MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Massive goal.
Taking the emotions out of the game, we bossed it for 85 minutes. Slightly concerned with the lack of shots but hope to see Alfie have at least a cameo next week.

Massive goal, leaves the tie winnable thank f@€k at Ibrox.

Midfield needs a major upgrade far too slow, Lundstrum is so frustrating square balls to no-one and the defence went awol.

Did he play a forward pass tonight, he brought nothing positive to our midfield at all, really disappointed with what I saw from him. Hurry back Kamara and Jack.

Arfield full of effort but for Europe has to be squad player.
Lundstram not seeing it on tonight and what I saw of him last season not the required standard for Europe.
Itten good holding up but is no Alfie why did we only start chucking in crosses when he’d gone off.
Wright didn’t get why we bought him from the sheep. Lacey but not our standard. Boy was I wrong - outstanding tonight our best player on the park!

MOTM to Davis for being the least wanker and getting the goal.

Itten would have been my back up. :p

Three things that need looked at are the final ball tonight, having a shot, and some
Forward pace out of midfield!

2-0 would’ve flattered them. But we were far below our levels today. Some of our experienced players need to get their finger out for the next leg. Passing was slack, aggression was missing, tempo was poor. If we see ourselves as a CL group stage team we either need these guys to play better or we need to buy better. I hope tonight is a wake up call.

That all said, well done Steven Davis. And a massive lift for next week.

We’ve just scraped a 2-1 defeat against a bang average Malmö team

That gives me absolutely zero confidence for next week. Crucial goal but if we start with Lundstrum and Arfield I’ll concede the tie before a ball is kicked
Thankfully, no-one gives a toss about what you would do.

Bossed that match in 2nd gear, bar a 10 minute spell - with almost half our team missing.

No, stress.

That goal was a lifesaver. You could see the impact not only on the score line, but on the faces of the Malmo players - sickened.

All to play for next week and the return of Aflie and Aribo should certainly help.

On the contrary, Alfredo and Aribo potentially back in the side.

Based on what we saw tonight with a raucous home crowd I am more than confident of turning over a one goal deficit.
I’d sooner play Kelly than watch Arfield and Lundstrum tow a caravan around the park again. Seriously, both need to be locked in a gym until they can last 70min of intense football

If, and it’s a big if, Aribo and Morelos are back, my opinion may change

Tonight shows we are massively light in midfield. A good team would have scudded us tonight

That’s a fucking penalty ya baldy bastard

We can thank Goldson & Tav for that result tonight.
I know it's not goin to go down well but I would not have Tav in our team next week his position as a defender is woeful, more than him to blame certainly but a lot of our goal losses in euro games have come from his side, his positioning as a defender is embarresing, yes he can give a lot going forward but can someone tell me apart from a great first half of last season when I admit he was our top player what has he done since.

Again, it shows that we should stop being so shot shy against these 10 at the back teams. There is every chance of a deflection when they pack the box like that.
They aren’t a good team.
I’m reasonably confident of the return.

That showed the difference between a team starting their season and a team in the middle of their season! 2-1 is OK after that performance.
We know when the qualifiers come around, we looked off it in all aspects. Work to do. Thankfully Malmö are limited, which helps. We have more quality. Needs to be shown next week.

I sincerely hope Stevie has learnt a lot tonight.
Lundstram and Wright definitely not ready for this level at the moment.

We need all guns blazing next week, with our strongest team that we can have, and can not have any passengers.

Wayy too many tonight.

Last edited:
Shouldn't have the same selection issues next week.
The whole game I've been screaming for someone to shoot from the D. Took 95 minutes to do so.

Goldson and Hellander won't play so poorly again.

Thankfully, no-one gives a toss about what you would do.

Bossed that match in 2nd gear, bar a 10 minute spell - with almost half our team missing.

No, stress.
Fair point, nor do I give a fuck about whether you thought we bossed it or not

Pretty even game, apart from 2 crazy minutes.

We'll be much sharper next week, hopefully we'll be allowed a near-capacity attendance then.

We’ve just scraped a 2-1 defeat against a bang average Malmö team

That gives me absolutely zero confidence for next week. Crucial goal but if we start with Lundstrum and Arfield I’ll concede the tie before a ball is kicked

What’s wrong with you mate? Between this and trying to blame a player who wasn’t on the pitch I think you’ve went mad!

What a difference that goal makes.

We have had a real scare there. Big warning and a kick up the arse. We can do the job at Ibrox, want to see us out the blocks fast though. Relentless.

Much improvement needed next week. Malmö are competent but beatable. We’ll need virtually everyone to up their game and hopefully have Morelos and Hagi available.

Hopefully this wakes the players up for the season - maximum effort required.

Massive goal for us, a real lifeline.
Despite our lack of games our fitness showed in the end and we dominated the last 15 minutes. Morelos back for next week and hopefully Hagi and go at the from the off.
Malmö are decent and defensively strong.

The Swedes are nothing great. However they are almost halfway through their season but they were spent towards the end there.
High tempo next week with more minutes in the tank on Saturday and why not?

Oh, and historically we needed that goal as we have never pulled a 2/0 first leg defeat back as far as i can recall.

Reactions: fmp
We can not leave a player unmarked as we did for their first goal. Would need to see it again but where was Tav. Very disappointed in the way we played but we still have a chance if we get our act together. Thought Wright did his bit and should Play next week.
Not the performance I was looking for but it is only one goal and surely we will play better attacking football next week.

Well done S Davis. For that moment of brilliance you more than deserve man of the match for us.
Overall I will admit we were second best on the night; they were just so much sharper on the ball but their tactics certainly didn’t endear them to me. Half time now so everything to play for.

Well that’s ruined our week. Let’s hope we can mock the rotten mob later in the week.

is this kinda where we are a good Europa League team and no more?
Been poor tonight against a team that didn’t look anything special. We are a few short and a bit low on match fitness. Don’t think the ref helped us much either as I felt we could have had a few more decisions go our way. Just think we had too many players off the pace and my continual gripe is we seem very shot shy. Don’t think we ever try our luck enough. Even if we don’t score shots give you the opportunity to look for a rebound or deflection.

certainly brings us back to earth with a bit of a bump
No. We had a bad night, that happens in football. We are a good side who were poor tonight.

Poor performance from us tonight. Malmö looked a lot fitter than us which is to be expected.

Positives to take from the performances of Kent, Wright and Itten tonight. Barring that 5 minute spell we controlled most of the game.

Need more from Lundstram, Barisic and Arfield.

Morelos is our best player by miles - our team is set up to capitalise on the havoc he creates.

Back