Helander out for the foreseeable future

Need to be honest, it's fucking dreadful news :(

Never a good sign when someone needs stretchered off. Big man brings ABBA out of retirement and this is how he is rewarded for it.

Simpson did not look poor in the time he was on in the last game.

Disagree mate. He looked nervous and has done pretty much every time he has featured unfortunately. He was caught under the ball once on Saturday, then got lucky winning a goal kick after some bad play and also headed the ball out for a throw in when he had plenty time to clear it. That was all in about 15 mins.

Hopefully he turns it around but in the times he has had played, to me, he looks poor every time.

Helander being out is a real blow, but those other players in his position now have to step up and perform well. Hopefully Helander is back before too long.

An injury to goldson away from a disaster

Chill out man. Dave McPherson can come in and do a job.

Disagree mate. He looked nervous and has done pretty much every time he has featured unfortunately. He was caught under the ball once on Saturday, then got lucky winning a goal kick after some bad play and also headed the ball out for a throw in when he had plenty time to clear it. That was all in about 15 mins.

Hopefully he turns it around but in the times he has had played, to me, he looks poor every time.
We don't actually know if he looked nervous, but to come on as an unexpected sub may have taken some adjustment. Did he play specifically poorly? I don't think he did.

The pace thing isn’t as much of an issue as people think, his reading of the game and positional sense cover this alleged deficiency.

Goldson has had some nightmares himself, as does every defender but ultimately I think most would be more confident going into tomorrow’s game, with Fil playing.
It’s about opinions, you like big Fil as a central defender and I don’t when we’re playing a high line. Goldson is the managers go to CD as reflected in his utilisation of and trust in him.

I hope we have an emergency recall on katic or we are really in trouble . So sick for Helander who has been our best defender during a rocky start to the season

We always give rough times scales to returns don’t we?

At least few months I read as between 3-6

Fully expect Katic back in January now

Worrying for Fil. Hope he recovers well.

Despite my comment above, if anything happens to Goldson it’s squeaky bum time. Wonder if the team would alter shape to tighten up at the back. Hopefully won’t need to find out.

That's a blow, Balogun will need to show a better level of consistency than last season to keep the jersey
Balogun was fairly solid last season IMO, only poor matches he had was when he was played at right back when Patterson and Tav were both out.

In the current climate with Covid numbers, I honestly think it would be ridiculous if didn’t bring someone in until the end of the season.

We don’t need to spend a fortune, but we need to bolster a bit.

Grim. Balogun has shown time and time again he isn’t EL level (despite his good showing against the mentally challengeds).

Wouldn’t be adverse to giving McClelland a shot in there. Impressed me when I have seen him.
He’s shown up well in europa group stage games but it’s that level up in the knockout stages that he’s struggled with

It’s about opinions, you like big Fil as a central defender and I don’t when we’re playing a high line. Goldson is the managers go to CD as reflected in his utilisation of and trust in him.
Of course he is, he’s key to the way we play with bringing the ball out and he is the best passer of a ball whilst also being a leader and solid defender.

Of course she should start, and for good reason.

Fair enough mate, I’d rather Fil and Goldson started every game if possible.

I love big fil and will miss him whilst he’s out. however, if you can’t use this as an opportunity to give our younger players game time, then there’s simply no point in having them.

Injuries are part of football, people need to calm down.

Goldson and Balogun will play in the big matches and Simpson will come in to give Balogun a rest in some of the easier matches.

Almost feel that's good news
Was expecting it to be longer to be honest
Longer than a few months ? I don’t see how it could have been much worse . Bear in mind it’s us , how many times have we heard “ a few weeks “ or “ not quite ready for Saturday “ and it ends up being month after month . We need cover we’ve just lost arguably our best performing player this season so far including an old firm winner and holding our back line together

Longer than a few months ? I don’t see how it could have been much worse . Bear in mind it’s us , how many times have we heard “ a few weeks “ or “ not quite ready for Saturday “ and it ends up being month after month . We need cover we’ve just lost arguably our best performing player this season so far including an old firm winner and holding our back line together
You don't see how it could have been much worse? Well he have been out for the season.

Of course it's not great to lose him for any amount of time.

Dreadful news, but trying to be positive, I wonder of this might help Balogun - maybe an extended run at CB with Goldson will help develop a good partnership.

Not enthusiastic about Simpson, just doesn't inspire confidence whenever I see him.

We don't actually know if he looked nervous, but to come on as an unexpected sub may have taken some adjustment. Did he play specifically poorly? I don't think he did.

He was only on for a short time and he didn’t cause any major issues but I don’t know many with confidence in him and that’s based on his minutes to date. As I’ve said, he looks unsure and nervous. He seems to make poor defensive decisions and looks uncomfortable under any pressure.

I accept that on Saturday others were poorer, especially Helander. However, Helander has plenty credit in the bank.

Absolutely gutted.

19/20 Helander got injured and I felt we missed him big time after it.

Step up Bal0gun and Simpson this is your time to shine.

Wishing Phil a safe and full recovery.

You don't see how it could have been much worse? Well he have been out for the season.

Of course it's not great to lose him for any amount of time.
We don’t know how long he’s out for. Given our past experience with knee injuries since the 1980s it sends a chill knowing it’s months . We don’t seem to do short small injuries sadly

Shite news. Going by gerrards comments on Katic it’s more likely he stays the season loan then being recalled in January. Reckon we will probably bring a centre back in permanently in January.

Fuuuuuuuuucksake.

Goldson and Balogun. An injury or suspension away from a bit of a crisis in Europe.

Hopefully big Fil isn't out for too long as in my opinion he is the best defender at the club. Speedy recovery to the big man.

Jack Simpson needs to take the opportunity of more game time now and he can hopefully grow into the Rangers jersey.

Grim. Balogun has shown time and time again he isn’t EL level (despite his good showing against the mentally challengeds).

Wouldn’t be adverse to giving McClelland a shot in there. Impressed me when I have seen him.
Time and again

Wow....

Back