Vaccine Passports Going Ahead

Is Madley spreading misinformation or has he got his figures mixed up because this is incredible if true?

12/9/20 No Vaccine - Cases 2656, Hospitalizations, 218, Deaths 18.
12/9/21 With Vaccine - Cases 29,687, Hospitalizations 1,089, Deaths 56.

And this time last year, we've just been on the "super-spreader" event of "Eat Out to Help Out" which was blamed for why we had rising cases and deaths, which seem to pale against this years figures if Madley is correct?

3 times the amount of deaths and 5 times the amount in hospital and this with a vaccine, is what jumps out to me.
The implication of the tweet seems to be that they’ve made a big discovery that the vaccine is pointless. If there’s 10 times the number of cases but not 10 times the number of deaths then obviously on the face of it, the vaccine is doing what it’s supposed to do. You’d also need to consider how many of the deaths were vaccinated and how many weren’t.

We weren't doing anywhere near as many tests back then though so the 'cases' will likely be highly inaccurate.
The tested numbers aren’t being discussed there so we have no comparison. The implication seems to be that vaccines are pointless but, based on the numbers given in the discussion, it would seem they’re doing what they’re supposed to.

I note the EPL still might insist on proof of vaccine to gain entry to grounds, despite the governments stance.

Is Madley spreading misinformation or has he got his figures mixed up because this is incredible if true?

12/9/20 No Vaccine - Cases 2656, Hospitalizations, 218, Deaths 18.
12/9/21 With Vaccine - Cases 29,687, Hospitalizations 1,089, Deaths 56.

And this time last year, we've just been on the "super-spreader" event of "Eat Out to Help Out" which was blamed for why we had rising cases and deaths, which seem to pale against this years figures if Madley is correct?

I've said a few times recently in the Covid Thread that the true test of the vaccine will be through these Winter months because our deaths this Summer are just following a similar trend to last Summer. Last Summer we seen all restrictions lifted for a bit (without a vaccine) becauses cases, deaths and hospitalisations plummeted. We are now seeing deaths and hospital admissions start to creep up again in recent weeks but this is just following the exact same trend as last year when we moved into the Autumn and Winter months.

I still suspect deaths will be quite high this winter because vaccinated or not, the virus is still going to kill a lot of old and vulnerable people.

The tested numbers aren’t being discussed there so we have no comparison. The implication seems to be that vaccines are pointless but, based on the numbers given in the discussion, it would seem they’re doing what they’re supposed to.

But you've said there's 10x the number of cases but not 10x the number of deaths...

We don't know that because we weren't testing 1 million people per day this time last year.

But you've said there's 10x the number of cases but not 10x the number of deaths...

We don't know that because we weren't testing 1 million people per day this time last year.
The people in the clip said that because that’s what’s being discussed. Some people clearly only wanted to hear 18 deaths v 56 deaths as if it proves the vaccine is fake (or something). If you have 10 x the number of infections then that would be 180 deaths but it’s 56 so based on what we know from that discussion the vaccine is doing it’s job and could possibly be much better with more people vaccinated.

The numbers tested weren’t part of the discussion or the numbers being discussed. You can’t just throw a random thing in there because you don’t like the point. Based on that discussion and numbers quoted, the vaccine is doing what vaccines do.

The people in the clip said that because that’s what’s being discussed. Some people clearly only wanted to hear 18 deaths v 56 deaths as if it proves the vaccine is fake (or something). If you have 10 x the number of infections then that would be 180 deaths but it’s 56 so based on what we know from that discussion the vaccine is doing it’s job and could possibly be much better with more people vaccinated.

The numbers tested weren’t part of the discussion or the numbers being discussed. You can’t just throw a random thing in there because you don’t like the point. Based on that discussion and numbers quoted, the vaccine is doing what vaccines do.

But how can you possibly know number of infections without discussing tests?

The more you test the higher the cases will be.

But how can you possibly know number of infections without discussing tests?

The more you test the higher the cases will be.
I’m discussing the clip you posted which clearly doesn’t imply what the tweeter thought it did.

You can just download the pdf rather than having to get it sent out now.
Have now downloaded the new copy and notice that the actual Batch Numbers are listed on them this time. My first Vaccine was one of the Indian batch numbers (this wasn't listed on my original vaccine letter). Two of my work colleagues have printed off theirs this afternoon as well and both them have the same batch for their first one as well. What was the eventual outcome with those being accepted? I know there was a bit of a rammy went on with some EU countries saying they weren't going to let you in, but then backtracked and accepted them (Malta being one of them, which we went to on holiday). Have they been generally accepted by every country now?

Vaccine passes? Yeah because "the protected" need to be protected from "the unprotected" by forcing "the unprotected" into taking the protection which doesn't seem to be protecting "the protected".
That is how stupid this is.

If you have to carry a card in your pocket or have a pass on your phone proving you injected a drug into your body in order to gain access to a football match, then you don't live in a free country, and you don't have sovereign over your own body - and that is something which should concern everyone - regardless of politics or medical choices.

Any word on who’s refunding our money for games we’ve paid for but can’t go?
Thanks for your donation seems to be the line. Cruise companies are letting you cancel up to 48hrs before your holiday with a credit awarded. Seems a good solution. Rangers should do likewise and award a credit towards future attendance or season ticket.

Thanks for your donation seems to be the line. Cruise companies are letting you cancel up to 48hrs before your holiday with a credit awarded. Seems a good solution. Rangers should do likewise and award a credit towards future attendance or season ticket.
Or how about the draconian government imposing these measures reimburses those affected?

But it's not their fault that you haven't had the vaccine.
I know that but that wasn’t stated before we bought our season tickets or a 3 match European package
But it's not their fault that you haven't had the vaccine
But it's not their fault that you haven't had the vaccine.
I know that but that was stated when we bought our season ticket or the 3 match European package this week

I think the goal posts have moved now that many of us who are fully vaccinated but do not live in Scotland would seemingly be denied access to games.

I have yet to see a valid reason why my double Pfizer administered in England and can be proved via NHS England app is deemed unacceptable to be denied entry to Ibrox.

The club should be able to refund us via a payment from the Government but I expect that is pie in the sky.

FWIW I don’t think this madness will go ahead so not getting worked up just yet.

Rangers can't afford to do that. It's a government restriction so they should foot the cost.

I think the goal posts have moved now that many of us who are fully vaccinated but do not live in Scotland would seemingly be denied access to games.

I have yet to see a valid reason why my double Pfizer administered in England and can be proved via NHS England app is deemed unacceptable to be denied entry to Ibrox.

The club should be able to refund us via a payment from the Government but I expect that is pie in the sky.

FWIW I don’t think this madness will go ahead so not getting worked up just yet.
I’d imagine the yahoos will be kicking a stink up about this because of the amount of season ticket holders they have in Northern Ireland and in the republic

I know that but that wasn’t stated before we bought our season tickets or a 3 match European package

I know that but that was stated when we bought our season ticket or the 3 match European package this week

It wasn't but you bought them knowing there was a global pandemic happening :))

Things are subject to change

Back