Ibrox needs a big revamp.

The atmosphere at Ibrox is average at best (bar the odd game) and has been for some time.. it needs sorted.

A proper standing/singing section needs created as of next season.

Last night in GF2 was a joke.. guy behind screaming at people to sit down to the point he's trying to scrap with other fans.

Stuff like this happens all too regularly and it's because the club won't get the finger out and move like minded fans to the same sections.

Our away support are the best in Britain.. why not have something similar at Ibrox?

I've been to County & St Johnstone this season and both have been a much better match day experience than most games you'll get at Ibrox.

Make the Copland Front our singing section and let fans register an interest before next season.

Those who want to stay and stand in the Copland can.. those who want to join will simply replace those who want to leave.

As for the "I've sat here for 20 years" argument.. well tough luck, you either want to see positive changes at the club and agree to move.. or you don't renew and you'll be replaced by someone who wants to contribute to the matchday experience.

It will also benefit the players on the pitch.. you see it at Anfield for example, at times it feels like the Kop suck the ball into the net with the noise they make.

It's the one aspect I've been really disappointed in dating back to when King took over, loads of positive change at the club but there's been no appetite to improve the Ibrox matchday experience.

It should be high on the list of priorities for me.
Where is all the money coming from?

It's never really happened thought? In my 20 odd years of going its always been flat versus the wee teams. Like Liverpool v Norwich etc the atmosphere isn't there because the match isn't very exciting.

Very hard to improve unless we hammer them, play well or there is something riding on the game other than a routine 3 points.
If you compare and contrast Ibrox v Livi to Anfield v Norwich there is quite a difference.

I do agree that a good performance helps though.

Where is all the money coming from?
We've got Bisgrove talking about expanding the staduim in the not too distant future so there's obviusly going to be money to invest.

And as I said above, in footballing terms getting rail seating installed isn't all.that costly.

Ideally getting the corners filled in would be perfect but it’s not something we can look at financiallytill we’re a regular champions league team.

a safe standing area should be a must.

Should be incentives for mygers customers and especially season ticket holders who have paid a fortune for nothing the last two seasons. ( Celtic game is all I’ve had without paying extra), cheap or possibly even free league cup games would be a sweetener for the fans.

People make atmospheres, not stadiums.

Honestly? I find it astounding that some fans dont understand the basics of fan culture.

The environment affects the way people act. The same people that whisper in a library scream and shout at football matches and rock concerts.

The police employ experts to study crowds and crowd behaviour. The same people that behave impecably on their own can become part of a mob that takes part in a riot.

Ibrox is hopeless and sucks the soul out of anyone wanting to sing and support the team. Create a proper safe standing section and it'll transform the place.

I know your just in the door. Perhaps you did not realise this place was about discussion and debate about all things Rangers???? The guy raises a legitimate point. The atmosphere last night was dire.
No need for your pathetic comment.
Seems more moan and complain on here than discuss and debate.

The club could have put the Union Bears right behind the goals when they took the decision to lock the rats out permanently. The fact they didn’t and kept them in the corner out of sight and influence says it all. The broomloan should be the location for a singing section.

The UB need to go to Ibrox and stand in silence like everyone else until the board do something . It’s the only way to get other supporters to back them. Only the fans can change the boards mind on this. Even the players and Gerrard then would be asking wtf is going on
Tbh the club would prefer that than singing the likes of BMG for most of the second half yesterday.
Does them no favours in this arguement.

I await this when we win a game and the place is rocking, want, want,want,want want. Where is this magic money tree?

The atmosphere at Ibrox is average at best (bar the odd game) and has been for some time.. it needs sorted.

A proper standing/singing section needs created as of next season.

Last night in GF2 was a joke.. guy behind screaming at people to sit down to the point he's trying to scrap with other fans.

Stuff like this happens all too regularly and it's because the club won't get the finger out and move like minded fans to the same sections.

Our away support are the best in Britain.. why not have something similar at Ibrox?

I've been to County & St Johnstone this season and both have been a much better match day experience than most games you'll get at Ibrox.

Make the Copland Front our singing section and let fans register an interest before next season.

Those who want to stay and stand in the Copland can.. those who want to join will simply replace those who want to leave.

