Match Thread ** St Johnstone v Rangers - 19:45 27th Feb - BT Sports **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
IRCdHPi.png

Just keep winning. That's what good Rangers teams do.

And we all hope this is finally a good Rangers team.

Fingers crossed re weather, I want the momentum to continue. Game after game just keep going and believing.

55 is on its way, it’s in the stars. We just need to go game by game.

They will drop points when least expected we just need to do what we know we have to do and that’s keep winning.

As long as Docherty has fully recovered then I can't see there being any changes to our line up and nor should there be.

I fancy an entertaining performance and a 3-0 win.

Full 55 seater Clarkston bus leaving at 4.30.

Keep the momentum going Gers.

Hope the game goes ahead.
If so should be a very decent game like Saturdays match.
Take our chances and we will win comfortably by a few goals.
Keeps the players confidence high and hopefully same again on Sunday.
Then we will be in great shape to take on the " Beasts from the East" ;)

If the rumours of Jons in injury is true enough then maybe change things up with a back 3.

Fod

Bates. Alves Martin

Goss. Docherty

Tav. Murphy

Windass

Morelos. Cummings

If the rumours of Jons in injury is true enough then maybe change things up with a back 3.

Fod

Bates. Alves Martin

Goss. Docherty

Tav. Murphy

Windass

Morelos. Cummings

Thankfully unlike you, the manager wont drop Saturdays man of the match.

He'll do the sensible thing and keep changes to a minimum and bring in either Wallace or Halliday at left back, rather than disrupt the whole formation.

Thankfully unlike you, the manager wont drop Saturdays man of the match.

He'll do the sensible thing and keep changes to a minimum and bring in either Wallace or Halliday at left back, rather than disrupt the whole formation.
How can you think Halliday at left back is a viable option? If he comes in and does a shift then I will eat my words but he’s played a handful of games all season and out of position not ideal for me.
Wallace has been out for 5 months we can’t just throw him in risking an injury an leaving nothing for the old firm game.
I think we all agree Hodson shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

How can you think Halliday at left back is a viable option? If he comes in and does a shift then I will eat my words but he’s played a handful of games all season and out of position not ideal for me.
Wallace has been out for 5 months we can’t just throw him in risking an injury an leaving nothing for the old firm game.
I think we all agree Hodson shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

Halliday is a far better option at left back as opposed to dropping Candeias, breaking up the partnership that has numerous goals and multiple assists to their namethis season.

Our front 4 look like scoring every time we go forward just now, so I wouldn't be tampering with the formation.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow what the manager decides mate.

Reactions: M@x
Halliday is a far better option at left back as opposed to dropping Candeias, breaking up the partnership that has numerous goals and multiple assists to their namethis season.

Our front 4 look like scoring every time we go forward just now, so I wouldn't be tampering with the formation.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow what the manager decides mate.
I do understand your thinking mate.
But I just think that aside form the hearts game, although we have been excellent going forward we looked a bit lax at the back.
Like you said see what the Gaffer has planned for tomorrow. As long as it’s 3 points I’m not caring.

Hopefully our games ok ,we must win obviously,.. then the Tim's games hopefully off , we could possibly get it down to 3 points before they play again. It's all ifs buts and maybes but you never know I want their games to start mounting up.

Just checked the weather for
PH1 2SJ.

20% chance of rain at kick off, temperature 0 degrees.

No danger.

This games going ahead Bears.

The sudden stratospheric warming has caused the jet stream to bypass Perth.

Kinnoul Hill as a dusting of snow on it. But nothing to suggest the game would be off........yet.

Fingers crossed we get to bag 3 points then the dhims game is called off and they get another awkward fixture to slip into their schedule.

Think Cummings might start as well, but more than likely he plays v Falkirk

Halliday will be in for an hour or so max and Wallace can get his fitness built up ahead of the Timmy game.

Fingers crossed there isn't a dump of snow in the Perth area today and the game goes ahead as planned. Looks like the worst of the weather is for tomorrow and Thursday so should be ok.

Snow as we talk,but nothing heavy YET,thats going to cancel the game hopefully.
3-1 to the Glasgow Rangers

This has got banana skin written all over it for Rangers, they usually raise their game no end when they play us, to be fair they were outstanding against the mhanks recently too.

Why are folk dropping Candeias? Have they even been watching our games ? Madness!!

This place is full of very strange eggs mate. Some of them stranger than others.... I have an itchy nose at times.

Not suggesting anything.... just an itchy schnozzle durranti.

The difficult part of being a manger is maintaining continuity in the team, but also keeping fringe players match fit and I don't think he has managed that with the fringe players who have all been given little game time, we have John out injured and the players who will replace him have not had enough game time.
This is not a criticism of Murty just saying how difficult it is to have a settled team and keep your fringe players match fit.

Good point Ian. The sharpness you get with games is incredible.... it hones your instinct and can be the difference of Mili seconds of reaction time. Invaluable with the pace of our game today.

Back