Ronaldo signs for Man Utd

No mate, he’s not as quick anymore and has moved a lot more infield. He was more of a central striker at Juve, as opposed to the winger he used to be.

I know he is nothing like the speed machine he once was - but he still seems like he has a pretty rapid burst over short distances. But I don't watch Italian football like you do, so it might be a case of me being fooled by highlights of his goals.

I know he is nothing like the speed machine he once was - but he still seems like he has a pretty rapid burst over short distances. But I don't watch Italian football like you do, so it might be a case of me being fooled by highlights of his goals.
Yeah mate, still that burst but he’s nothing like the speed machine he was (as you said). It’s not a criticism, to be in the condition he is at his age, is freaky.

I’m intrigued to see if he plays centrally for United, or they use Cavani like Benzema at Madrid - Morata was the foil for him at Juve, but that was mainly in a 4-4-2.

A counter point to the above, is that because he’s playing a lot more centrally he didn’t always have to go full speed - so it just be a misconception on my part!.

OF games come a minimum of 4 times a season. One of the biggest names in the game going back to an old stomping round in a dramatic twist doesn’t.

But very staunch mate.
Nothing to do with being staunch chum. Rangers forum, Rangers less than 48 hours before we meet the scum and this is the biggest post on the forum. I personally don’t get it but you do. There must be manu manc juve forums.

Nothing to do with being staunch chum. Rangers forum, Rangers less than 48 hours before we meet the scum and this is the biggest post on the forum. I personally don’t get it but you do. There must be manu manc juve forums.
There are, but why does it matter mate? I think Rangers fans prefer to talk football amongst ourselves, as opposed to discussing it with Manc fans or Juve fans.

Also worth noting that its the first OF of the season so regardless of the result nothing is won and lost on Sunday. There’s such a long way to go that it’s probably the least defining of the OF fixtures this season. But you read these sorts of remarks on here regularly, I presume from people who aren’t bothered about football outside of a Rangers.

I can't believe man city bottled Harry Kane Messi and Ronaldo all in 3 weeks massive club.....

How do you bottle a signing? At the end of the day they never offered contracts to any of them and decided not to pay what they obviously thought was over the odds. Although passing on those 3 and forking out £100m for Jack Grealish is still hilarious to me.

Last time Utd jumped in front like that (assuming City were genuinely interested in CR7) was for Alexis and that worked out brilliantly.

Do City now go all out to secure Haland this window ?

They're not getting Kane. They're not getting Ronaldo. Anyone else reckon they'll pay the premium for Haland rather than get involved in a cheaper bidding war next year ?
They should have been going all out for Haaland long before Kane and Ronaldo.

Reactions: TQ3
Cr7 back to Man Utd was a no brainer, that 19 million fee will be peanuts when you consider merch intake....not to mention the late winners he'll get for them.
Glad he didn't go to City given the fact he's already a Manchester United legend, although I really would have loved to have seen him play alongside the GOAT, Neymar and the future best player on the planet in Mbappe even just for one season....
That would've been fucking FIFA ultimate team shit!!

A fantastic player, will be the best attacking player in the league even at his age.
Still don’t think they’ll win anything though.

No mate, he’s not as quick anymore and has moved a lot more infield. He was more of a central striker at Juve, as opposed to the winger he used to be.

Morata was Juve's main central striker last season. Ronaldo switched about and played a variety of roles last season but mostly played out wide with Morata playing central. He's obviously not as fast as he was in his prime but he certainly still has good speed as he proved at the Euros.

This question is neither here nor there more just my own fascination

Say we signed Ronaldo, does the stadium sellout for his unveiling at 20 quid a ticket?

Would be pretty fascinating to see just how much Ronaldo would impact on a club even the size of ours if he signed

just a random brain fart.

Morata was Juve's main central striker last season. Ronaldo switched about and played a variety of roles last season but mostly played out wide with Morata playing central. He's obviously not as fast as he was in his prime but he certainly still has good speed as he proved at the Euros.
That’s not accurate mate.

Juve more often than not played a 4-4-2 last season, with Ronaldo and Morata as central strikers.

Pirlo seemed to change his game plan week in, week out but 4-4-2 was the predominant formation withRabiot/McKennie/Ramsey/Kulusevski/Cuadrado and Chiesa in the wide positions.

When they did try to be more fluid in possession, Ronaldo would drift left as expected but it was nowhere as much as a winger would.

In the main, they both played fairly centrally.

Pirlo was heavily criticised for his 4-4-2 formation, and tactics involved - because it was clear from day 1 nobody had a clue what they were doing.

Last edited:
Kind of amazed that PSG didn't end up going for Ronaldo.

Need a winger/striker to just put the ball in the net, need it to be a marquee name for the Qatar 2022 Sportswashing and nobody is going to pick up the phone for their first choices; Haaland isn't happening this summer for all the money in the world, Sancho has moved, Liverpool will just laugh at PSG if they came in for Salah or Mane and Hazard is a waddling mess that doesn't want to go back to France.

If I were them now I'd go and try to sign Sterling, but Manchester City might tell them to bolt now.

I might be walking into my first ever whoosh here and if I am, I am blaming alcohol. Lol

Did you miss PSG signing a little Argentinian the other week mate? He might be considered a marquee name who could put the ball in the net?

At least he choose the EPL and not ligue 1, i couldnt give a shit about Ronaldo or Messi before the strange characters who argue about these two constantly start.

Cr7 back to Man Utd was a no brainer, that 19 million fee will be peanuts when you consider merch intake....not to mention the late winners he'll get for them.
Glad he didn't go to City given the fact he's already a Manchester United legend, although I really would have loved to have seen him play alongside the GOAT, Neymar and the future best player on the planet in Mbappe even just for one season....
That would've been fucking FIFA ultimate team shit!!

Share price increase worth over £100 million today alone

I'll probably watch him play for Manure, I'm a bit of a voyeur, so let's see how he gets on. He'll probably run riot.

Kind of hoped he'd go to Bayern. Cant be many players with champions medals for the four "big" European leagues.

But better United than City.

At least he choose the EPL and not ligue 1, would have been amazing to have Messi in the EPL as well, i couldnt give a shit about Ronaldo or Messi before the strange characters who argue about these two constantly start.

If Utd had a good manager I'd make them favourites.

They have a ridiculous amount of goals & assists in that team.

Unfortunately Solskjaer will hold them back.

It’s a huge story though and the bear pit is for all football discussion? And I wouldn’t imagine many bears will be on man Utd or juve forums.
The OF game will get PLENTY of discussion on here in the next 24 hours and beyond as well.
I loathe man Utd but it can’t be denied they’ve just put themselves firmly in the frame for the title.

Here here, you tell them mate. I'm absolutely raging that we're talking about Ronaldo in the lead upto an Old Firm game. I'm away for a can of juice.
I've never understood why people post moaning about a thread instead of just starting the discussion they think we should be having.

This is a great bit of business for Man U. Surprised they didn’t go for Messi as well given that there are no limitations on the amount of debt they can accrue and that financial fair play does not apply to ‘ proper ‘ clubs.
They will defo challenge for the league this season. Chelsea probably the ones most likely to thwart them.
They only debt they are in mate is down to the owner , not the other way around , and I hate the c,unts .

Back