We will win the league.

ShieldhallBear

Disappointed about today as will everyone else be. Thought we looked great in the first half and should’ve been out of sight, second half was a joke. I agree with many we have looked lethargic and slow, devoid of ideas at times, and are definitely struggling right now, whether that be lack of belief, covid/injury issues, no real preseason, or whatever it is.

However, I’m totally confident we win the league. I know it’s all about what we do, but the scum are really fkin terrible as well. 4 ahead of them already and we’ve barely kicked a ball. 3 wins and 3 losses is close to sackable material, and they have Sheep, Hibs, Motherwell all away shortly. We will be further ahead by the end of October 100%.

It’s really hard to be positive after that, it’s frustrating that we aren’t clicking, we aren’t looking the same, teams are scoring against us and all the rest, and it simply isn’t good enough from our players. However, simply because of how bad our opposition is, I still see us winning the league pretty comfortably, getting that champions league money, freshening the squad and then hopefully moving forward again.

Don't think being less rotten than the scum is acceptable though do you? We look a very average side at the moment who have went backwards instead of pushing on
Some folk have low standards. Celtic are never the benchmark. We should always be looking to get better every season. Especially given we kept all our top players - there’s no excuse for this drop in performance so far this season.

A game of 2 halves similar to Malmo, we are more than capable of blowing teams away but can't seem to sustain that level, still in 1st gear at times, hopefully the Angeball train keeps faltering on and we'll run away with the league but thats dangerous, we should be winning it out the park this season but for whatever reason we can't put teams away when we're running all over them.

Don't think being less rotten than the scum is acceptable though do you? We look a very average side at the moment who have went backwards instead of pushing on
Of course not mate, as I said above it’s not good enough and something isn’t going right for us just now. However I’m just saying I’m still confident the league is ours, regardless of how scunnered at the team I am just now.

Frustrating thing is it was a home game loss of 2 points. We’ll struggle at fir park against them playing like they did.

It will be a collapse of barely imaginable proportions if we don't win the league this year. Poor as we have been, something would be very wrong indeed if some Aussie coach with umpteen new signings finished above us.

Pretty embarrassing that people are content to say the league is only a case of proving who's the best of a bad bunch.

Losers mentality and will cause us to have a celtic 10IAR type season this year or next if the club even dare have the same delusions.

I'm not as convinced as it stands.
We're seeing the same mistakes made weekly which is costing us goals, this wasn't happening last season.
We also do not look like scoring many goals in any game we play, that's a massive concern.

Basing our success off how bad they are is a tinpot mentality and the reason they lost the ten, it’ll also be the reason we fail to make the next step to be back in the European conversation

It will be a collapse of barely imaginable proportions if we don't win the league this year. Poor as we have been, something would be very wrong indeed if some Aussie coach with umpteen new signings finished above us.
No it won’t, all it will take is for them to click as a team ever so slightly. If they do that and we stay the same then the league is gone.
I think a lot of people are taking it for granted we are winning the league. If we don’t improve we will throw the league away

Pretty embarrassing that people are content to say the league is only a case of proving who's the best of a bad bunch.

Losers mentality and will cause us to have a celtic 10IAR type season this year or next if the club even dare have the same delusions.
To be fair, not really content at all. I did say today was a joke, not good enough and something has to improve quickly. Just making the point that as far as I’m scunnered with the team just now, I still at least see us winning the league. But we are lucky to be 4 ahead absolutely, not good enough from our own point of view.

We will still win the league, but imagine if we had been playing to the best of our ability?

We would be 9 points clear of that lot, and they would be storming their stadium as we speak.

I’m not so sure last season everything went for us but the 2 seasons before especially after the new year were a disaster and we were saying the same things as now

the big difference from
Last season is we are pressing the opposition differently
I seen some where Beale said we are trying a mid press instead to help with energy levels over the season
I can’t remember who posted the pics on Twitter I can’t find it again
I wish we just stayed with the high press like last season
then again we have so many players off the boil as well

it’s going to be a long hard season

To be fair, not really content at all. I did say today was a joke, not good enough and something has to improve quickly. Just making the point that as far as I’m scunnered with the team just now, I still at least see us winning the league. But we are lucky to be 4 ahead absolutely, not good enough from our own point of view.
Yep not aimed at anyone at all just the general buzz on social media etc recently.

Worrying mentality from a small number of folk.

once we get the internationals out the way ,our players returning from injury and covid ,get our mojo back,we'll be flying by xmas.....4pts ahead of the mhanks already and we're playing like a pub team.

Something's a miss. we look like conceding in every game too. The smaller clubs are going to get a lot of points off the OF this year especially at home
I fear Europe could be a painful experience this season too

We probably will, but it just takes a couple of injuries and a prolonged loss of form and then perhaps we won't.

It’s a dangerous game basing your success on how bad the opposition are.
It is but that’s how the SPFL and the old First Division have been won since I was a wee boy - bar one or two blips. The Tims are our only real opposition in this league. They are shite which is why I think we’ll win the league because we’re better then them.

Disappointed about today as will everyone else be. Thought we looked great in the first half and should’ve been out of sight, second half was a joke. I agree with many we have looked lethargic and slow, devoid of ideas at times, and are definitely struggling right now, whether that be lack of belief, covid/injury issues, no real preseason, or whatever it is.

However, I’m totally confident we win the league. I know it’s all about what we do, but the scum are really fkin terrible as well. 4 ahead of them already and we’ve barely kicked a ball. 3 wins and 3 losses is close to sackable material, and they have Sheep, Hibs, Motherwell all away shortly. We will be further ahead by the end of October 100%.

It’s really hard to be positive after that, it’s frustrating that we aren’t clicking, we aren’t looking the same, teams are scoring against us and all the rest, and it simply isn’t good enough from our players. However, simply because of how bad our opposition is, I still see us winning the league pretty comfortably, getting that champions league money, freshening the squad and then hopefully moving forward again.
We’ll said mate good to hear some positivity on here today!

We haven’t played at that mob, Tynecastle, Easter Road, Pittodrie or the dreaded Tony Macaroni. I don’t get the whole we’ve still to hit second gear. What evidence is there that we are going to? None whatsoever. We’ve been poor all season. Other than the game against them we’ve played nobody.

We’ve not came out of 1st gear yet here we are still top of the league.
This is the positive I take from this.
I do trust we will hit some form to propel us to the next title.

If it does not happen it wiil be entirely down to attitude.

We’ve not came out of 1st gear yet here we are still top of the league.
Sick of hearing this. We’ve played too many games this season and shown nothing to show that we are any better than it.

Last season is in the past. Time to stop thinking we’re getting back to that level of performance.

I tend to agree but it’s impoerrant to put as many points between us and the filth as possible to male it easier. We should have been at least 7 clear and putting pressure on them

Still fancy us to win it by some distance but we need to start upping performances. First half we played good but second half didn’t really show much.

Reactions: VGM
Will win the league at an absolute canter. We could go three seasons unbeaten and c*nts would still moan like %^*& at the first defeat. Save your sanity and avoid this place 24 hours after dropping points.

Sick of hearing this. We’ve played too many games this season and shown nothing to show that we are any better than it.

Last season is in the past. Time to stop thinking we’re getting back to that level of performance.

cheer up big lad. Things will pick up.

100% this. Our next 3 are Dundee away, Hibs & Hearts at home. Win those 3 and we'll be in a good place.

Back