Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 8 options where was he fitting in ?

Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo, Jack, Lundstram, Bacuna, Kelly.

We went for Lundstram and Bacuna to bolster our options time will tell if that was the best and sensible decision by the management never really believed the McCann rumours most of it was fueled by folk on here wanting him.
Davis won’t be playing every game this season and Jack is continually injured. Aibo is often played on Right wing and Lundstrom the jury is out.

As others have said, he did have offers to stay in England. Crystal Palace were widely reportedly to be very interested.

The Rangers link was there for the best part of a year before he arrived. He's admitted he grew up a massive Liverpool fan so maybe, just maybe, he's the odd exception in football and wanted to play at a huge club for one of his heroes, win titles and play in Europe.

But by the sounds of it, you already don't like him and decided ages ago he was shite, so you're going to believe what you want to believe aren't you.
To be fair his performance against slashkert would put you off but he is a player and will eventually be the first name on it

How do you know what we're holding out for? We haven't had any offers bar for Paterson.
We seem to be a club who have a big issue selling players and bringing in money. That's not a sustainable strategy in anyone's language.

I am simply question our end goal for this so called "model".

Get the key players signed up on long term deals and we will be fine.

However if true about the deals for Itten being 3 million quid then that’s a massive stupid move in every sense, should have went 10 million

sorry? how on earth would Itten be worth 10 million after sitting on our bench for the past season. Mind boggling stupidity.

I’m generally more optimistic than most.

- Kept our main players, they’ll improve again as they have done year in, year out.
- Signed a few bosmans, one of which - turned down the French champions. Both of whom would have cost £10-15m between them to sign (IMO).
- Ridded of the deadwood.

However, players contracts are running down, some are likely to see their value depreciateand at some point we need to put our model into practice.

Maybe we will have to bite the bullet and accept a smaller fee than we normally would, just to show clubs that we are a club who are good for developing players.

I’ve no huge complaints, fine window but as I said, I’m very optimistic and positive.

Lets be honest, Robertson could shit in your bed and you’d find a positive. :)

We haven’t upgraded the starting 11, imo.

I think we were one big player short. Revitalise the whole squad.

Saying that, we fucked the CL, so we can’t expect big signings.

Sakala will hopefully kick on and be a game changer. Lundstram getting up to speed and being a genuine starter would help.

They are weaker than they were on Sunday, which is pretty bizarre, and they're probably weaker than they were last season overall despite spending a right few bob, again
They are enjoying a new manager bump at the moment, but that will wear off and they willl realise their squad badly lacks quality. Warburton’s first season comes to mind.

It is a difficult balancing act and I am not saying it is easy. But as time drags by window after window, certain player values can actually depreciate.

For me, there is something not right about us being unable to deal properly in the market when it comes to players moving on for good money.

I actually wanted us to cash in this summer. The lack of liquidity in our transfer pot and the fact that we need an additional £14m this season - and CL exit - was the time to do it.

Ross Wilson can talk about the "model" as much as he wants, but as far as I can see we don't actually have one. Our "strategy" seems flawed to say the least.

Unless we actively howk our players around looking for buyers, upsetting the manager and squad, there's not much can be done.

You're obviously looking on jealously at Celtic selling players, but they have a bunch of unhappy players who wanted to go and made it clear, so then they actively look to sell, we have a squad that is settled and aren't agitating to go, it's a massive difference, and I'd far prefer how we have it just now.

Is that “depth” or “strength & depth”

I know dozens of players in the juniors who’d walk over broken glass to play in our midfield. Beefing up those numbers doesn’t necessarily put us in a good position.

IMO we have the following candidates for midfield:

First:

Davis
Kamara
Aribo

Imtermediate:

Lundstram
Arfield
Hagi???

unknown:

Jack
Kelly

That’s not great in all honesty, when you consider age and injury history of the listed players. Plus two of those listed (Aribo and Hagi) could be “argued” that they are out of position in the middle of the park.
It's difficult to say I didn't expect us to get Lundstram as one of our main targets

Bacuna came out of nowhere as our next midfield addition.

We have more options whether it's the quality ones remains to be seen.

Our transfer business this summer has been utterly baffling.

They are weaker than they were on Sunday, which is pretty bizarre, and they're probably weaker than they were last season overall despite spending a right few bob, again
Their midfield options are ridiculously slim. Tom Rogic has somehow become a must-start for them again with no replacements other than youth players.

Compare that with our squad depth of having 2 players for every position and in some cases 3. We are far far better prepared for the rigours of a long season.

