Dom McKay leaves Celtic

I have never been ITK but below is information I received this evening from a bullet proof source - make of it what you will. FYI it has been slightly censored to avoid identities being revealed for obvious commercial reasons and I note it's vagueness. I have PM'd Mark my source,

'It turns out Dom Mckay is wanting to litigate against Celtic for some reason (no idea on the specifics) he is seeking advice from Axiom Advocates but many within the set haven't yet been briefed on the reason why. So I don’t buy the “personal reasons” pish, Axiom are not cheap, he's clearly unhappy about something'

It should be noted that instructing an Advocate is expensive even for guidance or correspondence, I suspect any issue may well be settled behind closed doors to avoid another shark like disaster, however what is pertinent is that all is not rosy in the stadium of secrets.
He’s been sacked that for me is clear.

nda signed or no payout. He’s likely been put on gardening leave

my hunch is he hasn’t tied the party line re the separate entity bullshit

they have thrn placed the most catholic person they can find in charge who will die to protect their shameful acts

He’s been sacked that for me is clear.

nda signed or no payout. He’s likely been put on gardening leave

my hunch is he hasn’t tied the party line re the separate entity bullshit

they have thrn placed the most catholic person they can find in charge who will die to protect their shameful acts
I don’t buy that he was sacked just for not being up to the job. Why do it immediately after the transfer window before there’s time to judge the quality of the transfers.

Also the length of time they stuck with Lennon when it was clear he wasn’t up to it, you’d think he’d have got more time

I have a large collection of butt-plugs…

Celtic-fans-release-banner-comparing-club-CEO-Peter-Lawwell-to-Saddam-Husseins-propaganda-minister-scaled.jpg

Colonel Stade de Gaddafi??

Haven't really been keeping up with the story but Ange had an interview the other day where he said something about family reasons and that should be respected. He also said something peculiar about the narrative of who brought him to Celtic though so who knows.

It does seem strange that the same board kept Lennon in place for months yet pulled the trigger on McKay after only 2 months.

Maybe he didn't like what he found under the carpets and maybe he didn't like the people he has found out are doing the sweep sweep. Would he want to be the one at the helm with what is coming?

Maybe he didn't like what he found under the carpets and maybe he didn't like the people he has found out are doing the sweep sweep. Would he want to be the one at the helm with what is coming?
It’s looking pretty clear it wasn’t his decision to go, so it’s likely he did want to remain at the helm.

Certainly something untoward, he was brought in primarily to modernise the club, Lawwell, both Strachans and Kennedy plus the old board are still hanging around like a bad smell, and no progress has been made. Even the more sensible in their support are saying the squad is paper thin, and the three they sold haven’t been improved on, in fact the opposite. The filth are also claiming that Desmond was unhappy with the transfer dealings, and that they got nowhere near the £15m being reported fir Edouard.

I don’t buy that he was sacked just for not being up to the job. Why do it immediately after the transfer window before there’s time to judge the quality of the transfers.

Also the length of time they stuck with Lennon when it was clear he wasn’t up to it, you’d think he’d have got more time
You'd think that them signing guys for a couple of million who are valued at £30m ten days later would mean you'd want to keep the guy in charge who was responsible?

Maybe they just don't know when to stop lying.

Still can't believe that mob haven't chased lawwell out of the club. Guy's a totalitarian dickhead.

Haven't really been keeping up with the story but Ange had an interview the other day where he said something about family reasons and that should be respected. He also said something peculiar about the narrative of who brought him to Celtic though so who knows.

It does seem strange that the same board kept Lennon in place for months yet pulled the trigger on McKay after only 2 months.
Im guessing that was his way of saying McKay didnt have anything to do with him being appointed as Manager therefore McKay leaving makes no difference to Angeball.

"Listen Mate, Im a Football Manager not an Employment Dispute Resolution Manager.

Would be surprised if it’s not a combination of

A. PL still calling all the shots behind the scenes and McKay not being given the freedom and backing to implement the changes needed

B. McKay not liking what he has seen in terms of the cover up and court cases. Anyone with any integrity would walk away so maybe that is exactly what he has done.

Exactly what I was thinking mate.

People in those positions and background who can pick up a job easily tend to walk if the tenure is that short.

It won’t be performance - guy hasn’t even completed his 90 day plan I bet.

