Nippy’s announcement tomorrow

I suspect none of this will come as a great surprise to anyone at the club. There was a reason we were putting out pre-match videos about guidelines and 7 tannoy announcements a match about social distancing etc. We're playing the game we need to play and can clearly demonstrate that we've got all the protocols in place

I’d advise a bit of caution before getting too carried away and assuming we will have a full house. Permission is still required for large scale events.

so whats the next step - Rangers now need to apply to GCC for full house on Tuesday night against Malmo ?

Surely the club seen some stumbling blocks, the health and safety team should have a proposal on the desks of GGC/SNP to show we can handle a full house.

No legal requirement, but need to apply.... what would happen if we didn't apply and had a full house anyway? Fine? Depending on what level, I'd take it and pay it out of the profits from extra gate receipts.

I suspect none of this will come as a great surprise to anyone at the club. There was a reason we were putting out pre-match videos about guidelines and 7 tannoy announcements a match about social distancing etc. We're playing the game we need to play and can clearly demonstrate that we've got all the protocols in place

I don’t understand why people aren’t really understanding this. From what‘s been said today there is no limits to gatherings now. The application for crowds is for smaller venues who will be shooting up to large numbers.

The only thing that’s not changing is face-masks will still need to be worn but I’m fully expecting Ibrox to be capacity now.

Nah, we will be at full capacity. The vaccine passport however may rule out a number of fans attending if introduced
i reckon the passport or a negative test will be used much the same as chelsea iirc are doing for the next few games

I heard it as you need to apply to the local council on an individual basis if you want more than the minimum.

As we got the 23k for Livvy with ( as I understand it with no major issues) that is the minimum we should get

I don’t understand why people aren’t really understanding this. From what‘s been said today there is no limits to gatherings now. The application for crowds is for smaller venues who will be shooting up to large numbers.

The only thing that’s changing is face-masks will still need to be worn but I’m fully expecting Ibrox to be capacity now.
Exactly, this rule is just to cover a T in Park type gathering organised by youngsters in some farm somewhere.

The only thing that’s not changing is face-masks will still need to be worn but I’m fully expecting Ibrox to be capacity now.
Hope your right

So what level are we at now?
Beyond level 0 but still legal limitations???
This government just won’t let go.

Im pretty sure she said that attendances over 5000 still needed approved by the council though mate?

So we’re basically relying on them doing us, the mentally challengeds etc a favour.

From what I understand of it the application is for venues that haven't provided evidence of their covid secure practices.

So for example somewhere that hasn't opened yet and reopens to the public from Monday they would need to demonstrate to the council that they are safe and have procedures in place.

We have already submitted the application and had it approved. Without legal restrictions on distancing and us having demonstrated compliance with covid safe practices, we will be allowed a full house.

This will no doubt result in a last minute notification if we are getting a ticket or not next week. We need to apply to GCC for over 5k people. There doesn't seem to be a set period for them to respond.

We need to be patient with the club here while they go through the motions set out by SG... They will be as frustrated as us.

So, in theory, Celtic could apply and get a full house but we could apply and only get half a stadium?

Ultimately it’s the decision of the councils?

It’s amazing how COVID can tell the difference between different stadiums and postcodes, to be fair

Back