Has any British player lasted more than a few months there? If this is true he’ll be back in the SPFL or League 1 down south by next summer.

Honestly can’t think of any. I think it was either Boyd or Shagger who didn’t get paid for the majority of their time there?

So glad the fans don't run our club.
We would be bankrupt with a squad full of players who mostly would not have been good enough to pull on the Jersey.

Is that “depth” or “strength & depth”

I know dozens of players in the juniors who’d walk over broken glass to play in our midfield. Beefing up those numbers doesn’t necessarily put us in a good position.

IMO we have the following candidates for midfield:

First:

Davis
Kamara
Aribo

Imtermediate:

Lundstram
Arfield
Hagi???

unknown:

Jack
Kelly

That’s not great in all honesty, when you consider age and injury history of the listed players. Plus two of those listed (Aribo and Hagi) could be “argued” that they are out of position in the middle of the park.
Need Bacuna in there too mate.

The prices we are holding out for are therfore unrealistic. For some players, their 'values' are decreasing. See Borna imo.

No-one seems to want to sell any of our big players and back slaps all round at the end of every window. Until we take the plunge and make profit, financially we are not in a strong position.

Our "strategy" seems somewhat weak and could cost us.
We have to replace anyone who leaves though without weakening the side. You can't do that and make a profit if you are selling at a cut down price. Arguably keeping the likes of Patterson and improving our odds of winning the league to get champions league makes more financial sense than accepting something like £8 million.

To be fair his performance against slashkert would put you off but he is a player and will eventually be the first name on it

Then in the very next game against Ross County, came off the bench and played a part in Arfield's goal, and came on on Sunday and helped see out the final minutes.

Amongst most already believing he's crap, he's learning a new position and getting used to the league.

For me he'll play a big part this season when he's settled in.

Get the key players signed up on long term deals and we will be fine.

However if true about the deals for Itten being 3 million quid then that’s a massive stupid move in every sense, should have went 10 million
If the option for Itten is genuinely £3m then that's good as that would mean a profit for us if they took it up. That side are never paying £10m for anyone btw.

how about you give the lad a chance and make your own mind up rather than listen to what Sheff Utd fans think?

Agree with this, adding to it - the reason why their fans are so pissy about him is he purposely ran down his contract in order to leave.

I mind when he signed I had a glance at a thread on their forum about him - all of them positive about him, then January when it came to realize he wouldn't sign a deal they changed.

Unless we actively howk our players around looking for buyers, upsetting the manager and squad, there's not much can be done.

You're obviously looking on jealously at Celtic selling players, but they have a bunch of unhappy players who wanted to go and made it clear, so then they actively look to sell, we have a squad that is settled and aren't agitating to go, it's a massive difference, and I'd far prefer how we have it just now.
Not thinking about Celtic.

Our money in from transfers in over the years is very poor compared to many, many clubs.

We are seeing very little profit.

Wilson banging on about our squad value means nothing when we don't sell and take profit.

The fact that we bring in virtually nothing in transfer fee revenue suggests our strategy needs to be significantly reviewed in that space. It's no way to run a business, considering the financial gaps we continue to have.
Or our board have a strategy. I'd be inclined to trust the businessman running our club, since they have an emotional and financial stake

One point on the tims' "improvement". If Starfelt doesn't come good for them, and the early signs are he won't, then they don't have defence that can win a title.
They don’t have a manager who knows how to defend to win a title.

the blitzkriek policy is all fine and well from time to time but I have seen cracking European teams going gun hoe and getting ripped appart.

we had no pace on Sunday and whatever is going on with Kent will pass and he will find his form and numbers etc, if you factor in the sheer amount of players we were missing on Sunday and had nothing attacking down our right then let’s see what the next game brings.

When you consider the rumour that Lundstram is on circa £30k a week and received a signing-on fee of north of £1m the decision not to sign McCann is even more puzzling.
I’ve seen people mention 30k and 35k for lundstrum. Surely not anywhere near this?

I am delighted that we have not lost or appear to have not lost any of our key players, management obviously think we have enough resources for the league and getting out of our EL group. I agree with the posters that say not qualifying for the ECL has impacted our investment on players but to lose nobody is a good night for me.

Has any British player lasted more than a few months there? If this is true he’ll be back in the SPFL or League 1 down south by next summer.
Slightly off topic but Steven Caulker is now out there playing for Fenerbache as well. Peculiar career... Dundee to Fenerbache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back