AR1 Graeme Leslie
AR2 Stuart Stevenson
Fourth Official Steven Reid

Rangers vs Livi
Referee: Don Robertson
AR1 Daniel McFarlane
AR2 Drew Kirkland
Fourth Official Gavin Duncan

Whatever happened to the 5 and 6 officials at the goal? Is that system still in place anywhere?

Whatever happened to the 5 and 6 officials at the goal? Is that system still in place anywhere?
Last I remember seeing that was against PSV at Ibrox and they were abysmal and didn’t have any impact on any decisions despite being right in front of obvious fouls/handballs.

Last I remember seeing that was against PSV at Ibrox and they were abysmal and didn’t have any impact on any decisions despite being right in front of obvious fouls/handballs.
I assume VAR is being used. But the goalline assistants were useless everywhere. That PSV game was the last straw. The guy at the Copland Road end missed two clear penalties, the first when he dived along the goal and punched the ball away to stop it going into the net then a few minutes later when Bougherra was tripped as he was about to shoot from eight yards from goal.

Yeah I thought they were pointless.

Mclean has been biased against Rangers for years always allows the opposition to boot the players around, dont like when i see him or Madden reffin 9/10 means a tough game with some crazy calls going against us.

Really don't get the grief Robertson gets on here. Honestly can't remember one major howler hes been involved in that stitched us up.
He’s the snidiest of them all, constantly punishes us for extremely soft fouls when there is potential of a counter attack and stops the play continuously to break any rhythm, keep an eye out for it, almost clever in how he does it as it’s not blatantly obvious.

What always amazed me about the goal-line officials was that they were always on the same side of goals as the linesmen rendering them of no use IMO.
Regards referees they are ALL pretty incompetent in Scottish football,so have given up complaining about them.

What always amazed me about the goal-line officials was that they were always on the same side of goals as the linesmen rendering them of no use IMO.
Regards referees they are ALL pretty incompetent in Scottish football,so have given up complaining about them.
There was a programme on SKY Sports a few years ago with Pierluigi Collina that asked that specific question. The answered cleared it up and made complete sense.

The referee in attacks would be on the Defensive right hand side of the pitch therefore it was best suited for the 5/6 official to be on the same side as the assistant.

They also played audio of the officials behind the goal and contrary to popular opinion there was non stop communication between all of them.

Back