MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We simply cannot play as bad again next week, changes to the starting 11 or a kick to the baws for everyone and go out and show what kind of team we are?
All baws kicked by the gaffer the night i would say. Not a criticism on your post at all i agree with what u say but we all really need to take a step back and see that as a good result. As u said we "simply cannot play as bad again next week"
And we won't.

I'd like to think this was Lundstrom's first ever Euro tie and thus passed him by. Arfield as ever flatters to deceive. He can have you purring with delight in one game and shaking your head the next.

It was a collective bad day at the office, but that last gasp strike changes the complexion of the tie completely.

I fully expect to see a very cynical collection of opponents next week.
What, even more so !

I do fully agree with your post, but tonight we had a lesson in the dark arts - they were IMHO cheating, diving, cniving cnuts !

Massive goal from Davis at the end. Next week will be rocking at Ibrox and one thing I take from tonight is I don't think they will play any better and we certainly won't be as bad. Come on Rangers!

Start practicing penalties, any 1 goal victory takes us to a shoot out. No More St. Johnstones !

As away goals don't count now i forcast we will benefit from it by winning 3 2 and win on penalties
Im hopefully wrong and win easily

Definitely, too many knicker wetters on here.
OK, so watch the game and on no account criticise the performance, or in FF hackneyed parlance “wet your knickers” It’s usually panties by the way.
Seems pretty pointless to join a football forum, watch the games and then on no account wander into unstaunch and say that Rangers weren’t wonderful. All for fear of being accused of wetting your knickers.
I wouldn’t worry, I criticised Rangers once and my knickers are dry.

Tonight shows the need for legs in that midfield 3 tonight.

Davis was fine but Lundstrum and Arfield in particular seemed like they were towing a caravan.

When playing in a 3 you need at least 2 players that can cover the ground quick and are strong runners.

OK first half. Poor 2nd half. We are a far better attacking team than Malmö. Two defensive aberrations at the start of the 2nd half doesn’t change that. Davis’s goal is an absolute lifesaver for us and I’m confident that with another week in the legs and a wee bit more match sharpness we will beat them at Ibrox.

We are not entitled to breeze through every game especially this early in the season though. Some reality is required, not undue negativity. We can and will be much better.

Tactics wise we relied too much on set pieces and crosses but they won pretty much everything in their box. We needed to mix it up a bit, play more on the deck and move the ball quicker. The couple of times we did that we looked more dangerous. Player wise I thought Itten did well for an hour, Wright was the MOTM for me, looked lively constantly. Lundstram was disappointing, game passed him by other than a couple of interceptions and passes, I expected more from him. Arfield looked off it but to be honest has done since his injury lay-off. I expect to see either Hagi or Aribo back next time.

Our back 4 looked lost tonight. Tav & Goldson didn't exactly crown themselves in glory, Helander looks caught in the headlights at times & Barasic was well off form. Hopefully sorts itself out but could be done with strengthing.
Will keep judgement on Lundstram until he's played a few more games.
MotM for me is Davis for that goal. A goal that could define our season in Europe.

Hoping we are the one's running down the clock and frustrating this mob next week, that was excruciating at times, Davo you are a godsend!

OK, so watch the game and on no account criticise the performance, or in FF hackneyed parlance “wet your knickers” It’s usually panties by the way.
Seems pretty pointless to join a football forum, watch the games and then on no account wander into unstaunch and say that Rangers weren’t wonderful. All for fear of being accused of wetting your knickers.
Ffs, of course it's perfectly valid to criticize the performance. I didn't quote your post, I've no idea what you said.

It wasn't out best performance, but some of the hyperbole on here is laughable. We'll step it up next week and get through.

Find it strange wright got so many votes for mom, I thought he was pretty average and wanted him hooked. Won a few fouls but did nothing more than Kent.

You being over-dramatic, like a few others.

No-one is saying you can’t be critical of the team.

In-fact, being critical is most welcome.

Actually wouldn’t blame Goldson for that he had no time to adjust, if your right back gives the ball away inside he should be at the back post. Not going to be overly critical though Tav was decent. Lundstrum I think will be a top player for us but he’s off the pace. Anyone considering the sale of Kamara might want to have a rethink until Jack is available.

Kamara is huge for us. He should only be sold at top dollar and if a replacement is incoming. Champions League qualification is so important to allow us to keep our major assets and get better value for them in the future.

Kamara is huge for us. He should only be sold at top dollar and if a replacement is incoming. Champions League qualification is so important to allow us to keep our major assets and get better value for them in the future.
Spot on we sure missed him tonight. Put a sign on him Available and for sale, but only if the price is right

That was a real struggle.

I do wonder if we've been shielded from early season performances like that in the last 2 years given we've usually had a game against a St Josephs or the likes in the earlier qualifying rounds to get minutes in the legs and sharpness in the final third.

