What has Bassey done to be dropped?

Have to agree based on current FORM of our RB and LB. Tav scores a screamer but in the last 3 games he has had at least double figure corners/crosses that dont clear the first man. Borna misses an onfire kent.

Bassey and Patterson are a breath of fresh air in what is becoming, a stale team

I'd agree.

Barasic has done nothing on the pitch this season to merit a start.

Bassey had been excellent and would have offered more today.
Bit of a short memory there fella.

Borna took a certain corner that led to this:

filip-helander-fil-helander.gif

That said, he's not been great this season and Bassey should be in the team.

I thought he'd have got a start at left back today. I'm not decrying Borna but he had a hard shift on Thursday night. There would have been nothing wrong in resting him today by having him on the bench.

Agree that Barasic isnt cutting it right now. Needs to get some confidence back. Dont think ive actually tried to see him beat a full back for pace this season when previously was doing it for fun. Bassey deserves a run.

It could be that Gerrard is just trying to get Barisic back up to speed again by giving games. Most likely it's just down to bad man management though.

Have to agree based on current FORM of our RB and LB. Tav scores a screamer but in the last 3 games he has had at least double figure corners/crosses that dont clear the first man. Borna misses an onfire kent.
Mi km
Bassey and Patterson are a breath of fresh air in what is becoming, a stale team
I am heading home after watching the game and I agree with you Tav was bad today.

Bit of a short memory there fella.

Borna took a certain corner that led to this:

filip-helander-fil-helander.gif

That said, he's not been great this season and Bassey should be in the team.
That’s what’s wrong with us.We are being loyal to players who are not performing.When out form or not fully fit should be out the team and the replacement should keep his place until he is out of form.To many are a stick on to start regardless of form.Tavernier has been poor in my opinion for weeks yet again another who starts regardless of form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barisic still doesn’t look quite right to me, I’m wondering if he’s managing an injury.

Bassey should definitely be starting LB at the moment.

Barasic isn’t right. Doesn’t look like he can get up and down the line. Was highlighted big time against Lyon and very surprised he started today. Left side of the back 4 was a mistake today from the manager imo.

Better option than Barasic right now. The poor kid must wonder what he has to do to get in this team! Feel for him. He did great at the start of the season. The minute Barisic is fit (even though he has not been good) Bassey gets dropped. Poor from the manager IMO
Bassey and Patterson gives us pace power and directness just what we are missing just now. Unlike barisic and tav they get back and cover quicker too. How many direct balls down the channels and around the sides of our CBs are we struggling with in every game. At least we tried playing thru the middle sometimes today but the final ball/shots are crap.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bassey play at centre-back sometime. But we'll see how things go.

Our problem is that we can’t settle on a back line

It’s Bassey or Barisic, Greegs or McLaughlin, Balogun or Simpson

Pick one and stick with it for 6+ games, confidence is built from the back

Nothing
The manager plays favourites

Prob the same reason Tav still starts

Bassey and Paterson should be playing
I thought Patterson should have come on for Tavernier after about an hour. Tavernier seems short on confidence and hesitant to take on the full back. Patterson shows no fear in that respect and will run at him all day and look to play one twos with the striker.

I thought Patterson should have come on for Tavernier after about an hour. Tavernier seems short on confidence and hesitant to take on the full back. Patterson shows no fear in that respect and will run at him all day and look to play one twos with the striker.
Would have been a bit hard for him to come on, mate :))

Better option than Barasic right now. The poor kid must wonder what he has to do to get in this team! Feel for him. He did great at the start of the season. The minute Barisic is fit (even though he has not been good) Bassey gets dropped. Poor from the manager IMO
Bassey wasn't brilliant last week , Borna is our best left back.

He needs to work on his crossing (I'm sure his is) we have options all over the team & there's games he will get another chance

I put a thread on about this the other day and got roasted for it.

Our team is so slow and one paced right now. We need fast, energetic players to liven us up

Did anyone watch Bassey last week? He was hopeless as is going to happen at his age. Struggling to think what Barisic did wrong today for this thread. Him and Tav did a lot of good work in attack

Did anyone watch Bassey last week? He was hopeless as is going to happen at his age. Struggling to think what Barisic did wrong today for this thread. Him and Tav did a lot of good work in attack
He’s this seasons whipping boy because he had a rough start and Bassey showed well against lesser teams.

Lyon would’ve torn him to shreds. Defensively Borna has been pretty solid this season, folk also don’t like that he passes back a lot, but personally I’d rather he passed back when there’s nothing on than just whipped a cross in for the sake of it and we lose possession

Back