Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Here is an interesting fact when looking at Brother Wilfred and his organisation.

Between 1950 and 2020 20% of all Marist priests were paedophiles.

That’s a massive percentage and truly horrific.
Have you a source for this statement or can you explain how it was calculated.
As you say it is a massive figure and if used and afterwards found to be false could undermine the campaign.

Have you a source for this statement or can you explain how it was calculated.
As you say it is a massive figure and if used and afterwards found to be false could undermine the campaign.
This link is where i saw it mate

I believe the percentage of Catholics priests who abuse is around 7% which is scary given how many there are world wide.

They have a huge problem but it’s their unwillingness to address it and make change that sickens me

I'm beginning to think Scotland is bordering on being beyond redemption with this shit. We need a Solomon Kane.
The serious problem we have is the amount of apologists within government and certain press individuals. There definitely is members of the press that also want this out, but are restricted at the moment. You will see this in the coming weeks and months.

The serious problem we have is the amount of apologists within government and certain press individuals. There definitely is members of the press that also want this out, but are restricted at the moment. You will see this in the coming weeks and months.
It doesn't help that there are perverts in power trying their hardest to normalise the sordid lusts and fancies of predators. Society is headed for a cross roads and its going to get messy.

Anyone connected to that Club, be it employee or supporter....if they had an ounce of decency...they should be ashamed of the disgraceful, absolutely staggeringly disgraceful cover up carried out by senior officials of Celtic FC.

But if any of us presented this list for them to see, we'd be shouted down for point scoring or something more ridiculous.

You guys at Spotlight are to be congratulated for your dedication and hard work in helping the victims to get the justice they deserve.

I believe the percentage of Catholics priests who abuse is around 7% which is scary given how many there are world wide.

They have a huge problem but it’s their unwillingness to address it and make change that sickens me
7% ? Aye right.:rolleyes:

Thank you

Anyone connected to that Club, be it employee or supporter....if they had an ounce of decency...they should be ashamed of the disgraceful, absolutely staggeringly disgraceful cover up carried out by senior officials of Celtic FC.

But if any of us presented this list for them to see, we'd be shouted down for point scoring or something more ridiculous.

You guys at Spotlight are to be congratulated for your dedication and hard work in helping the victims to get the justice they deserve.
That’s the most important part in your last paragraph. The victims/survivors and families have to get justice.
We’ve heard first hand what these people have gone through and how it’s affected them and their families. The very first story that I heard will live with me forever. It made me think these bastards have to be caught and face the law.
I’ve heard personal accounts, and how some to this day are still scared to come forward and speak. That is a major step.
Then as time goes on you hear more heartbreaking stories. I’ve sat alone many a time and shed a tear. Any human being would. Boys and families lives wrecked.
And the separate entity? I actually don’t understand that. Boys traveling worldwide wearing the the club colours along with officials? The list goes on.
This next bit was hard to witness. The abuse that families and victims were receiving from certain individuals on social media. Individuals actually abusing victims when the known perpetrators were already convicted. What sort of human being goes that low to cause pain? Vermin.

That’s the most important part in your last paragraph. The victims/survivors and families have to get justice.
We’ve heard first hand what these people have gone through and how it’s affected them and their families. The very first story that I heard will live with me forever. It made me think these bastards have to be caught and face the law.
I’ve heard personal accounts, and how some to this day are still scared to come forward and speak. That is a major step.
Then as time goes on you hear more heartbreaking stories. I’ve sat alone many a time and shed a tear. Any human being would. Boys and families lives wrecked.
And the separate entity? I actually don’t understand that. Boys traveling worldwide wearing the the club colours along with officials? The list goes on.
This next bit was hard to witness. The abuse that families and victims were receiving from certain individuals on social media. Individuals actually abusing victims when the known perpetrators were already convicted. What sort of human being goes that low to cause pain? Vermin.
Again I will say I really don't like post I agree with it whole heartedly and it is far far worse than singing songs but with the new Government members who will spotlight get justices

Thanks to Spotlight and the guys putting their best efforts into this, Gordon has put down 118 , yes that’s 118, power points.

