Euro bus or Flight?

On the way to Parma the convenor told us all not to do a dump in the toilet as there literally was no flush.

Halfway over, he is marching up and down the bus going tonto as, of course, someone done a dump. It wasn't funny at the time, but thinking back it was like a comedy sketch as he pointed into a few boys faces shouting "was it you?" then not waiting for an answer storming down the gangway and back. :D

I think it was one of my mates, he denied it, but I'm sure it was him.
Would he still deny it now :D

Bussed my first one to Leverkusen under advocaat , flew every since , the boat couldn’t dock in Dover coming back and had to sit a good bit away for a while due to the water being that rough , the boat was swaying from side to side and always remember this bear kept shouting “will everybody please refrain from putting any more money in the pool table” haha!!
Remember it well @HeyBert ! Was on the nithsdale bus that return journey. Thank god we won ! Remember a few bears wondering about countering the sway of the boat so they didn’t waste their pints ! Happy days

On the way to Parma the convenor told us all not to do a dump in the toilet as there literally was no flush.

Halfway over, he is marching up and down the bus going tonto as, of course, someone done a dump. It wasn't funny at the time, but thinking back it was like a comedy sketch as he pointed into a few boys faces shouting "was it you?" then not waiting for an answer storming down the gangway and back. :D

I think it was one of my mates, he denied it, but I'm sure it was him.
Flight or shite

Went to Sofia on bus aswell left Saturday night back following Saturday lunch time. Belgrade couple years before was some fkn journey aswell... But Levskii Sofia was total nighmare losing last minute goal didn't help either.

I've done many away trips in supporters buses, and loved it! But in my 40's now and don't think I could handle them anymore. Flights for me these days, perhaps could be able to handle a wee b is trip to Holland! Lol

70's was when I did my euro trips, no toilet on the bus, a couple of 2 day trips as well!!
Oil funnel hooked up at the front of the bus and a tube running out the door for a piss, unlucky if you needed a #2 :D
Must have been an engineer on board :))

The duty free on the ferry we were on crossing to France for Parma got plundered of all manner of things.

Then heading through France stopping at a service station, quite a few buses, and folk were literally just helping themselves. Cue the Police arriving and stuff was getting chucked onto the forecourt etc to avoid possession. Someone on our bus had pinched a massive stuffed dog and lobbed it out the sun roof, was comical seeing a big stuffed dog dropping out the sky from the bus window :D
Someone who shall remain nameless on the Mount Florida bus raided a park in Parma the second time and brought this huge model animal back onto the bus. The bus got tanned in Genoa that time too.

Also there was always some halfwit on your bus who would get caught shoplifting in the duty free shop on the ferry
I think we were 10 minutes out of Dover when the tannoy announcement came over “would the bus convenors of Ayr and District RSC please report to the pursers office immediately”
Yes we had a hold up in Dover on the way back and thats when I met the lat Copelandrear and his young son for the first time.

Likewise I'm early 60,s now did many trips from late 1970,s on buses. Could probably handle Belgium or Holland now at a push.
I've done many away trips in supporters buses, and loved it! But in my 40's now and don't think I could handle them anymore. Flights for me these days, perhaps could be able to handle a wee b is trip to Holland! Lol

Went to Sofia on bus aswell left Saturday night back following Saturday lunch time. Belgrade couple years before was some fkn journey aswell... But Levskii Sofia was total nighmare losing last minute goal didn't help either.
Levski Sofia was longest trip i done on bus Sat - Sat.

Levski Sofia was longest trip i done on bus Sat - Sat.
That sounds like an absolute nightmare :D
A wee guy I work with always talks of the trips to Wembley they used to have. 10 hours in an old rattling double decker bus, an oil drum was their toilet arrangements.

Never done it and no plans to. Plane for me.

Bus from Amsterdam to Rotterdam was bad enough a few years back (Clarkston LoyaI think). Took about an hour and a half longer to get there including circling the stadium a few times and then all the booze was removed for the bus back (possibly almost got chased by some ultras too at the busses). Was half asleep by the time I got back to Amsterdam.

Used to bus it to F1 races all the time when I was younger,some of the best and funniest times I’ve ever had.

Used to love travelling on the Newtownards Road Loyal bus away in Europe in the 90's!
Great times & memories!!
Haven't been away in europe for years now but hopefully get to some more in the future - flying!
Last trip was Stuttgart in 2007, flew Dublin to Frankfurt & we got one of the Glassy buses to Stuttgart - a great trip apart from result!

70s done a trip to Holland and Germany.was about 14/15 at the time fvcking loved every minute of it.Now a days just get a plane.last bus trip was to the linfield game 2012 on the Glaswegian bus.by fvck that was an experience on the Bus a good one by the way

KP loyal psg one of my best trips

Dick Advocaat 6 December, 2001

Won on penalty-kicks fantastic trip with the kp loyal

Someone in Munich got left behind. It was out of order, imo and the wee guy must've only been around 16.

Goes back to the bus after the game, convenor countingheads x2 missing. The guys pal comes back on the bus saying ge can't find him. We waits and the longer it gets folk are getting a bit restless and the driver has obviously said to the convenor we need to make a move soon or we miss the ferry we must've been booked onto.

Loads of folk shouting just to leave him, the wee guys mate by this time looking pretty shaken up, bus convenor with a decision to make.

The bus left him, and his pal behind.

At the time I thought it outrageous. When the bus started moving the same rockets shouting to leave him, were now bawling at the convenor it was out of order. Fuckin bizarre.

Transpired the missing guy was so pished he fell asleep in the stadium toilets and was found by security. The boys had to go to our embassy to get put up and 'wired' money from their parents for flights home.
Not my finest moment, but my 3rd trip om the bus was Munich after doing leverkusen and PSV...picked up a bike I'm the square and was cycling about on it (19 years old) just for a laugh...ended up hit with batons off police and taken to cells underneath the ground...always remember Alistair Hood saying to the police "ohh is this the idiot who stole the bike" released at full time in the bus park and proceeded to find my bus home. Gutted I missed the game for something daft.

Bucharest was the worst

Not even in the 80s when we played Steua, but a few years ago, so I decided there it was that horrific I ditched it.

Not bussed it much but when I lived in Croatia used to drive to most Euro games. Zeta, Belgrade, Stuttgart, Bremen, Bucharest, Luxembourg, Vienna (got stuck in snow and had to use snow chains) among others. Some easier than others to get to (e.g. Maribor). If we were playing in Spain would drive to Milan, park up and fly down. Drove over to Manchester in 2008.

Back