It will either be truly personal issues or, they have a complete impasse on something sensitive and both feel wronged.

I don’t believe the family illness tale, why alert the stock market on a Friday evening? It could have waited until Monday.
It can’t be performance related as he hasn’t finished his stretches before he was out the door!
So it’s skullduggery, as always with that lot. Either Dom has realised, and doesn’t like being the patsy, or they don’t like him as he isn’t willing to lie to cover up their despicable past.
I suspect the he realised he was on a loser the day he was given the press release that said “they had sold hunners more than Rangers.” on season tickets, when he was receiving dozens of emails demanding refunds hourly.

There is an article on The Athletic which basically says:

1) Their board blocked him from trying to appoint a DoF
2) The appointment of Strachan, against his wishes, undermined his authority
3) Everyone and their mother (including Liewell, DD, DD's son and several others) were sticking their noses in to transfers and contacting agents etc.

He was quite understandably pissed off at being undermined and not having any autonomy and just said "%^*& this".

There is a token mention of their board apparently being "unimpressed" by him but clearly the article writer does not place any stock in this bit of PR.

*edit* the article fails to mention the obvious elephant in the room of the CSA court cases last week and the current and future civil cases

3) Everyone and their mother (including Liewell, DD, DD's son and several others) were sticking their noses in to transfers and contacting agents etc.

He was quite understandably pissed off at being undermined and not having any autonomy and just said "%^*& this".

There is a token mention of their board apparently being "unimpressed" by him but clearly the article writer does not place any stock in this bit of PR.

*edit* the article fails to mention the obvious elephant in the room of the CSA court cases last week and the current and future civil cases
This seems much closer to the truth

Reactions: fmp
I don’t believe the family illness tale, why alert the stock market on a Friday evening? It could have waited until Monday.
It can’t be performance related as he hasn’t finished his stretches before he was out the door!
So it’s skullduggery, as always with that lot. Either Dom has realised, and doesn’t like being the patsy, or they don’t like him as he isn’t willing to lie to cover up their despicable past.
I suspect the he realised he was on a loser the day he was given the press release that said “they had sold hunners more than Rangers.” on season tickets, when he was receiving dozens of emails demanding refunds hourly.
There are no "personal circumstances" other than him realising he had made a massive mistake. He negotiated a golden handshake on condition that he signed an NDA.

Reactions: TQ3
If he was fired there would need to be a Board meeting and a vote taken. This would need to be recorded including a written proposal to remove him and the voting result.

I believe he just was pissed off at not being able to be his own man or was sickened with the child abuse situation.

Still can't believe that mob haven't chased lawwell out of the club. Guy's a totalitarian dickhead.
Do you think McKay was calling all the shots on transfers,or indeed at all. I don't think so for one minute and I'm sure Lawwell is lurking in the background,probably to get out of the road of the flak. He hasn't been there long enough to get those players in,given he only came in in July.

Would be surprised if it’s not a combination of

A. PL still calling all the shots behind the scenes and McKay not being given the freedom and backing to implement the changes needed

B. McKay not liking what he has seen in terms of the cover up and court cases. Anyone with any integrity would walk away so maybe that is exactly what he has done.
McKay has been a Celtic fan and ST holder for many years, he knew there was a huge pile under the carpet.

I have never been ITK but below is information I received this evening from a bullet proof source - make of it what you will. FYI it has been slightly censored to avoid identities being revealed for obvious commercial reasons and I note it's vagueness. I have PM'd Mark my source,

'It turns out Dom Mckay is wanting to litigate against Celtic for some reason (no idea on the specifics) he is seeking advice from Axiom Advocates but many within the set haven't yet been briefed on the reason why. So I don’t buy the “personal reasons” pish, Axiom are not cheap, he's clearly unhappy about something'

It should be noted that instructing an Advocate is expensive even for guidance or correspondence, I suspect any issue may well be settled behind closed doors to avoid another shark like disaster, however what is pertinent is that all is not rosy in the stadium of secrets.
Mmm, interesting.

Some heavy hitters in that stable including the current Dean and our old friend and legal advisor Richard Keen who is regarded as being one of the best legal brains in the country.

If true then I’m guessing it’ll be one of the more established names that he’ll be looking to represent him.

Mmm, interesting.

