. On the other side, Alegria has now got a perfect role model on how to make it as a top class striker here. Could prove to be a very astute signing.

Beale isn’t fluent, he’s knows the basics from working in Brazil but that’s it. Gerrard mentioned before about the difficulty in getting certain messages across to Morelos before in analysis and that there’s someone out with the first team coaches who helps translate.
How would working in Brazil, who speak Portuguese, make Beale fluent or otherwise in Spanish ? Am I missing something here?

Know nothing about the boy but I trust the staff. When we signed Kamara I thought it was a strange one and look how thats turned out. Not saying this deal will be as successful but they must see something in the lad.

Surely Portuguese?

See this chat about Alegria having no scored a single goal for Honka, is it actual true? His Wikipedia (no the best source obviously) says he’s got 7 goals in 10 appearances from them since 2020 season which is a heavy good return even if he’s no getting much game time

See this chat about Alegria having no scored a single goal for Honka, is it actual true? His Wikipedia (no the best source obviously) says he’s got 7 goals in 10 appearances from them since 2020 season which is a heavy good return even if he’s no getting much game time
Someone’s at it on his wiki.

Think he’s scored 1 in 17 games, for their first team.

Folk do realise Alegria is for the B Team? He might turn out an astute signing but right now he’s not even a regular starter for FC Honka. He has started their last 3 but he had generally been used as a substitute. He hasn’t completed 90 minutes this season as yet. 1 goal in 14 appearances this season, a total of 426 minutes game time.

We won’t be seeing him near the first team anytime soon I suspect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back