Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s true then it makes our contract negotiations for the likes of Kent, Aribo, Kamara, Goldson, Morelos etc harder because those guys would want similar/higher wages.
And they should be given them.

you can’t sell a 10 grand a week player for 20 million, 30 grand you can

Bit disappointed we've not at least tried to bring someone in loan to cover Itten going out we are really chancing it given Roofe's issues with injury and Sakala still trying to find his feet here. Not even counting Defoe as an option as he should just stick to the coaching role.

On the whole though its a decent window in terms of holding onto our key players like Alfie and Kamara. Time will tell with Lundstram etc they need to be given a chance instead of being written off straight away. Got rid of some deadwood like Jones and Edmundson by getting fees for both of them.

Time to kick on after the international break.

I have wondered about this too. Always lots of rumours but never any big sales.

(Romanticising it) Maybe playing for the greatest football club in the world with the most loyal and passionate fans on the planet under a legend like Gerrard might mean something...
Going by views on here. We have the following players either at or close to 8 figures.

tav
Patterson
Goldson
Barisic
Kamara
Kent
Morelos
Hagi
Aribo.

clearly a lot of debate. But we’ve never sold a player for even £10m. Never mind 9 from the same squad.

I think we seriously overestimate what we can get for our players. Our most valuable player is alfie and we got an offer for 15 when we wanted 20.

we have done so well last season. Domestically and in Europe. But why no flurry of bids?

I know my point is every club has its share of duds but if your scouting system brings in big profits on players then its working not too bad. Yes they’ve had plenty of duds but they always seem to find a big sale too.
What's the balance though? They've spent a fair few quid on players that have quietly gone out the back door.

Last edited:
Going by views on here. We have the following players either at or close to 8 figures.

tav
Patterson
Goldson
Barisic
Kamara
Kent
Morelos
Hagi
Aribo.

clearly a lot of debate. But we’ve never sold a player for even £10m. Never mind 9 from the same squad.

I think we seriously overestimate what we can get for our players. Our most valuable player is alfie and we got an offer for 15 when we wanted 20.

we have done so well last season. Domestically and in Europe. But why no flurry of bids?
Borna is injuries I think

however the rest are down to the market being non existent!

Be interesting if Ediard scores 15-20 for palace and how they then view how good Alfie really is

good point
especially talk of Patterson Borna and Alfredo leaving
Holding onto the big guns was huge .

We all went into this window expecting one of the big boys to be sold to balance books .

If Katic and Ittens wage help us keep kamara and Goldson then its good business.

Kamara especially will be value for money as he will be tied down for longer.

When I hear him talk about how he's not used to the system we are asking him to play and that might be why he's not performing, and then compare that to say Aribo where you could ask him to play any position on the pitch and get a 7/10 performance out of him, then it winds me up tbh. He's meant to be a EPL level footballer worth tens of millions depending on whose asked, yet he seemingly can't adapt to slight changes in what he's used to playing. This is a guy that played for 8 different teams in the 2.5 years between Early 2013-Mid 2015. He's been around the block a bit to put it politely. It's not as if he's used to playing under one manager for the duration of his career and set in his ways.
He's been here since June and has played 7 times so far. 7.

I get the feeling you're easily wound up.

The problem is as many have posted, these players are not easily replaced and would cost 10 million each
I wouldn't have liked to have lost any of our main players. There was a point I was concerned the Barisic rumours may have had substance, but glad they came to nothing. We have real depth now, in nearly every position, and it's looking better tonight than many seem to appreciate.

I was expecting the sale of at least one of BB, GK, AM or CG with a fraction of the money being spent on a replacement.

If they all stay and GK & CG sign new deal's with no-one coming in. I would argue that is not a bad place to be at all.

tav
Patterson
Goldson
Barisic
Kamara
Kent
Morelos
Hagi
Aribo.

The players themselves not pushing for bids and the club aren't actively trying to sell them so their agents aren't touting them to other clubs. We have knocked back in excess of 30 million for Kent, Morelos and Patterson in the last 12 months.

Amazed we haven't tried for any loan deals - surely we could have got somebody in to take the wages we are saving on Itten and Katic for the season?

I just question whether that midfield can pull us through another season - they really needed some quality help in that area but I am not sure we added that.

He's been here since June and has played 7 times so far. 7.

I get the feeling you're easily wound up.
And in 7 games he's been directly involved in us losing 2 important goals and been sent off in a vital European game. I may well be easy to wind up, but that's got to be up there with some of the worst starts of any Rangers career.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say on the matter. Apologies for bringing down the thread which should be a place for hope rather than doom and gloom.

Amazed we haven't tried for any loan deals - surely we could have got somebody in to take the wages we are saving on Itten and Katic for the season?

I just question whether that midfield can pull us through another season - they really needed some quality help in that area but I am not sure we added that.

Here's a thought, maybe give bacuna a chance to play a game and maybe Lundstram settles into our system after a few more days training with the team?

This does kinda of remind me of Walters 2 in a row season second time around.

Low key Rangers summer, not much noise and Celtic going full scatter gun in the window with a new manager and playing a new style and it all crumbles around February hopefully :D

Worried about our midfield? Really.:rolleyes:

Personally don’t think we will do loan deals again

Here's a thought, maybe give bacuna a chance to play a game and maybe Lundstram settles into our system after a few more days training with the team?

Here's a thought maybe read my post where I said I am not sure we have added quality in midfield. ;)

OK Itten needs to play to improve and he needs to improve to play for us. We have just signed a young striker for the B team who can take a bench spot. He played 30 mins the other day and is clearly too fast and athletic for the B league already we also have 3 other strikers in the B team banging goals in.

We have 1 ready made midfielder in Kelly who we can play instead of McCann who is ready to make an impact as well as 2 new signings in midfield. Keeping Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Jack and Arfield and Hagi, we don't need any more but Lowry, Lindsay and McCann in the B team are all playing extremely well also and will be pushing for a promotion.

Katic needs games. Badly. We have 4 CBs

We have managed to step up McCrorie in goals.

What I am saying is we are in good shape, we have improved the squad with new talent and talented youth and we have spent very very little whilst not disrupting a title winning team.

Know in a few days I’ll appreciate how well we done to keep all our good players but seeing them announce a last minute signing has made me well annoyed we done %^*& all today

Ah well, would of liked someone in to replace Itten but if aRoofe keeps fit we won’t need it. I think Sakala and Lundstram will come good when they’ve settled and learned our system more and I have a feeling Bacuna will be a gem.

The main thing is we kept a hold of all our biggest assets, after the Malmö game I’m sure 99% of us didn’t think that would be possible.

56, let’s go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back