Nippy’s announcement tomorrow

Yes but ONLY if the venue hasn't held any test events yet, thus proving they have the correct measures in place. Ibrox has, which is the vital part.

Correct.

There is an official COVID video shown pre match and at HT as well as face mask announcements every 20 minutes. This is why we’ve had to do it, to show we have protocols in place. The application process shouldn’t effect us.

Im pretty sure she said that attendances over 5000 still needed approved by the council though mate?

So we’re basically relying on them doing us, the mentally challengeds etc a favour.

No, everyone is missing this point, I understand why as this is the SNP we are dealing with here who are no friends of ours.

Applications are for venues who haven’t had any events yet where numbers are large. Most football clubs have, therefore they are fine.

I don’t understand why people aren’t really understanding this. From what‘s been said today there is no limits to gatherings now. The application for crowds is for smaller venues who will be shooting up to large numbers.

The only thing that’s not changing is face-masks will still need to be worn but I’m fully expecting Ibrox to be capacity now.
They need to realise that football is played outside. Minimal risks therefore.

Sky sports saying capacity crowds from 9th.

Why are these things so difficult to understand? She’s made it as clear as mud this fucking idiot that rules this devolved administration.

The rhebel saying full crowds not happening, sky saying yes they are so what in the actual hell is going on?

Nothing is ever clear with that cow, but I've taken from it that we need to apply to GCC (as we've done successfully previously) and prove we can handle a further increase in our attendances.

With Covid restrictions dropped even lower, I expect us to have at least 40k (but more likely a full house) in the ground for Malmo.

No, everyone is missing this point, I understand why as this is the SNP we are dealing with here who are no friends of ours.

Applications are for venues who haven’t had any events yet where numbers are large. Most football clubs have, therefore they are fine.
Where you seeing this mate as I didn’t hear her saying that?

From what I understand of it the application is for venues that haven't provided evidence of their covid secure practices.

So for example somewhere that hasn't opened yet and reopens to the public from Monday they would need to demonstrate to the council that they are safe and have procedures in place.

We have already submitted the application and had it approved. Without legal restrictions on distancing and us having demonstrated compliance with covid safe practices, we will be allowed a full house.
I hope you are right mate

but

this is the power crazy egotistical maniac doing her best to hang onto her extra powers for as long as possible

I think people need to consider these applications to GCC more along the lines of a risk assessment type process. Pre-covid we would have had to demonstrate how we would manage all of the risks that went along with having 50,000 people all turning up to a stadium at the same time. From fire safety procedures to what we do if a supporter falls on their arse coming up the stairs. We will have to demonstrate all of these, plus how we manage and mitigate the COVID risk. That means potentially telling supporters to wear masks in crowded areas, splitting arrival times for fans, perhaps having food kiosks remaining shut.

I totally get that we're all desperate to return to normality and get back to Ibrox, however, Nicola Sturgeon has taken a cautious tone through the whole pandemic, she was never going to stand there and announce a free for all as of next week. Regardless of what people think of her or the restrictions more widely we're still going to be encouraged the be cautious and vigilant in the coming months, it won't mean half full stadiums, but it might mean paying a bit of lip service. Personally I'm more than happy if thst means we can get back into Ibrox.

Correct.

There is an official COVID video shown pre match and at HT as well as face mask announcements every 20 minutes. This is why we’ve had to do it, to show we have protocols in place. The application process shouldn’t effect us.
The key word is 'shouldn't'. That doesnt mean it won't. I remain sceptical

Applications are done per event, its why we have had different capacities

So track and trace still to be recorded.
Take it that means we will still be using QR system for entry?

Where you seeing the test event point you’ve spoke about? I’ve not seen it mentioned anywhere mate.

That's my take too.

She said mass gatherings have to apply for approval on an event by event basis

She could pull any random excuse out her arse to drop capacity/cap it even on a game by game basis

so does that mean we are back to the same shambles that was livi game where we probably won’t know until a week in advance what our capacity can be?

Nothing is ever clear with that cow, but I've taken from it that we need to apply to GCC (as we've done successfully previously) and prove we can handle a further increase in our attendances.

With Covid restrictions dropped even lower, I expect us to have at least 40k (but more likely a full house) in the ground for Malmo.
Correct, each game is classed as an individual event and needs to be applied on that basis.

There is a "route map" but there is no guarantee of full crowds or them changing capacity levels from game to game

In simplist possible terms mass gatherings need to be authorised by councils.

Therefore we have had our test environment, so long as there were no issues the club should be able to apply for full capacity, however its not a given, there may still be other amounts to gradually get you to full capacity.

In theory you'd think we have done our test therefore should be no problem with a full house.

I don’t understand why people aren’t really understanding this. From what‘s been said today there is no limits to gatherings now. The application for crowds is for smaller venues who will be shooting up to large numbers.

The only thing that’s not changing is face-masks will still need to be worn but I’m fully expecting Ibrox to be capacity now.

I don't think you can blame people for being confused. She is never clear in anything she says.

Back