As for the "I've sat here for 20 years" argument.. well tough luck, you either want to see positive changes at the club and agree to move.. or you don't renew and you'll be replaced by someone who wants to contribute to the matchday experience.

It will also benefit the players on the pitch.. you see it at Anfield for example, at times it feels like the Kop suck the ball into the net with the noise they make.

It's the one aspect I've been really disappointed in dating back to when King took over, loads of positive change at the club but there's been no appetite to improve the Ibrox matchday experience.

It should be high on the list of priorities for me.
Immediately if not sooner! Brilliant Post Bud.

Tbh the club would prefer that than singing the likes of BMG for most of the second half yesterday.
Does them no favours in this arguement.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with build my gallows . Not every song that references Ireland has to be banned

don’t see the F word and don’t mention the pope and anything else is not banned

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with build my gallows . Not every song that references Ireland has to be banned

don’t see the F word and don’t mention the pope and anything else is not banned
Did I say there was?
The club on the other hand……

Don't know about other areas last night but in the Copland Front we stood all game

I await this when we win a game and the place is rocking, want, want,want,want want. Where is this magic money tree?

And when standing doesn’t work, what’s the next ‘change’ people demand?

On the general point, British fan culture has always been reactive to what is happening on the field at any given time.

It feels as though some want a rather mechanical experience.

For run of the mill games Ibrox will never be a wall of sound but the club could help to make the best of it,For starters they need to liaise with the fans the Union Bears and any other interested parties,We know there are games that look after themselves but the majority need all the help we can muster.

I know your just in the door. Perhaps you did not realise this place was about discussion and debate about all things Rangers???? The guy raises a legitimate point. The atmosphere last night was dire.
No need for your pathetic comment.
I think it's yet another sign-in id from one of the usual suspects.

Bizarre suggestion - Broomloan Front is our singing section, agree that area should have safe standing though.
Bizarre how? Copland Road is tradional 'Rangers End' and that was where singing was mostly and with banter with enclosures. Broomloan being popular with singing younger ones is relatively recent and I think partly created by the board and to b nearer the away support

With regard to the away support creating atmosphere at other grounds maybe so!.What kind of atmosphere? well on the "journey" I had my name down on CCCS for away games/cup games and only one I did not was friendlies.
I removed the away games part after trying to attend a game V Airdrie and found myself and son with seats among the Union Bears to find them picking fights withe the stewards/police,letting off flares and other totally abysmal behaviour,so we tried to move to other sears ,were unsuccessful and left the ground after 10 minutes,missing a 6-1 victory.
I don't know how behaviour is now but it was not dignified then.

Bizarre suggestion - Broomloan Front is our singing section, agree that area should have safe standing though.
The Copland idea keeps cropping up but I think it’s the least likely idea for the club to adopt,We have now claimed the Broomie as ours even v the fhilth and has rightly earned the honor of singing section,Now we need the front full safe standing and try and create an atmosphere that might encourage others to join in for the full 90 minutes,
Thinking more in hope than expectations.

Can't be that expensive to install rail seating is it?

Maybe they could take the extra tenner a head they've charged us (compared to them) and put that to it.

Honestly? I find it astounding that some fans dont understand the basics of fan culture.

The environment affects the way people act. The same people that whisper in a library scream and shout at football matches and rock concerts.

The police employ experts to study crowds and crowd behaviour. The same people that behave impecably on their own can become part of a mob that takes part in a riot.

Ibrox is hopeless and sucks the soul out of anyone wanting to sing and support the team. Create a proper safe standing section and it'll transform the place.

Name the best Rangers atmosphere ever? Parma, probably?

Name the ‘fan culture’ that was in place to create that atmosphere?

A reboot of where people sit would clearly be a ball ache but it would make a difference, loads of people who know each other just scattered around the stadium.
You've hit it bang on. This to me has always been the main problem.

Just a habit now to be with all your mates pre game, then go separate ways at the stadium.

The other poster who said no need to rip out the seats, makes a good point. An area put aside for people who prefer to stand would be good enough without spending money.

