Naismith Reception

I read what someone said on here the other day regarding the wider fan base not always being represented on FF and we have to accept he would get a good reception today from the majority. Was nice to see all the fans or a large percentage on the same hymn sheet. I wouldn’t have booed him but I share the sentiment.

Don't often if ever see a former player who won titles at Ibrox getting such a negative reaction from the Rangers support.
Quite extraordinary.
Some posters on here tried telling us that the dislike of Naismith was an FF thing and wasn't shared by the wider support.
Oh dear!

I read what someone said on here the other day regarding the wider fan base not always being represented on FF and we have to accept he would get a good reception today from the majority. Was nice to see all the fans or a large percentage on the same hymn sheet. I wouldn’t have booed him but I share the sentiment.

Said the same in another thread.
He has had his time and we move forward with younger hungrier players.
Young Greg being a prime example...similar to Naismith when he first arrived with a real hunger and desire to play for "The Rangers" .

Naismith could have had it so different if he had only left without saying anything.

Think you can safely say his best days are behind him and would be nothing more than a squad player. Hes not welcome at Ibrox in my opinion anyway so hearts are welcome to him

That was me mate, or certainly I said similar. As I said I wouldn’t have booed him but equally I can’t feel too much sympathy either. Made his bed eh.

Don’t like booing players who did what they two did for us

But I did today

Made me feel uneasy

But they let us down when we really did need them

Wallace stood by his team as did Steve Davis

All they had to do was sign a contract so we could at least get a couple of bob

I don't have much if any problem with Lafferty.
I fully understand why they had to leave and I also can accept that in leaving they did the best financial deal they could, it was the sort of opportunity that perhaps most would have found impossible to resist.

All Naismith had to do was say nought.
Perhaps wish the club well and emphasise how sad he was to have to leave.
Today on his return he would probably have got some applause, and on his retirement, he could have become part of the ex-players bandwagon up here, with a chance to enjoy his former stature as a Ranger.
Sadly he fckd this.

Tin hat on, but......

...... I think he pulled back in front of goal with that chance.

Just hesitated enough.

I'll get my coat.

That was me mate, or certainly I said similar. As I said I wouldn’t have booed him but equally I can’t feel too much sympathy either. Made his bed eh.

I was going to say “a regular poster who I generally agree with” but couldn’t think who it was. But your right it was you. The AV reminds me now.

Said the same in another thread.
He has had his time and we move forward with younger hungrier players.
Young Greg being a prime example...similar to Naismith when he first arrived with a real hunger and desire to play for "The Rangers" .

Naismith could have had it so different if he had only left without saying anything.

Even if he had said nothing when he left I think you are correct far better to go down the road of signing a Young Greg than an old Naismith with his best days behind him.

Absolutely shat myself when Martin's clearance came back off him, the camera angle and Tom Miller's reaction made it seem like it had went in! Thank f*ck it didn't!

Got what he so richly deserved and puts an end to him ever pulling the Rangers jersey on again.

At FT he solitarily matched up to the hearts support. Took his top off and gave it to a watery farts supporter.

Nice move. But he was roundly booed by the Broomie and Govan Front.

I wouldn't have done that to him.

As he was walking back.... he turned and beat his chest at the crest.

What an extremely odd person!
Thanks for taking the time to reply,much appreciated

He’s hated and he should now realise his time with us is erased in the memory of the support. Steven Naismith doesn’t exist in any shape or form in the eyes of the Rangers support.

In years to come he’ll never be a former Rangers player welcomed at supporters dinners or acclaimed in any shape or form by the support as a former Ger.

He’s a pariah and dead to us.

Last edited:
What an extremely odd person!
Thanks for taking the time to reply,much appreciated

It really was odd. I think the occaision got to him.... being home amongst his own and being booed was just too much for him, TBH it wasn't deserved IMO.

BTW there was no crest on his under armour but you know what I mean.

PS. You are the Gordy from there old board? Good to see you if so.

Back