The Sun exploiting death of a young man to score points against Rangers

My preference too would be to ban all links to The Sun and The Daily Record on this forum.

The exception would be where admin could post a link if they consider it in the general interest to do so.

If we must see the output of these scum papers at all, then preferably only in cut and paste format, or images as with Mark's Hotline and daily back page newspaper posts. No revenue generating links!
Agree G . would only say there are many more titles that deserve the same treatment too .

Despicable scum just can't help themselves.
Mind you, you could argue that modern day SNP Scotland gets the mhedia it deserves...

Secret scientific research conducted at Oxford university in the late 80's suggests an introduction of rat and snake DNA into a human embryo combines to produce an utterly detestable personality with absolutely no morals or scruples and aversion to cleanliness it is believed most of the hybrids were given jobs at the Record and Sun, the tabloid's refused comment.

Their reportage of the death of Aidan Pilkington needlessly highlights on their front page his former employment by Rangers.

In recent days we have also seen -

- linking Rangers to a sex attack when the club haven't been contacted by the police.

- using Dap Mebude who is no longer associated with Rangers and the deliberate use of a Steven Gerrard picture.

Gill Smith the Sun editor - Gill.Smith@the-sun.co.uk

James McIvor digital Editor - https://twitter.com/jmcivor5

Is this the sort of responsible and accurate reporting their correspondent Kenny MacDonald was calling for on Sunday?

Our board will say and do NOTHING

Their reportage of the death of Aidan Pilkington needlessly highlights on their front page his former employment by Rangers.

- linking Rangers to a sex attack when the club haven't been contacted by the police.

- using Dap Mebude who is no longer associated with Rangers and the deliberate use of a Steven Gerrard picture.

Is this the sort of responsible and accurate reporting their correspondent Kenny MacDonald was calling for on Sunday?

Jesus h Christ, where do you start with this?, Starts off having a dig at "Gerro", moves onto the club itself and moans about fan media using terms like 'we' giving the game away as to not being impartial. His quote about 'truth dies in silence', is that why the ahem...serious minded don't like to talk of the world's worst sporting scandal?

The mentally challengeds refusing to allow talk of this on their forum is a strange decision. Fucking massive carpet that.

The gutter Rhag is also attempting to link the club to a rape.
If an attack happened in the Forge at Parkhead on the day of a Celtic home game would they have linked it to Celtic fans ?

If an attack happened in the Forge at Parkhead on the day of a Celtic home game would they have linked it to Celtic fans ?

I checked - the police have not contacted the police about this.

The mhedia don't even try to link Celtic to crimes that happened in Celtic Park and Celtic facilities since the 60s... doubt they will link them to a scene half a mile away

Daily Mail online are at the same game.

Utter arseholes.

Celtic starlet Ciaran Dickson, 19, was taken into custody after 18-year-old Aidan Pilkington (pictured) was hit by a car on Crow Road, Glasgow, in the early hours of Saturday morning. Aidan was found seriously injured on the side of the road and rushed to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital at 12.20am but could not be saved. Dickson, who plays for the Celtic B team, was arrested on Sunday before being released pending an investigation and, following a police appeal, a car was traced yesterday. The midfielder, from Erskine in Renfrewshire, made his debut for Rangers last season and awarded a three-year deal in January.

I've made a complaint to Ipso and would urge Everyone to do the same as, there's no point moaning on here but doing nothing yourself.
Well done mate .

the most important thing of all though imo is to not buy , not click , not share any of these red top scum sheets .
mirror group , Mail group , express group , news international all in the same business with there trash trash trash

Why mention us at all?He was released so no longer a Rangers player.Absolutely nothing to do with us.
It says ex, making the same point as you?. Im far from a fan of the red tops but they can write it if it’s factual.
As others have said, there’s no need for our name but it sells papers.

This was another piece.

Note

Naismith was a silent partner/investor (1 of 3 investors). He was never hands on and cooking the pizzas.

According to Stewarton residents the other 2 were full hands on and involved in the daily running of it - and it struggled.

This place opened about 2 years ago, long after Naismith left us.

And, (maybe just gossip) Naismith ended up paying some staff wages out of his own pocket.
But “Hearts coach” doesn’t get the clicks!

Daily Mail online are at the same game.

Utter arseholes.

