Nippy’s announcement tomorrow

I think people need to consider these applications to GCC more along the lines of a risk assessment type process. Pre-covid we would have had to demonstrate how we would manage all of the risks that went along with having 50,000 people all turning up to a stadium at the same time. From fire safety procedures to what we do if a supporter falls on their arse coming up the stairs. We will have to demonstrate all of these, plus how we manage and mitigate the COVID risk. That means potentially telling supporters to wear masks in crowded areas, splitting arrival times for fans, perhaps having food kiosks remaining shut.

I totally get that we're all desperate to return to normality and get back to Ibrox, however, Nicola Sturgeon has taken a cautious tone through the whole pandemic, she was never going to stand there and announce a free for all as of next week. Regardless of what people think of her or the restrictions more widely we're still going to be encouraged the be cautious and vigilant in the coming months, it won't mean half full stadiums, but it might mean paying a bit of lip service. Personally I'm more than happy if thst means we can get back into Ibrox.
I despair at your lemming like willingness to comply.

Correct.

There is an official COVID video shown pre match and at HT as well as face mask announcements every 20 minutes. This is why we’ve had to do it, to show we have protocols in place. The application process shouldn’t effect us.
She really has no idea that Rangers and I suppose Celtic as well would have protocols ready to go,although I suspect Celtic won't be looking forward to a full house,given the anger from their hordes. It'll be like the Marie Celeste as far as their Board are concerned.

It might be the case but it’s not what she said. She clearly said applications would need to be made to local councils for events over 5,000 people

We've already applied successfully for increases against Brighton, Real and Livingston.

We've proved we can handle those attendances and with restrictions having now dropped further, our crowds will increase considerably now..

No, everyone is missing this point, I understand why as this is the SNP we are dealing with here who are no friends of ours.

Applications are for venues who haven’t had any events yet where numbers are large. Most football clubs have, therefore they are fine.
I think (hope) you are correct. However, given there is no transparency with the application process (yet), I do wonder if there will be yet more criteria added to satisfy capacity crowds at venues.

I don't want to bah humbug the announcement but I take a lot of it with a pinch of salt in believing that, within 7 days, we'll be allowed to host the largest capacity crowd in Scotland for nearly 2 years, doubling what we'll have seen at Parkhead just 3 days earlier.

Thank goodness for FF, I attempted to give it a go and tune in to her for once, lasted about 10 seconds looking at her ugly dish, turned away from watching, 20 seconds later turned over to Dickenson's Real Deal as I can't handle that fuckin voice of hers either. Despise that cow more than anything.

I was in for the Madrid game, no one was wearing their mask at their seat and no one was policing it. It was a box ticking exercise for all involved.
Brighton game had a steward in CF4 reminding people to put their mask back on. felt for the guy tbh.

Brighton game had a steward in CF4 reminding people to put their mask back on. felt for the guy tbh.
Fair enough, perhaps just an overly officious steward, but there's no way they're policing a whole stadium in thst fashion

Bit of a long game, so bear with me.

Could this be a way of disproving their season ticket number fables?

The application to GCC would probably need to include projected attendance and would have to say we have 'x' number of season ticket holders plus we would expect a further 'y' to fill the stadium. While they are happy to lie to the yahoos about this all the time, surely they wouldn't be allowed to lie about these numbers in a legal application for capacity?

An FOI request to GCC regarding these numbers may finally expose their bullshit once and for all.

"as we enter winter, it may well pose challenges for us again"

Once in a while they actually say something honest and there is the line that tells you itll all be back in a second just as soon as they want to micro manage your life again.

There is something utterly wicked at work within these people.

I cannot fathom what she gains from being an arsehole about this kind of thing.

It's one of the few things the country is all agreed on and everyone wants back in the stadiums. What's to be gained by continuing to be obstructive about it (even if it's using muddied language rather than outright putting blockers in place)

All you do is further piss people off and reduce your popularity.

Obviously, she's a fucking egomanic at this point and is clinging the entire Covid thing as it gets her face on the tele but it's doing more damage at this point, surely?

Once again, Scotland has done exactly what the rUK has done only three weeks later as has been the norm right through Covid.

Good that the narrative is being set that full capacity’s are being allowed in even though that’s not what she has announced.

Will put pressure on the SNP GCC to allow max crowds.

So still not clear if we will get in or not? Not sure what to do about booking travel she never makes things easy.
Likewise. I changed my flight for the livi game to motherwell. Booked a separate one for malmo so now will be checking the fixtures for a another potential change!

Take an event like TRNSMT or another festival outside or even an event at the Hydro. These are the type of events who haven’t shown they have protocols in place and it’s why they need to apply/have permission granted. If they can’t show it or prove it, they’ll get a knock back.

We have done events 4 times now. It’s started from 2k and on Saturday we were around 24k. We’ve done it and done it well. The club have done everything they’ve been asked to do.

Focus on the “no limits on gatherings” rather that “apply for permission” - that’s not relevant to us.

Everyone should be back in Ibrox come next week wearing a face mask.

Take an event like TRNSMT or another festival outside or even an event at the Hydro. These are the type of events who haven’t shown they have protocols in place and it’s why they need to apply/have permission granted. If they can’t show it or prove it, they’ll get a knock back.

We have done events 4 times now. It’s started from 2k and on Saturday we were around 24k. We’ve done it and done it well. The club have done everything they’ve been asked to do.

Focus on the “no limits on gatherings” rather that “apply for permission” - that’s not relevant to us.

Everyone should be back in Ibrox come next week wearing a face mask.
Sadly not correct, we need to submit updated risk assessments and plans for managing the larger crowds.

Likewise. I changed my flight for the livi game to motherwell. Booked a separate one for malmo so now will be checking the fixtures for a another potential change!
I got over for Livi as a footpassenger never again with hassle to get back for the sailing home frustrating for those of us over here mate

We keep some kind of one way system in the concourses, keep limited numbers in toilets at any one time, don't open the food stalls yet, and ask fans to wear masks even though not mandated.

We'll get a full house.

Glass half full Loyal.

Hope im wrong but the wee boot is having 1 last go at screwing us i can see applications at Ibrox still not getting a full house in.

Back