Some heavy hitters in that stable including the current Dean and our old friend and legal advisor Richard Keen who is regarded as being one of the best legal brains in the country.

If true then I’m guessing it’ll be one of the more established names that he’ll be looking to represent him.
Put it this way, if I was looking for an Advocate then I'd be telling my solicitor to speak to this stable and get me Roddy Dunlop.

From all I’ve read and heard he is a celtc fan although was probably more the rugby going type. Celtc have dealt with him at various times to do with Murrayfield etc too so his demeanour wouldn’t have been a surprise to anybody. The fact he resigned when Strachan was given the go ahead lends weight to him being undermined when he wanted to put a structure in. The more people like a proper DOF they bring in, the less control Desmond would have and he won’t have that. A DOF won’t be coming in to be told what to do by a shareholder either.

Sounds like Dom has been doing his own bit of off the record briefing

Reactions: fmp
Friday is a good time to release that sort of info as by the time the Stock Market re-opens on Monday things will have settled down a bit and you won't get the same volatility in prices as you might otherwise

In my opinion .....

DD calls the shots and always has. Lawwell is DD's guy so he retained all his influence. McKay probably found that he was CEO in name but not in practice and that wasn't the gig he had signed up for. So he walked.
My opinion varies slightly, in that I think Lawwell was kept on to determine if McKay was going to 'toe the line' before being handed full control (and full access to all the the closets). His lengthy 'handover' and first couple of months in the job obviously provided the answer. Think it probably became clear that he wasn't 'trustworthy' enough (ie had too much integrity), so he was axed. DD needs someone as loyal as Lawwell. There's too much shulduggery at work over there that could lead straight back to their doors, to allow an unknown entity with questionable morals and intent to take the reins completely.

It's a real problem for them and a real threat. Will be interesting to see who they bring in next. A known entity that they already trust. Or another unknown clean face that they hope to groom with the risks inherent with it.

Last edited:
My opinion varies slightly, in that I think Lawwell was kept on to determine if McKay was going to 'toe the line' before being handed full control (and full access) to all the the closets. His lengthy 'handover' and first couple of months in the job obviously provided the answer. Think it probably became clear that he wasn't 'trustworthy' enough (ie had too much integrity), so he was axed. DD needs someone as loyal as Lawwell. There's too much shulduggery at work over there that could lead straight back to their doors, to allow an unknown entity with questionable morals and intent to take the reigns completely.

It's a real problem for them and a real threat. Will be interesting to see who they bring in next. A known entity that they already trust. Or another unknown clean face that they hope to groom with the risks inherent with it.
Nicholson, the 'acting CEO and pal of DD and PL will keep the position.

Music to my ears.

They're running their club like a bygone relic from decades ago and all that spare capacity they had, where they could run their club like rank amateurs from a drinking club and stroll to success, is gone.

Their successful team is all but gone, their successful managers are gone, their new manager is some guy from Australia that got the job after drinks with the rest of the City Group, their coaching staff is literally the same as last year, the owners are running about actively sabotaging any sort of modernisation effort and their "recruitment team" is comprised of the luddite Strachan, Pistol Pete, the owners son and a bunch of agents who want a payday.

Superb.

My opinion varies slightly, in that I think Lawwell was kept on to determine if McKay was going to 'toe the line' before being handed full control (and full access) to all the the closets. His lengthy 'handover' and first couple of months in the job obviously provided the answer. Think it probably became clear that he wasn't 'trustworthy' enough (ie had too much integrity), so he was axed. DD needs someone as loyal as Lawwell. There's too much shulduggery at work over there that could lead straight back to their doors, to allow an unknown entity with questionable morals and intent to take the reins completely.

Good comment. Bankier's comment about the new guy being a 'team player' might imply that McKay wasn't. Or, to put it another way, wasn't on DD's team.

Posted at the time of his appointment that I knew him, and that I felt he was too “nice” for that job there. He’s by no means a rabid. Celtic are his team of course, but he’s fairly level headed and not at all poisoned like many.
He's still scum knew what went on there with kids but still happy to support them & take a job there absolute scum like the rest of them , level head my arse another one who didn't mention child rape put blanked that to take a job there , & the crap he gave at his 1st media showing calling us the noisy neighbours or something he's a enabler like the rest .

Back