What surprised me most tonight was the selections. To include so many who didnt start versus Livingston, albeit many forced, really worked against us.

The only positive from tonight is we're still right in the tie, crucially scoring the last goal of the game and I don't see Malmö playing any better than they mustered tonight. Their dejection spike a thousand words.

Honestly scunnered with this pish tonight. Individual errors costing us rather than being ripped apart from a much superior team

Tav/Goldson back to their 18/19 form, Kent looking as if it’s Barker wearing a Kent mask and Lundstrum/Arfield look as if it’s the first time they’ve ran about in months

Excellent chance to get into the CL groups and we’ve absolutely blown it.
Don't be hasty.

Don't be hasty.
Tbf it was said in anger but we can’t turn up next Tuesday and play that midfield again, we just can’t

Wrap Hagi/Aribo up in cotton wool, give them painkillers if need be, but one of them needs to start in the midfield 3

You being over-dramatic, like a few others.

No-one is saying you can’t be critical of the team.

In-fact, being critical is most welcome.
Every match thread is the same. Criticise the team and some panty wetting roaster calls you a panty wetting roaster.
Never calls out the individual just a generalised “Too many roasters on here” or “The panty wetters are out in force”
Just hackneyed and boring, so I lapsed into full drama queenery (that’s another one) and had a nip at it.

Tbf it was said in anger but we can’t turn up next Tuesday and play that midfield again, we just can’t

Wrap Hagi/Aribo up in cotton wool, give them painkillers if need be, but one of them needs to start in the midfield 3
I was feeling the same way at that stage of the game to be honest. I knew we would get at least one good chance though.

We can not leave a player unmarked as we did for their first goal. Would need to see it again but where was Tav. Very disappointed in the way we played but we still have a chance if we get our act together. Thought Wright did his bit and should Play next week.
Not the performance I was looking for but it is only one goal and surely we will play better attacking football next week.

To be fair he had moved inside to mark the player behind Goldson as he got drawn across. The problem was Lundstram, who didn't drop back to cover JT, that's why the Malmo player was wide open. Not sure you can really blame Tav for the first goal...now the second!! Different story.

As were a number of other players. Arfield got sold a dummy like a youngster for the cross as well. Terrible night of football for most of the team but hopefully that last minute goal gives us the momentum.
Or as Stevie G put it, ...6 or 7 of the team tonight need to step it up quickly...or something similar.

We can not leave a player unmarked as we did for their first goal. Would need to see it again but where was Tav. Very disappointed in the way we played but we still have a chance if we get our act together. Thought Wright did his bit and should Play next week.
Not the performance I was looking for but it is only one goal and surely we will play better attacking football next week.
Hard to tell who was supposed to be picking him up between Tav and Lundstram at the time.

He wasn't given extra time off though
I thought he was? I took it as SG taking the piss out of the media when he said he didn't know when he'd be back. Morelos might or might not have made a difference tonight, it's gone and we've redeemed ourselves enough to win it now.

I thought he was? I took it as SG taking the piss out of the media when he said he didn't know when he'd be back. Morelos might or might not have made a difference tonight, it's gone and we've redeemed ourselves enough to win it now.
He got the same time off as our Euro players

Yes as my understanding was he was given extra time off on top of what would’ve been classed as holiday

Colombia progressing in the tournament caused the delay. Alfie was due time off, if Colombia had been knocked out earlier he’d have been back in time.

Nae cant thought they’d be third.

Last edited:
Been working so didn't really get the chance to comment during the game. We played well in spells and let them get too much of the ball at times. They did boot feck out of our players and when we returned the compliment we got booked for it - the ref did make an arse of several decisions.

The two goals we let it were and out and out joke. I don't think we'll see many goals as poor as this all season that we let in. Truly awful effort and made it so easy for them it's unreal.

The goal at the end gives a very good chance but we need our players to absolutely up their game and keep their focus from start to finish.

Some of our players looked really quite tired and not that far in either.

Added to that I would say that Malmo are a genuinely horrible little team. They knew how to play he ref and they were without a doubt up there with the biggest bunch of greeting faced gits we've come up against.

We finished the game strong and had moments of total domination. We need to see more of that next week. We ideally need to bury them quite early on or put them right on the back foot by getting an early goal. We very much can take the needed win next week, absolutely. If we get the players to turn up and play to their best we could even do it well.

Columbia progressing in the tournament caused the delay. Alfie was due time off, if Columbia had been knocked out earlier he’d have been back in time.

Nae cant thought they’d be third.
Fair point, hadn’t even considered 3rd place play off game

Hard to tell who was supposed to be picking him up between Tav and Lundstram at the time.
I haven't seen it back properly, but my initial reaction was that Lundstram got pulled over to the ball like a moth to a flame.

He'll take a bit of time to adjust, but it's early days in the season for the whole team.

Back