Celtic starlet Ciaran Dickson, 19, was taken into custody after 18-year-old Aidan Pilkington (pictured) was hit by a car on Crow Road, Glasgow, in the early hours of Saturday morning. Aidan was found seriously injured on the side of the road and rushed to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital at 12.20am but could not be saved. Dickson, who plays for the Celtic B team, was arrested on Sunday before being released pending an investigation and, following a police appeal, a car was traced yesterday. The midfielder, from Erskine in Renfrewshire, made his debut for Rangers last season and awarded a three-year deal in January.

See I dont think that's as bad as the Sun. He was with us so it's always going to get mentioned.

People need to complain to the press authorities, I'm not sure if the club will. They may want to stay well out of it while it's a criminal matter.

Mark have you not highlighted this to the club ? Surely they must be as raging about this as us ? Because it certainly doesnt look or feel like it

Once again. Rangers should employ a professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies by the media and others. Name and shame the bigots.

Failure to do so allows them to attack us day after day.

I've made a complaint to Ipso and would urge Everyone to do the same as, there's no point moaning on here but doing nothing yourself.

Good luck with that. They just dismiss individual complaints and carry on as normal.

Rangers have the power to deal with this but dont bother.

Good luck with that. They just dismiss individual complaints and carry on as normal.

Rangers have the power to deal with this but dont bother.

What can Rangers do in this instance? The headline is factually correct. We can challenge it, issue a newspaper ban but it doesn't stop a headline or article.

The biggest action can be taken by the support. Stop buying, clicking and write to advertisers.

I agree on the professional researcher. The Club should have had a media team in place for this years ago.

Self entitlement in that piece by Macdonald is quite something although pretty sure Gerrard doesn't speak to the Sun anyway with his Liverpool connection.

What can Rangers do in this instance? The headline is factually correct. We can challenge it, issue a newspaper ban but it doesn't stop a headline or article.

The biggest action can be taken by the support. Stop buying, clicking and write to advertisers.

I agree on the professional researcher. The Club should have had a media team in place for this years ago.

Highlighting one off articles like this is a waste of time but gathering evidence of hundreds and thousands of such incidents is much more difficult to ignore.

The evidence is overwhelming but its allowed to just slip away into the distance.

Angela Haggerty spoke about Rangers fans singing the so called Famine Song. A number of people have been arrested and charged so no one should be discussing this. She should be charged for this but instead Stewart Robertson piles in with life time bans.

The only way the club stops this is by threatening legal action when it happens.

Where Rangers are of no relevance to the story, then it shouldn't be brought into it.

If I went out in the street, called someone a racist slur and stuck the head in them, would it get mentioned that I'm a fan of marvel movies, and am an ex-tesco employee. Of course it wouldn't. Neither point has any relevance to the story. They find out I'm a Rangers fan though, guess what...

Whenever Rangers are involved, the "journalists" fall over themselves to stick that in there.

The club would have to challenge these instances, and threaten to sue for reputational damage, to make any headway.

The only way the club stops this is by threatening legal action when it happens.

Where Rangers are of no relevance to the story, then it shouldn't be brought into it.

If I went out in the street, called someone a racist slur and stuck the head in them, would it get mentioned that I'm a fan of marvel movies, and am an ex-tesco employee. Of course it wouldn't. Neither point has any relevance to the story. They find out I'm a Rangers fan though, guess what...

Whenever Rangers are involved, the "journalists" fall over themselves to stick that in there.

The club would have to challenge these instances, and threaten to sue for reputational damage, to make any headway.

Why not employ someone to gather evidence of these "factually correct" instances and publish the stats showing how often this happens when Rangers can be linked to negative stories? Compare and contrast this with other such situations where no mention is made of Celtic such as the recent fight outside an Irish bar when no mention was made of who was fighting. Name the journalists and editors and expose their bigotry.

Remember phoning sun to them the kris Boyd story they printed was a lie ( he was leaving )
they said they don't print lies
my reply was story about how they lied about Liverpool fans
and reply i got was told to f..k off

If only we had a fans body that could fight this kind of thing.

and I don’t mean heart and hand

Reactions: Jeb
To be honest I just can’t get particularly emotive about the reporting of him as an exRangers player or a Celtic player or whatever on this one.

This happened around the corner from me. The boy went to my school, albeit I don’t know him from Adam and I have long since left the school. I do have friends that know the family well.

The human tragedy is far greater here and of main concern rather that whatever guff the rags are printing.

I honestly don’t think a thread about what Rangers should do about the reporting of this case adds any value. Just my opinion though.

Back