Timothy's "Years of Domination"

mdingwall

Administrator
And what did they get for it?

A worthless Nine In A Row as we weren't in the league for four of the titles.

An equally meaningless Quadruple Treble.

A tragically inept attempt to get to the Ten.

Instead they have £16million in the bank at the end of it - enough to run their club for roughly 3 months.

Quite an achievement for all those years when they should have been sprinting ahead.

It can't even have been that enjoyable, with no tension and the outcome inevitable every year. Their success wasn't even built on some football dynasty either, just going through the motions because of our situation.

We were at least always moving forward with goals to achieve all the way back to the top.

They have Ange to pay off, new mgt team, and probably new players. We simply must win the league this year. I hope our players understand that winning last year isn’t enough.
We need to ensure that we are miles in front when they sack the big Greek philosopher, I've said from the start of this season our downfall will only come from within and we've already thrown 5 points away. I'm not worried about them... I am however concerned by our fall off from last season

Did they not claim to have over £80 million in the bank only 2 or 3 years ago?

Instead they have £16million in the bank at the end of it - enough to run their club for roughly 3 months.

Quite an achievement for all those years when they should have been sprinting ahead.

It can't even have been that enjoyable, with no tension and the outcome inevitable every year. Their success wasn't even built on some football dynasty either, just going through the motions because of our situation.

We were at least always moving forward with goals to achieve all the way back to the top.
That’s the difference, they loved having no competition, they can’t cope with pressure, as we have seen, and want a free ride at everything, where as we welcome the chase, enjoy the tussle of tough opposition and then enjoy the rewards, and accept when we are matched or beaten. We may moan, but we don’t scan the rule book or check players disciplinary records.

Disco lights and an Angeball. Whatever that is.

They had the chance to completely get out of sight but well and truly blew it.
They became too used to all the trophies being handed over on a plate without breaking sweat.

Years and years of buying dross and paying them off / losing money on them has paid off spectacularly, for the dross.

Still brings a smile to my face when remembering the “Ronny Roar” after they struggled to beat East Kilbride 2-0
Mocking the young bears who celebrated a last minute winner on the pitch.

Then having a lap of honour after drawing with us.

In an era post banking collapse with thin squads in the league and a weakened Rangers struggling to get our act together?
Could easily say Celtic were struggling to get their act together for our 9IAR era as well but.

The record books don't lie and I'm sure their fans won't look at it as meaningless in 10/20 years time.

I agree their failed 10IAR campaign will always be that but.

Could easily say Celtic were struggling to get their act together for our 9IAR era as well but.

The record books don't lie and I'm sure thir fans won't look at it as meaningless in 10/20 years time.

Not really - back then all the clubs we played were full time whereas when they did theirs in the 60s/70s a majority were part-time and the Souness effect had put money in everyone's pockets during our Nine and the squads they had to face were very well paid and strong compared to now.

They've also promoted shark awareness in the Great Barrier Reef so they should be feeling optimistic.

Feel free to replace Barrier.

The record books don't lie and I'm sure their fans won't look at it as meaningless in 10/20 years time.

It's meaningless to them now.

They attacked the players who won it.
That's not indicative of a support who are proud of their achievements.

That's before we even go into the fact they didn't win the league.

They lost the fear factor or should I say we smashed the fear factor out of them, the minute we looked up for the scrap again they shat it imo. Ryan Kent terrified them and we treated them with the contempt they deserve add to that Alfie's don't give a %^*& who you are attitude that was always going to come good against them.

The 16 million they have in the bank belongs to the cooperative bank for the soft loan they are servicing on low interest. They are not cash rich I would say.

But think of the great Euro nights in that time such as the maulings from Malmö, being humped by Legia Warsaw only to squeeze by on a technicality and be roundly gubbed in the next round, AEK Athens, Ferencvaros and the Danes this year.

Or indeed when they finally got to the “big time” their matches against PSG, Bayern and Barcelona being confused for cricket games on account of the scores.

Dominating a non-Rangers then Rangers-lite field? Itd be like Chelsea winning the Non-League or Real Madrid winning the Spanish Waiters Cup.

Whatever you choose to make of those titles they were all directly linked to achieving 10 which they failed to do, even with the SPFL's best efforts to assist.

As such they became meaningless as 56 became Legendary.

They’ve barely got a single team worth talking about from that entire Mickey Mouse run of stolen and gifted titles.

Back