Rangers Silk Scarves 60's?

my dad has the one on the left, original tassles are white, he dyed them orange ;)

probably 1965 or 66

230A-45-294_468x382.jpg

After the Aberdeen game when we won the league I was going to a wedding that night, mate asked me to take his scarf up the road as they were going in to town.
Anyway nipped into the local the Broomy in Barmulloch , to annoy tims before night out and gave the scarf to a guy I half knew grandson up from England who was at the game.
As with others on this post, my mates dad had given him it, still not too impressed to this day what I done.
So if you are on here and stay in England could I have it back please:D

love the vintage scarves, I had a couple of crackers along with old strips that I am convinced my wife skipped when we moved house a couple years back!

my dad has the one on the left, original tassles are white, he dyed them orange ;)

probably 1965 or 66

230A-45-294_468x382.jpg

I have one similar to the one on the left, but the tassles are blue and made of wool. I have never seen another one like it. I will try and dig it out and post a picture at the weekend.

Agree with this. Would definitely be a top seller especially with the run up to Christmas.
Tried to make my faux pas up to him later and bought a so called replica from the Rangers store, absolutely cheap tat.
For some reason, can remember a shop under the central station bridge used to sell the real ones in the 70/80's

A wee tale of the scarf with the golden lions. I used to have two and both came into my possession in fortuitous circumstances. The first fell out a supporters bus window in 1968'ish on the way to Kilmarnock. My dad's car was directly behind so he stopped and picked it up. I still have that scarf which I treasure. I found another that was wrapped around the wing mirror of a black hack the morning after we lost the 71 Scottish Cup replay. One of my mates asked me why I wanted it given the result (he was a Tim) but regardless, it was Rangers and I was Bear. Sadly in reflection, a couple of years later I actually cut it up so I could sew it onto the back panel of my wrangler jaiket (oh, the folly of youth!). I still keep an eye open for the angle cut scarf with the wee red lions, but I don't hold out much hope finding one of them on the streets, never mind eBay.

Tried to make my faux pas up to him later and bought a so called replica from the Rangers store, absolutely cheap tat.
For some reason, can remember a shop under the central station bridge used to sell the real ones in the 70/80's
I bought my 1975 League Champions scarf in that shop. I loved it but it wasn't silk and was a b@stard to wear :p

Sorry about the size of these - 1st time doing pics! This is my scarf that was passed on to me from my Grandpa in the 70's. My old man tends to wear it just now and I'll wear it in due course although I sometimes use it if I'm at a game on my own.

My Mum bought me this scarf at Lougheeds of Shaftsebury Square, Belfast circa 1964/65, what happy memories your picture gave me, thanks for posting.

Reactions: 8-1
Not sure I want to sell mate.

Just looking to see what it's worth
It was a scarf my father gave me and was trying to find one to get for my boy and just trying to find one is hard

Don't think it's valuable as sutch

Just that it's a bit difficult to get a hold off

But only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it

Just liked to get one that's all
If u did decide u wanted to sell I'd be interested mate ?

It was a scarf my father gave me and was trying to find one to get for my boy and just trying to find one is hard

Don't think it's valuable as sutch

Just that it's a bit difficult to get a hold off

But only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it

Just liked to get one that's all
If u did decide u wanted to sell I'd be interested mate ?
Will keep you in mind if I ever do.

Ok good man

I got a scarf company I'm speaking to Tomoz regards a replica

So hopefully get it sorted if I can

If you get it sorted can you let me know. I had that scarf but for the life of me i cant find it, i just hope i haven't gave it away when had one to many.

Still got my Mums from the 70s?
Edit: Just asked her what year. It was 68, scarf my Grampa bought her at the game. Never knew that. I'll pass it on to my boy once he's old enough.
21731152_10213880221024824_3847271412091887800_n.jpg

A tie I got a few years back too.
21740090_10213880221104826_4465302093579718568_n.jpg

Last edited:
Has this Scarf any value and when is it from?

20170914_215432.jpg
The best scarf ever. I managed to lose mine in Partick the night we beat Aberdeen to make it 8 in a row. Absolutely gutted the next day when I realised. Steamin drunk I was!

Thanks Ferris, it really is the business, pure class.

That was my Da's scarf - it's on its way to someone in Inverness, but it's better than sitting in a drawer in my house. I think he'd be amazed something that cost him a few pounds in the 60's went for ÂŁ120.

Weirder, I also sold a replica USSR top that they wore in the 1988 Euro champs for ÂŁ185. Just mental.

Sorry about the size of these - 1st time doing pics! This is my scarf that was passed on to me from my Grandpa in the 70's. My old man tends to wear it just now and I'll wear it in due course although I sometimes use it if I'm at a game on my own.
CLASS!

Reactions: 8-1
My dad has one similar to @8-1 not sure the exact design but will look it out and post pictures of it he got it when the players came back with the cup in Barcelona said he found when they came back with the cup. Not sure a will ever wear it but it’s not something I would ever sell either .

There's another one going for ÂŁ200

I don't see why someone doesn't make replicas of these.

They'd sell like hot cakes.

The club did for a while, I bought one but the quality was not there. Maybe around 2005

Didn't the Tootal brand back in the 60's produce scarves for football clubs as well as high st retail and fashion. You can still buy Tootal scarves maybe wee deal with them would be the mutts nuts

Now if only we had a proper retail department, these scarves would be best sellers but you never know maybe just maybe in the next couple of months things will change.

Back