Just 118 possible lines of enquiry to follow.
Meanwhile Separate Entity FC have found zero.
Someone is telling lies and it really ain’t hard to work out who.

I take my hats off to all the guys doing their best for the victims in a deeply politicised Scotland, and I really do believe the victims will get the closure they deserve.

Conscience and priorities, all those associated with Celtic FC over the last five decades really have to reflect on their actions, could I have done more ?
To be part of that institution and disregard the victims of abuse is abhorrent, this scandal is off scale and the goings on that transpired is truly sickening.
For those who have carried on regardless representing this organisation, shame on you all. You reap what you sow.

Conscience and priorities, all those associated with Celtic FC over the last five decades really have to reflect on their actions, could I have done more ?
To be part of that institution and disregard the victims of abuse is abhorrent, this scandal is off scale and the goings on that transpired is truly sickening.
For those who have carried on regardless representing this organisation, shame on you all. You reap what you sow.

You’ve been in here over the long term with us Huck, and the biggest disappointment is THE NUMBER of Celtic EMPLOYEES who were aware of this issue.

And did nothing. They have blood on their hands.

IMO the Spotlight list of 118 incidents is shocking

The SMSM reluctance to highlight this vile infrastructure is beyond acceptable

Any “professional” member of the mhedia ignoring these incidents is a disgrace

Scotland’s justice looks corrupt and the UK Govt should be sending in independent investigators and shut this paedo club down

The list of paedo scum associated with this club is a disgrace

Shagging young boys over 50 years is unreal

The SFA are corrupt and involved too

It does get frustrating sometimes but we will continue until it’s all out in the open. The world has to see what went on and how big it actually is.
You face such challenges as well ....like police advising Kevin Kelly to NOT give interviews and play up the dementia angle. You also face opposition from SNP, and the pretend parliament in general. Best of luck to you.

A US investigation found that between 1890 and 1990 around 5-7% of ALL RC priests that had served had abused children. Can you imagine the horror of that?

Last paragraph, name and shame.

Hoping the fact you have highlighted why Martin Henry should not have been involved in the SFA report, means you have looked into the process of who was involved in appointing him.

If Henry volunteered himself then his motives need to be questioned, and if someone else appointed him they should be made to explain themselves as to how and why he was appointed.

I think it’s far from coincidence that as the evidence Spotlight has gathered and the momentum to achieve justice and cast light on these crimes mounts so the “ antii Irish Catholic racism is rife in Scotland“ rhetoric from those who would protect the perpetrators increases.
Many see their ramping up this lie as solely a politically motivated attack on “Unionism”, but I believe it also serves to send a message to the media, ”if you run this story we’ll paint you as vile,sectarian, anti Irish Catholic bigots”.

Last edited:
I think it’s far from coincidence that, as the evidence Spotlight has gathered and the momentum to achieve justice and cast light on these crimes mounts so the “ antii Irish Catholic racism is rife in Scotland“ rhetoric from those who would protect the perpetrators increases.
Many see their ramping up this lie as solely a politically motivated attack on “Unionism”, but I believe it also serves to send a message to the media, ”if you run this story we’ll paint you as vile,sectarian, anti Irish Catholic bigots”.
Take James Dornan. He KNOWS about this abuse and is more concerned about a comedy chant aimed at his club. His moral choice has been to ignore the abuse.

I think it’s far from coincidence that, as the evidence Spotlight has gathered and the momentum to achieve justice and cast light on these crimes mounts so the “ antii Irish Catholic racism is rife in Scotland“ rhetoric from those who would protect the perpetrators increases.
Wish someone with a high profile would stand up and ask why they are banging on about songs being sung when there is 50 years of child abuse at one club still to be addressed.

For all we know this crap could still be going on at the scum club

Back