Ryan Jack must be close to a return now. Surely?

Apparently the long term knee issue is as strong as it’s been. He was getting back to fitness when he’s had a couple of unrelated muscle tweaks that have set him back. Suppose to be quite common after a long time out. I think Gerrard mentioned a small set back in his recovery so I think that’s what he was referring to.

I don’t know how long this is he’s been out but given he had about a 50% appearance rate before this injury/op I’ve never had great hope he would become a fit , regular starter for us when he comes back ( whenever that may be )

we simply must be the unluckiest team in Europe when it comes to injuries and it’s been the case since 1980

Apparently the long term knee issue is as strong as it’s been. He was getting back to fitness when he’s had a couple of unrelated muscle tweaks that have set him back. Suppose to be quite common after a long time out. I think Gerrard mentioned a small set back in his recovery so I think that’s what he was referring to.
Sorry to be daft, are you meaning the knee is as strong as it’s been and should hopefully no longer be an issue? And it’s just a couple of tweaks holding him back? If so that’s great news and hopefully the tweaks go away as he trains more and once he’s fully fit there shouldn’t be any more issues.

According to the Athletic today it was an upper back operation he had to deal with his recurring calf issues, he’s still managing his knee as before.

Is he even going to be the same player when he comes back? It’s a long time out, may also find himself being a bit like other players with recurrent long term injuries whereby the fear of another injury actually hinders how he plays his game.

According to the Athletic today it was an upper back operation he had to deal with his recurring calf issues, he’s still managing his knee as before.

Yes I’m sure Gerrard said previously the operation Jack had was not related to his long term knee injury he’s been managing.

If we can get him back I expect his game time will still need carefully managed

It was def a back operation but I thought that was to do with his knee (as strange as it all sounds). I might have got my wires crossed but was told that the operation has done what it was suppose to and its 100% solved that problem and the reason he’s out at the moment is just muscle tweaks on the way back to full fitness. He was back running etc quite a few weeks ago.

My favourite player for Rangers but injuries seem to have taken their toll now, shame, he was massive to us when he was in top form

Same mate and I don’t think he will ever be the same an injury prone player who is out for so long never comes back the same injury after injury would love to be proved wrong but can’t see it.

Didn’t Gerrard basically say don’t read too much into him being in the Euro squad ie he was only there to fill out the Scottish quota

Love Ryan Jack but we'll probably never be able to rely on him for a full season which is a shame.

If however we somehow get him fit for a long period it will feel like a new signing.

Be as well writing him off again this season tbh. He's no longer a key player for us.

The new Rossiter...7-10 days.
Unfortunately that’s not really true due to our failure to upgrade the starting eleven.

As it stands at this moment in time our best line-up doesn’t contain any of the players added to the squad in the past couple of windows.

Ryan Jack returning therefore would be a huge boost for us.

Whether he’ll ever be the player he was is the big question.

When's the last time he had a decent run of games in the team, say 10-20 games without niggling injuries?

I've forg
Heard a rumour he tweaked his calf after a heavy session this week.

These sort of injuries do occur when coming back after a long lay off and intensity ramps up.
I agree we miss him but I fear he will be struck down with injury after injury and we will eventually let him go unfortunately.

My view is there is literally no pint in taking any chances, let the physios and medical team do their job and Ryan will tell them when he is 100% the time he has been out, another few weeks ultimately won’t matter.

Sadly we cannot rely on him, which is sad because when fit and on form he's a fantastic player. Jordan Rossiter has played much more than him last season and this.

Latest posts

Back