They have signed James Mccarthy

Fought off a host of top EPL sides and real Madrid like they have with every other signing no doubt.
Another one wee Angie scouted from Japan.

big shitey galloway will be hanging about his local phone box expecting a call.

The majority of the scum fans seem to be buzzing with the signing of him and Hart. We’ll probably only win the league by 14 points now!

Better than they have, Forrest, Turnbull or Soro are a step bellow this guy even considering he's now past it.

Never fit and hasn't scored in about 4 years. Happy with that cos he won't be cheap.

Unsure where this injury prone suggestion is coming from. He missed 3 games last season through injury. He didn't get a huge number of games, but played around 40 times the season before for Crystal Palace.

I actually think, unfortunately, that's a decent signing for them.

He’s had a lot of injuries, albeit not many in last few seasons.

Two good signings for them imo.
immediately improves them. Hart despite his lack of playing time etc is still a decent goalie capable of big saves (and gaffes)
McCarthy is imo a more injury prone Callum McGregor but he is better than anything they have in CM

A punt for them. Agree with posters above, this is where we were 3-4 years ago. Punting on Barton, Dorrans, Krancjar, Lescott (nearly). We were excited as a support but none of these worked out and in hindsight its because they were no longer top level PL. Big risk for them with the length of contracts. If it goes the wrong way its serious wages locked up in these two over long term.

It's another seminal moment for us with these signings as well. I honestly think if they get these wrong they are looking at least 5 years of not being anywhere near us.

What is going on with they're scouting network over there lol,3 and 4 year deals for those two haddies,bring it on!! B-)

He’s had six hamstring injuries in the last 7 years. Plus a year out because of a fractured tibia and fibula.

4 year deal is brilliant news…. For us.

i've always despised him since he binned Scotland for Ireland for very obvious reasons
I should clarify - I liked the type of player he was. Not him, personally.

As an Englishman, I’m not interested in his “nationality”.

A shiver went right down my spine.
McArthy and Hart signed.
56 is never going to happen now.
Ange has certainly done his homework on the European game to get these two in in such a short space of time.
You have to hand it to the man. How much football has he been watching to catch the two of them over the last year?
Dedication mate.

66 league games in 5 years I make it, that’s the very definition of injury prone.

He was a very good player back in the day, there’s a reason he is up here on a free transfer though.

Don't think McCarthy is suited to postecoglu's system looks like another signing forced on him .

But he is a pure sellick man so the dims will be delighted just need McClean to sign now for a full house .

Hart on his insta with the “Let’s go” caption. This alongside his congrats to us after we won the league will surely go down well with the east end natives.

McCarthy signing is just another of those grandstanding signings to keep the faux Irish amongst them happy.

In summary, 2 Shitey signings that won’t change them one bit, and they certainly won’t stop our run to the title this season.

McCarthy will be the modern generations Roy Keane signing, ticks all the boxes for them but in reality he’s a jobber midfielder who happens to play for Ireland at this stage in his career/

Unsure where this injury prone suggestion is coming from. He missed 3 games last season through injury. He didn't get a huge number of games, but played around 40 times the season before for Crystal Palace.

I actually think, unfortunately, that's a decent signing for them.

He managed 20 games in three years for Everton - when he should have been near his peak as a player - then 35 in his first season at Palace followed by 17 last season; 72 appearances in 5 years or an average of around 14 & a half games a season. If he's not generally injury prone - and I'll take your word for it that he's not - then he's certainly not the player he was once.

Maybe being with his unwashed boyhood heroes will revitalise him, but it's not a signing that worries me. It's one that screams out a smokescreen to appease the plastic paddies as much as it would be about replacing the lost experience of the lego muncher, if not more so.

Spunking money again.

Not informed by any kind of strategy.

From the outside, it looks like a total scattergun approach.

He’s had one injury since he returned from his leg break in the start of 2019. I’m not sure where this injury prone is coming from. He’s a marked improvement on what they have I think, sadly.

Back