Nippy’s announcement tomorrow

I hope you are right mate

but

this is the power crazy egotistical maniac doing her best to hang onto her extra powers for as long as possible
I think all clubs would be right to go after the government and council in court if they did try to stop it.

Surely they can't remove the legal requirement for social distancing and then enforce social distancing requirements on certain businesses.

The very fact this has generated such debate on here shows how fucking inept she is. Spell it out FFS you witch or does ambiguity suit your agenda??

It does. Keeping the regs as vague as possible makes it easier to do things ad-hoc. Straight from page 1 of the despot's handbook. Can't be accused of being unfair with the rules if nobody knows the rules.

There has never been any logic to it I don't think - they make it up as they go along.

On a more optimistic note, the dhims have no less than four home games before 29th August and I find it impossible to believe GCC will deny their team a full house at some point during those games so 29th August might well be capacity also.
That's true! I'll cling onto this in hope now :))

Fucking hell Derek you've changed your mind twice in the last hour :))

Have you had a whisper mate?
I watched the live update which wasn’t entirely clear IMO relating to large events

However, I simply believe that we will see full crowds for the old firm game. I actually believe it’ll happen before then unless for some unknown reason the authorities refuse permission which I’d be surprised about if so.

we will have probably known already what the outcome with GCC will be on the potential outcomes from Nippy today.

Now just wait on the announcement of full house and ticket cost then let the madness commence
I forgot we still have the fun times of ticket price announcements to come. :))

Its typical political talk. Nothing straight forward. As far as I can see, I wouldn't plan anything weeks ahead as all we need is a kinning park variant and go from a full house back down to half that in the space of a week.

Look at the state of Australia, they don't know if they can go for a loaf of bread from one day to the next

Surely the best approach is we trial run a full house against Malmö, if that goes smoothly then it continues going forward without the need to apply to the local government for each game unless there is a significant change in circumstances again

It does. Keeping the regs as vague as possible makes it easier to do things ad-hoc. Straight from page 1 of the despot's handbook. Can't be accused of being unfair with the rules if nobody knows the rules.

Absolutely. Also means if it goes tits up she can then say "well this is what I meant...". Being vague = less accountability.

It's mental though, isn't it? Might almost have a full house.

Can't have a full house but you could still have 40,000. So technically only the odd empty seat dotted about the place. What good does that do?

In my opinion if we can't do the full staggered seating (no one in front, no one beside) like we've done in the friendlies then there's absolutely no point in having an empty seat every so often.

it all comes down to power mate. For me it’s not about health and safety anymore but it’s all about power. It’s them clinging on to one tiny bit more of the power that we must do what they say. If we are being honest not one fucking rule or restriction has made sense since June 2020 when they made up silly rules like having substantial meals with pints, certain shutting times etc. It’s all about power now. As you say no difference at all with 40k and 50k

I sat in a full coach going over last Saturday, I sat on a full boat heading across last Saturday, I sat in a pub packed out before the game last Saturday. But yet we have to have social distance in the stadium. Absolute bullshit

So, say the club apply for 33,000 people in the next game. That's 10,000 more than before - which means the staggered nature of people in their seats will no longer exist in 10,000 seats of the stadium.

Why's it alright for those 10,000 people to be seated next to/diagonally/behind a stranger but the other areas of the stands still maintain the distancing (which she said today is no longer required)?

On a side note, I don't understand why the council are making this decision. Does every council in Scotland have Covid experts working for them?
So that if it goes t1ts up she can blame the council.

FFS, so I read it that you can have 5000 now without Local Authority permission rather than the previous 2000.

However, if you want more it’s still down to the Local Authority.

Clear as mud.

No,it was the local community council that lodged an objection.This meant thee Council could not approve the application until the objection was removed.

As far as I remember, GCC weren't legally obliged to refuse the application on the basis of the Ibrox community council objection. CCs are glorified talking shops with no real authority. It was simply an excuse for them to knock us back.

*sees Rangers and the SPFL scrapping over a few hundred quid of sponsorship money* You Bitch Mother Fuckers *sees Sturgeon lock football supporters out of grounds on flimsy pretences* Wlel, that's her beliefs and I respect that

We've already applied successfully for increases against Brighton, Real and Livingston.

We've proved we can handle those attendances and with restrictions having now dropped further, our crowds will increase considerably now..

