Match Thread Rangers v Malmö - 20:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Quite an embarrassment considering the half time position.

I want answers and I want action.

Our strongest 11 on Friday, an absolute barrowload of goals and a clean sheet, nothing else acceptable after this start to the season.

Probably the 1st team that has really stuffed us tactically.

The 2 strikers completely unnerved our centre halves & their 3 centre halves blocked anything in the middle. We are nowhere near as effective down the wings as last season at the moment.

Of course we need to defend better but also think McGregor stepped too far over & should be saving the 2nd

Maybe now we stop believing our own rhetoric. We are at best a Europa league side. Leaving out Hellander for Balogan is rerunning tge nightmare of the Slavia game. We have seen this movie before and seen the same ending.

We need a quality CH been saying that all season. If we want to progress in be Ehrope we need better quality in defence. We also need Ryan Jack or someone who can do that role.

jog-on-hot-fuzz.gif
How is that

Have to watch what gets said for fear of a ban.

Gerrard and this whole setup have been a complete embarrassment. There is absolutely no way we should be accepting this level from Rangers. I don’t care who is manager or how far into the season we are.

Having this level or performance is criminal, and if it was any other manager except for Steven Gerrard, they’d be on a shoogly peg. He should be no different.

Embarrassing second half. I'm speechless really. There are so many players off form in this team it's not true. There can be no excuses. This is just not good enough and we have big decisions to make.

Im not an apologist of the team btw. Im raging at that champions league opportunity and fortune to elude is. I just don't think we deserve to lose. Freak goals.

But aye, tbh if people are raging go with it. Im raging as well, just totally knocked out with how that unravelled.

notvsure the goals were freak, nice ball to a free man as balogun left him, second one balogun let’s same man get 1sr and second and doesn’t really try to block shot.

goals over there lundstram left the guy for the first goal in acres and the second was also a duck up

no freak about it

Absolutely unforgivable to lose this tie when I’m almost total control.

Sone serious questions about attitude and application need to be asked. Somethings not quite right, and it’s ok to say it. Tavernier hasnt helped himself with the claims he claims up in front of crowds, plus his old tricks came back with his abysmal crossing.

That’s a huge amount of potential income getting lost too.

Questions need asked. Terrible second half, unforgivable defending and some serious questions needing asked about some of our more attacking players, Kent and to a degree aribo.
Morelos was only pass mark for me.

If we're constantly saying these games are coming too early, then start pre-season sooner. Sick of that excuse.

Incredibly deflating that.

A few players absolutely miles off form and being rewarded for previous performances it would seem.

A performance and form that certainly raises a number of questions about certain individuals and the wider collective group now

Got what we deserved from the tie. Each of the 4 goals we lost were avoidable but mistake after mistake was made and we were punished by a more ruthless side.

We gave ourselves a chance and blew it.

Big, big improvements needed from what we've seen in the last week if we want to even make the EL groups.

Im not an apologist of the team btw. Im raging at that champions league opportunity and fortune to elude is. I just don't think we deserve to lose. Freak goals.

But aye, tbh if people are raging go with it. Im raging as well, just totally knocked out with how that unravelled.

Your defence of that performance is admirable, but we deserved to lose tonight. We stopped playing around 35 minutes. First leg might have been freak goals - I'd call them defensive lapses. Last week it was Goldson and Tav. Tonight it was Balogun.

Thats not a freak result.

Credit to Malmo. They've beaten us handily.
This is a reality check. We have some glaring vulnerabilities.

Absolutely embarrassing. Aribo, Morelos and Davis the only ones getting pass marks.

Gerrard should've made a positive substitution much earlier but nope, left it until well after they get their second. Shocking.

100% right.
Gerrard, and Wilson got this badly wrong. Unless the board said no dice?
We have screwed this up because of our in ability to strengthen in major areas in the team.
And we should have off loaded players who were not willing to totally commit.
Don’t want to push the panic button too early but there seem to be some parallels with that lot’s season last year…

I'm not sure we strengthened the playing squad enough for champion league level..
Not want to bash sakala and Lundstrum...but I don't think they're any better than what we already have.

Back