The Sun exploiting death of a young man to score points against Rangers

To be honest I just can’t get particularly emotive about the reporting of him as an exRangers player or a Celtic player or whatever on this one.

This happened around the corner from me. The boy went to my school, albeit I don’t know him from Adam and I have long since left the school. I do have friends that know the family well.

The human tragedy is far greater here and of main concern rather that whatever guff the rags are printing.

I honestly don’t think a thread about what Rangers should do about the reporting of this case adds any value. Just my opinion though.
The point here is they have mentioned Rangers . Notwithstanding he is a Celtic player, the headline shouldn't have mentioned his club at all

Remember phoning sun to them the kris Boyd story they printed was a lie ( he was leaving )
they said they don't print lies
my reply was story about how they lied about Liverpool fans
and reply i got was told to f..k off

At least you tried and it sounds like you hit a raw nerve.

Once again. Rangers should employ a professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies by the media and others. Name and shame the bigots.

Failure to do so allows them to attack us day after day.

I was once of the impression when we hired the guy from norn iron who was in the DUP that he was equipped to deal with this type of shit.
Obviously not.

E-vyb9tXMAIobFr

The funny thing is, the more they do this, the weaker they become morally and commercially, and the stronger and more unified we become.

Unless it's a personal attack on Stewart Robertson the club tend to do %^*& all.
Nonsense! The club can’t chase every name caller, but be in no doubt they are all over the Sun’s headline this morning. It never ceases to amaze me that folk don’t trust our Board to look after our Club’s best interests and to get tough as required. Plenty public examples not hard to find, and clearly they can’t shout about ongoing legal actions from the roof tops. Keep the faith.

Too many people want to be offended.

People have every right to be interested by how this is reported.
The passer-by sees the Ex-Get headline

The vastly smaller number that actually read the article find out he currently plays for them

Put it this way, if Mo Johnston or Alfie Comm committed a crime, would the headline describe him as an ex-celt?

The passer-by sees the Ex-Get headline

The vastly smaller number that actually read the article find out he currently plays for them

Put it this way, if Mo Johnston or Alfie Comm committed a crime, would the headline describe him as an ex-celt?

Ex Ger was a sub title, it said Celtic in the massive headline. This whole debate is utterly pathetic.

There was no feasible reason to use that sub title.
They could have used that information in the body of the story if they so wished.

I've more to be worried about, he played for us and we are a big deal. The headline stated who he plays for.

Who cares, seriously? The people trying to spin it with half photos of front pages are as bad as the papers they claim to hate.

I've more to be worried about, he played for us and we are a big deal. The headline stated who he plays for.

Who cares, seriously? The people trying to spin it with half photos of front pages are as bad as the papers they claim to hate.

In a one off situation you would probably be correct but it is not "one off" it's incessant from the press and media.

Remember phoning sun to them the kris Boyd story they printed was a lie ( he was leaving )
they said they don't print lies
my reply was story about how they lied about Liverpool fans
and reply i got was told to f..k off

At least you tried and it sounds like you hit a raw nerve.
I was once of the impression when we hired the guy from norn iron who was in the DUP that he was equipped to deal with this type of shit.
Obviously not.

Makes you wonder what he actually does and why the club seems totally devoid of any strategy to deal with the daily attacks on the club and our fans. Much easier to just hand out life time bans and take the heat off those in charge. Its disgraceful.

Nonsense! The club can’t chase every name caller, but be in no doubt they are all over the Sun’s headline this morning. It never ceases to amaze me that folk don’t trust our Board to look after our Club’s best interests and to get tough as required. Plenty public examples not hard to find, and clearly they can’t shout about ongoing legal actions from the roof tops. Keep the faith.
Are they all over the Tom Devine outburst?
Can I ask why you are so certain that the club are dealing with the Sun? ITK or blind faith?

The OP is misjudged. He played in the Rangers first team. Neither team should have been mentioned as it is irrelevant, but to suggest a small subtitle next to an enormous Celtic headline is there to discredit Rangers is ridiculous.

In this instance you're right...but then just a few days ago they had Charlie Adams' brother as "ex-Rangers player" considering he played with a bunch of other clubs and never actually made a first team appearance for us.

Couple of other Sun stories catching the eye, "Celtic Ace" leaving top at site of this incident, Welsh I think it is, they certainly know how to PR the shit out of a situation.

The other slightly amusing one is they have dug someone out to make a story about how the piggery has the best atmosphere a few days after Neville comments on Ibrox during an interview. Didnt read the story, just some German star in the headline, no idea who it is.

The point here is they have mentioned Rangers . Notwithstanding he is a Celtic player, the headline shouldn't have mentioned his club at all
Rangers and Celtic are big news in Scotland. Mention of them in a headline is guaranteed to attract a percentage of readers who otherwise probably wouldn’t have bothered.

It’s the inclusion of Rangers rather than Celtic in that headline that’s the issue here though.

It would be good if the club sought an explanation for that.

In this instance you're right...but then just a few days ago they had Charlie Adams' brother as "ex-Rangers player" considering he played with a bunch of other clubs and never actually made a first team appearance for us.
Those other clubs don’t sell papers.

And?? Do you think the fact he used to play for Rangers being in the headline will make anyone look at our club any differently whatsoever?
It is bad publicity, a negative story. By mentioning Rangers it deflects some of that negativity away from the Parkhead club . Had roles been reversed, would they have mentioned Celtic ?
I think not.

Just recently a pub brawl was reported in several papers and across the media . Although it clearly involved Celtic fans infighting, the headline read football fans.

Keep the faith?

I'll be older than Methuselah, before the club actually comes out fighting for our rights on a consistent basis.

I’m guessing discretion is not your strong suit. You really believe fighting all our battles in the public eye is the way to go? Fortunately, our current Board box a wee bit cleverer than that.

Back