Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

The passageway i think where the 2 sets of fans met and looks like we had nearly the whole of the North Enclosure I was in the North Stand therefore could not see the enclosure below
The ‘dividing line’ would normally have been directly below the Queens Park shield so you can see how big the Rangers support was in the north enclosure. It was the same in the schoolboy enclosure as well, as you can see in the photos after a Rangers goal in Playing for Rangers No5.

The ‘dividing line’ would normally have been directly below the Queens Park shield so you can see how big the Rangers support was in the north enclosure. It was the same in the schoolboy enclosure as well, as you can see in the photos after a Rangers goal in Playing for Rangers No5.
With the traditional Celtic end holding more than our end they had to compensate by giving us more tickets in the North & South areas of the ground.

With the traditional Celtic end holding more than our end they had to compensate by giving us more tickets in the North & South areas of the ground.
I knew that but the north enclosure was usually like 55/45 but not like the pic it looks more like70/30 and we always got almost the south enclosure and about 70/30 in the main stand and north stand

0c36502764ea27683527a819efe5ac6b.jpg

f76074f72c2f8d500a44d8d9b5723cc2.jpg

1ec3d72227c3034e705bda475c5e62c4.jpg

71c340ef3c62080c32ca57ce49debd4a.jpg

Love this!
A great picture of a magnificent player. I have to confess I don’t recall that top but it’s an absolute cracker.

As an aside there was a pic of the squad topless on the FF FB page recently taken in 1997 iirc. I was wondering if anyone could share more info on it. Like it it was the 97/98 squad where were the Italians, etc or was it taken in season 96/97. I assumed most squad pics were taken at the start of the season or was it an unofficial one? I had fun trying to recall the players, I was 12/13 at the time.

I knew that but the north enclosure was usually like 55/45 but not like the pic it looks more like70/30 and we always got almost the south enclosure and about 70/30 in the main stand and north stand
I believe the old rattler end at Hampden could hold 60k as opposed to our end which capacity was 41k so you are correct there was a disparity in our favour for other parts of the ground.

Just once yes, away to Grasshoppers in the Champions League I think. Beat 3-0 if memory serves me right.

Cracking top, wasn't released for public sale.
I was about 8 years old at that Point! I remember the games against ajax and juve vividly as being a young kid I couldn't understand how we were almost invincible in Scotland yet get thumped by the likes of these teams, thanks!

I was about 8 years old at that Point! I remember the games against ajax and juve vividly as being a young kid I couldn't understand how we were almost invincible in Scotland yet get thumped by the likes of these teams, thanks!
No problem, think I was 11 at that point so was used to seeing us win everything.

This was same season as Ajax, Grasshoppers away was first game and we qualified by beating the Russian Champions 7-2 away (10-3 aggregate) so that result was a shock to me.

Alania vladikavkaz I'm sure they were, I checked up on them years later and they're still going albeit a few divisions below the Russian top tier!
No problem, think I was 11 at that point so was used to seeing us win everything.

This was same season as Ajax, Grasshoppers away was first game and we qualified by beating the Russian Champions 7-2 away (10-3 aggregate) so that result was a shock to me.

Morton in the SC sf at The Piggery,
I had moved to Canada at the end of the previous season and planned my trip home in 1981 around us getting to the Cup Final. This game was the last hurdle but we got there by 2-1 I think after suffering a scare against St Johnstone in an earlier round when we came from 1-3 down at Muirton park to take it to a replay at Ibrox. Dundee United 0-0 in the final followed by Coop and Bobby Russell tearing them apart as we ran out 4-1 winners in the replay!

I had moved to Canada at the end of the previous season and planned my trip home in 1981 around us getting to the Cup Final. This game was the last hurdle but we got there by 2-1 I think after suffering a scare against St Johnstone in an earlier round when we came from 1-3 down at Muirton park to take it to a replay at Ibrox. Dundee United 0-0 in the final followed by Coop and Bobby Russell tearing them apart as we ran out 4-1 winners in the replay!
My first and only time in the Jungle.
IIRC lots of Bears had taken along cans of spray paint to help improve the place:)):));)

Back