If you go far enough back the Derry was the singing section,that is now the Govan (Sandy Jardine) stand,When they changed that too the centenary stand the singing section became the Copland end terracing once again when the now Copland stand was built most of the vocal support moved to the east enclosure,Now we have the Broomie and it has taken over as the singing section,
If any Bear thinks their stand has more right to be considered the singing section absolutely nobody would object to you giving it big licks.

Name the best Rangers atmosphere ever? Parma, probably?

Name the ‘fan culture’ that was in place to create that atmosphere?

You should know never to generalise from a specific example. Of course you'll get exceptions but in general the atmosphere at Ibrox is awful.

The problem is caused by the mix of fans in each stand. Young and old, male and female, singers and non singers etc.

When I started going to Ibrox the Derry was the place to go if you wanted a sing song. If you didnt there were plenty of other options. The same thing happened at most grounds. Its obvious.

If money was no object I would love to see the full Broomie front safe standing with rover season tickets for it,Bears going in and standing with their mates a bit like an away game atmosphere.

Whoever is in charge of the pre match soundsystem needs a boot up the arse.
There are so many tunes chants tracks from last season that could be pieced together to flow continuously that could get the place rocking.

There was one point they drowned out “its the greatest site that I have ever seen”.

One look round the stadium would tell you that hardly anyone was singing at the time. Been a bug bear of mine for a while and Im no DJ or music producer.

If you go far enough back the Derry was the singing section,that is now the Govan (Sandy Jardine) stand,When they changed that too the centenary stand the singing section became the Copland end terracing once again when the now Copland stand was built most of the vocal support moved to the east enclosure,Now we have the Broomie and it has taken over as the singing section,
If any Bear thinks their stand has more right to be considered the singing section absolutely nobody would object to you giving it big licks.
When they put seats in the Derry for our 100yrs it's atmosphere changed so much it became known as the cemetery stand

This is what happens when the support over the last 20-years have become terrified of some bad press in the media and from folk who hate our very existence anyway.

The fear-factor, for reasons unknown to me, catches on and a culture develops off the back of it where everyone is either frightened to sing or just think it's not worth the hassle.

This is just my view here, but the more newer, PC, friendlier songs are ok in small doses and when part of a songbook that includes new, old and Loyalist as a big mixture but when it's just mostly newer songs the intimidation factor and gusto just isn't there.

People need to realise that the SNP, Michael Stewart, the media etc - we could sing 3 blind mice and they'd be outraged and get pressure groups for blind folk involved.

Obviously there's some things and some add-on's we can't sing whether we like it or not but there's loads we can that get's it right up the haters but people don't want the negativity - the negativity that we get regardless. We need to realise that.

Or maybe the majority of people don't want to sing about the IRA, Bobby Sands and the pope?

It's a problem all clubs face with allocated seated stadia.

The noise came when people went in with their friends into enclosures or sections, their part of the ground.

Over time, people move seats, often into areas of unfamiliarity and some sit by themselves. All less likely to sing, have fun with their mates.

It's where we are. Unless we go down the route of singing/ultra stands where they have choreographed then we'll have to accept the more emotional, outburst of songs which I think is great anyway.

Just my thoughts.

It's a problem all clubs face with allocated seated stadia.

The noise came when people went in with their friends into enclosures or sections, their part of the ground.

Over time, people move seats, often into areas of unfamiliarity and some sit by themselves. All less likely to sing, have fun with their mates.

It's where we are. Unless we go down the route of singing/ultra stands where they have choreographed then we'll have to accept the more emotional, outburst of songs which I think is great anyway.

Just my thoughts.
Good point.

Personally don't see how inserting rail seating will improve the atmosphere at home to a Ross County or St Mirren for a bog standard league game for example. European games and games against the tims usually work out fine but for some reason it was flat last night. Given the clubs financial status then it will be low on the list of priorities.

There's an argument for both sides. I'd love to see the UB's have a bigger involvement but it'll never happen if they don't cut out the silly nonsense. As for blaming them for the song book... come on!!! There's 45k others in the stadium. Get off your ass and drown them out if you don't like it

When a lot of bears of a certain vintage are asked what was the best atmosphere they have experienced, a lot say Parma in 1999.

No rail seats, no standing (officially), no drums or megaphones.

We could sing our “traditional” songs and didn’t have to think about the words and whether they may offend people watching and listening for the sole reason of being offended.

Back