Surely the best approach is we trial run a full house against Malmö, if that goes smoothly then it continues going forward without the need to apply to the local government for each game unless there is a significant change in circumstances again

As others have said, there is literally no reason not to grant this now. I understand why people would think it'll only increase by another 10k but, it makes little sense to me, given social distancing, as per the current set up wouldn't be achievable anyway.

Ow having had time to digest the announcement I am as confused as ever

I think Malmö will not be be a full house but would increase to at least 30k. That should ensure that all corporate season ticket holders and all those on cccs would get a ticket.

a further increase to Dunfermline/next euro will then happen to test the system with hopefully a full house for the Celtic game but no Away fans permitted ( nothing to do with covid just don’t want them there)

However Rangers need to make a statement ASAP as people need to plan travel

Wonder how long GCC will take to make a decision? The club request for a full house should already be with them if we are on the ball

Ow having had time to digest the announcement I am as confused as ever

I think Malmö will not be be a full house but would increase to at least 30k. That should ensure that all corporate season ticket holders and all those on cccs would get a ticket.

a further increase to Dunfermline/next euro will then happen to test the system with hopefully a full house for the Celtic game but no Away fans permitted ( nothing to do with covid just don’t want them there)

However Rangers need to make a statement ASAP as people need to plan travel
I've taken a flyer mate as travel is hard from down south up to Glasgow, still very restricted. £180 for a return flight with BA, I'm sure Easyjet is cheaper but that's Luton. It will get booked up fast, I might end up having to watch in a pub, but its a chance I need to take.

Pacific Quay Emerald reporting that crowds are only increasing to 5,000 and permission has to be given by local council for an increase.

My initial thoughts were we will be at the mercy of GCC who will shaft us.

However having read what she said again it's clear that the reason we need to apply is to ensure adequate measures are in place as there is no physical distancing required by law now. I would say everyone having a dedicated seat, people being asked to wear a mask, given indicative times to arrive (even if we ignore) and limiting time on concourse is more than adequate measures when compared to other outdoor events such as festivals etc. No reason we shouldn't have a full house for Malmo.

I think all clubs would be right to go after the government and council in court if they did try to stop it.

Surely they can't remove the legal requirement for social distancing and then enforce social distancing requirements on certain businesses.
You make a good point. In effect the application should just be a rubber stamping of a capacity attendance.

I've taken a flyer mate as travel is hard from down south up to Glasgow, still very restricted. £180 for a return flight with BA, I'm sure Easyjet is cheaper but that's Luton. It will get booked up fast, I might end up having to watch in a pub, but its a chance I need to take.
I booked from Stansted when Rangers made the announcement that they “hoped” it would be a full house

Both the flights and hotel can be changed to a later date.

Did look at the train but it was silly money

My initial thoughts were we will be at the mercy of GCC who will shaft us.

However having read what she said again it's clear that the reason we need to apply is to ensure adequate measures are in place as there is no physical distancing required by law now. I would say everyone having a dedicated seat, people being asked to wear a mask, given indicative times to arrive (even if we ignore) and limiting time on concourse is more than adequate measures when compared to other outdoor events such as festivals etc. No reason we shouldn't have a full house for Malmo.

Your first sentence is probably why, more than a few are a little nervous about this. As you say though, there seems to be no reason not to grant it.

Full house for OF game? Look forward to 500 posts complaining about ticket prices for the corner usually reserved for scum. Surely will be home support only?

There has never been any logic to it I don't think - they make it up as they go along.

On a more optimistic note, the dhims have no less than four home games before 29th August and I find it impossible to believe GCC will deny their team a full house at some point during those games so 29th August might well be capacity also.
Yeah, I really hope they get given a full house for their next league game after restrictions lifted to there’s no way we can get turned down.

Full house for OF game? Look forward to 500 posts complaining about ticket prices for the corner usually reserved for scum. Surely will be home support only?
I'm in SW1 and unless they make huge changes to the player arrangements I suspect that corner might be housing bears from the enclosures.

As far as I remember, GCC weren't legally obliged to refuse the application on the basis of the Ibrox community council objection. CCs are glorified talking shops with no real authority. It was simply an excuse for them to knock us back.
One of the problems was the venue was not owned by Rangers.It was a "community" facility.For whatever reason the local CC objected to the plan . GCC could not give permission while the objection remained and while it remained a licencing meeting couldn't be convened to approve public entertainment licence.

Back