Kerryfail Meltdown - Yes, they are nutjobs!

There was a voice note supposedly from Mulgrew which has been deleted but this is the gist of it from Keeryfail:

Mulgrew voice note: Bankier pulled DM aside and said ‘we’ve spent enough. No more money going out’. DM does the Juranovic deal anyway, Bankier greets to DD, DD tells DM that Ange answers to DM and DM answers to IB and IB answers to DD, and to get with the program. DM rails against that and chucks it.

Also From Kerryfail:

“Graham Spiers podcast with Alisson McConnell and Hary Brady was interesting. Main points:

DD got rid of McKay because he couldn't take to him, seemingly on a personal level. (Shareholder with 34% calling all the shots again)

McKay struggled with the football 'world' of agents and negotiations over the summer ( did we expect anything different coming from a rugby background and does this not just highlight it shouldve been a DOF/Head of recruitment doing this anyway).

After Midjityland and Ange's comments DD became much more hands on. Ange was allowed to have his agent do most of the deals hence the late flurry of players. (Anyone know who Ange's agent is)

This was only possible because Ange is very close to DD and basically has a direct line to him.

A shake up at board level is expected as board is seen as too male and stale.

Overall, if this is the club getting 'their' side of the story out re McKay. I find the way he has been treated shocking and the reasons for his binning pretty weak at best.”
I just don't get this obsession by Bears referring to the Pape's manager by his first name.
Do they think ANY of the Pape supporters refer to our manager as 'Steven' ?

To be fair there’s nothing wrong with posting that an xG/xPoints table, it’s a valid stat.
Its a valid stat when based on a sensible sample size. If you look at xG in the EPL for example then Wolverhampton Wanderers, currently 13th with just 3 points, would be sitting 4th based upon either of xG or xPts. Leicester City and Leeds United would be in a relegation 'battle'. The sample size, for now, is too small to be meaningful.

Add that to the trophy cabinet along with "played quite good against Rangers for 30 minutes", "Laxalt most tackles in Scotland" and "Ralston shouted loads at Neymar" trophy.
Don’t forget; ‘wee hud aw the pozzesshun anaw’ - the tramp bastards know absolutely fook all about tactics - do they not realise how we set up to allow them that posession.

Add that to the trophy cabinet along with "played quite good against Rangers for 30 minutes", "Laxalt most tackles in Scotland" and "Ralston shouted loads at Neymar" trophy.
And how do you get .2 or ,9 of an expected point.

I get the xG stuff that is massively overplayed (just tells you what you observed, e.g. “home team had better chances”) but tenths of a point makes no sense. Surely you are expected to get zero, one or three points.

Horse shit.

Does it take into account the fact they have played 3 of the worst teams in the league at home?

Pretty sure our 'xg' would be a fair bit higher had we played similar teams at home.
It probably does take in to account the opposition but it is an estimate based on other estimates and so much less useful than a directly measurable stat. One major thing it fails to take account of is that Rangers field teams full of experienced Champions who know how to get the job done.

Does it take into account the fact they have played 3 of the worst teams in the league at home?

Pretty sure our 'xg' would be a fair bit higher had we played similar teams at home.

We've played the bottom two in the league and they've been away to us and Hearts not sure that's the best line of attack against the table.

As I noted above, it's a ridiculously small sample set, so not much if anything can be taken from it. My point was in relation to those writing of xG as an irrelevant stat.

Back