Signings you followed after they left

WalterSmith72

As topic says, was there ever any signings you followed there progress closely after they left ?? For me I followed Mikel arteta when he left always looked out for him at Everton every week, and in turn developed quite a soft spot for them. Must tbe the blue strips too :cool:

Only Big Dunc really. When players leave on good terms I tend to hope they do well, depending who they sign for, but I have little more than a passing interest.

Duncan Ferguson. He could have been a Rangers legend under different circumstances. Got a soft spot for Everton due to him.

I keep an eye on most players who leave us on good terms. Like to see ex-Gers doing well.
Same.
Even some players that leave on not so good terms I keep an eye on keeping my fingers crossed for them to fail.

Like to follow how as many as possible are doing, even if only looking for results or if they've played or scored. For the most part its go to to see our ex players doing well. Whether that is a Gattuso or a Kal Naismith.

I still followed Coop after he left - was mates with a guy who's old man was a director at Motherwell at the time so managed to go see him there a few times and even got to meet him - as a young lad, I was star struck in his presence

Anyone that gave their all for us. Big Dunc most but, always gutted watching him......
The biggest ever 'What could have Been'

Southampton are my English team so have followed Steve Davis career pretty closely. He has been excellent.

Jelavic would watch Everton any time they were on the tele when he played for them same with Hull and West Ham. I’ll be honest though haven’t really been following Beijing Renhe or Guizhou Hengfeng.

Despite living in England for 35 years I don't support an English team.

If I'm watching a game my criteria for supporting a team will always be based on ex-Rangers players involvement with the clubs. For example when Hull had Shagger, Aluko and Jelavic I sort of supported them.

Gio. I'm a bit of a fan of his.
More recently I liked to keep an eye on Jelavic, McGregor and Edu. The latter doesnt seem to get a game very much now though. Always seems to be injured.

Sebo for me also for some reason. Wee Weiss too.

Sebo's is a good story, left, went to Ligue1, done ok, ran riot for Slovan Bratislava for 2 years then just said %^*& it and never played again. He's now a successful triathlete and regularly does events worldwide.

Saw much of Feyenoord?

Watched them quite a bit last season and the one before. Glad they stuck by him cause he did have a tough spell to begin with and there was rumours he was for the off but he has transformed them into a really good side. Not scared to mix up their play either if need be with the big man Jorgensen up top.

Surely the guys who went to big clubs in Europe don't count as 'following' them!

Where are the Maurice Ross fans who tracked him through Norway, Turkey, China, back to Norway and now managing in the Faroes :p

Probably look out for most but wouldn't I followed them if that makes sense.

Usually like it when ex-players do well.

I have qualified as usually, so there are exceptions!

He hasn't technically left us yet, but Harry's currently having IT problems:

am4236.png

Arteta, Jelavic, Duncan Ferguson and Barry Ferguson. Followed Boomsong for a bit, more for a laugh.

I keep an eye on most players who leave us on good terms. Like to see ex-Gers doing well.
I do my best to see how some of the players that never really made the grade during 'The Journey' are doing - I mean the youngsters, not Sandaza etc.

Most recently probably Steven Davis and Jelavic. It's quite satisfying seeing Davis doing well just because of where he comes from and having played with us.

Jelavic was more intrigue to see how well he would do down south. It didn't really happen in the end.

I'd also add Boumsong because I thought he could do it all, and was amazed he flopped so badly.

I love it if one of ours leaves and plays against tims and scores winner against them with his new team. Can't remember when that last happened though, anyone?

I love it if one of ours leaves and plays against tims and scores winner against them with his new team. Can't remember when that last happened though, anyone?

They last lost in the league to St Johnstone so Steven MacLean maybe?

Most of them. The posters on here who get raging whenever updates on ex-players are posted is amusing.

I remember watching most of Jelavic down south when he went through a right good patch.

None with any real decication.
Once anyone leaves Rangers they're replaced and that's where my focus goes. That's not to say I don't wish (most of) those who leave well.

Watched them quite a bit last season and the one before. Glad they stuck by him cause he did have a tough spell to begin with and there was rumours he was for the off but he has transformed them into a really good side. Not scared to mix up their play either if need be with the big man Jorgensen up top.

Good to hear, I knew they narrowly won the league last year but wasn't sure how they'd been doing otherwise. No love for Feyenoord but happy to see Gio do well.

I keep an wee interest but to the level of oh good to see such and such played well or scored.
We have had that many players come and go over the past 15 years its hard to keep up with the all.

The pre banter years- Aluko, McGregor, Davis

The banter years- None. However I have kept an eye on Billy Gilmore since he went to Chelsea.

TBH, none really. If they are involved in a game I'm watching then fair enough but I don't go out my way to watch them or keep updated on them.

Came through the ranks so not exactly signings but I kept an eye on Ferguson and Hutton when they left, well, for a few weeks.

Reyna and Bjorklund at Sunderland. Still go to Stadium of Light every now and then, but the last few years they have been infested with poets.

Back