One for the auld guys

NYC Davie

Sitting watching “Now 70s” on one of the music channels and on comes a singer called Jackie Lee - now my 60s/70s knowledge isn’t bad but I can’t remember her at all. Anyhoo, she’s singing a song called “Rupert The Bear”. Did we sing “Tommy, Tommy McLean” to that tune or is senility even closer than I think?

Sitting watching “Now 70s” on one of the music channels and on comes a singer called Jackie Lee - now my 60s/70s knowledge isn’t bad but I can’t remember her at all. Anyhoo, she’s singing a song called “Rupert The Bear”. Did we sing “Tommy, Tommy McLean” to that tune or is senility even closer than I think?
Spot on !
Tommy Tommy
Tommy McLean
Everyone knows his name
It’s Tommy McLean

Yes

We did. My favourite song as a kid

Yes to your question but not happy with the auld guys title. I remember this being sung to wee Tommy and I’m still a young thing even though for some reason I was drawn to open this thread and similar ones when I read the title.

Works for stevie Gerrard , everyone knows his name …. And they do

Remember one of the first games I went to as a kid, Tommy McLean was one of my favourite players, and some old guy near me spent most of the game shouting abuse at McLean. "Ya wee f***ing worm" over and over.

So he wasnt universally popular with the support.

Last edited:
Remember one of the first games I went to as a kid, Tommy McLean was one of my favourite players, and some old guy near me spent most of the game shouting abuse at McLean. "Ya we f***ing worm" over and over.

So he wasnt universally popular with the support.
Tommy McLean's major problem is that he wasn't Willie Henderson.

I worked with one guy, a Rangers fan, who absolutely despised him. McLean that is.

We did indeed sing that musical masterpiece.

Correct

Yes we did

Back