What's your thoughts on Sakala then?

Lightning quick which is major plus and obviously can find the net when given the chance. As said in other posts very raw at times and looks to me as though will be a better instinctive finisher than if had time to think about it. Also needs to learn when to go in behind but hopefully with coaching will be a good addition.

I have also thought he would struggle against 6ft+ defenders but proved my wrong on Sunday.

I think we're too soon to judge and they should be given at least a good few months, before they're judged.

The rest of the team need to appreciate that he's not Alfie and play to his strengths, don't ask him to come short, play it in front of him and let him use his pace. Management really should have sorted this before now.
As for being 'rash' if that's another word for heading straight into the box and getting a shot away quickly I'm in favour of rashosity. We have enough fandancers.

Raw but has the attributes to cause teams all sorts of bother with his pace.

I imagine he'll be quite frustrating at times but you could see the other day he gets himself into decent scoring positions.

The rest of the team need to appreciate that he's not Alfie and play to his strengths, don't ask him to come short, play it in front of him and let him use his pace. Management really should have sorted this before now.
As for being 'rash' if that's another word for heading straight into the box and getting a shot away quickly I'm in favour of rashosity. We have enough fandancers.

I think it's more than when he does get a shooting opportunity he just smashes it. The other day he had a great chance to put it low across the keeper to the left but smashed it wide right.

Lightning quick which is major plus and obviously can find the net when given the chance. As said in other posts very raw at times and looks to me as though will be a better instinctive finisher than if had time to think about it. Also needs to learn when to go in behind but hopefully with coaching will be a good addition.

I've yet to witness this lightning pace tbh. I'm not saying he doesn't possess it, but I've seen little evidence of it.

I read somewhere that a foreign reporter prob from Belgium, he said Sakala has bags of potential and didn't expect him to come over and go straight into the team, he expected next season before he gets a good run.

Movement is a funny thing, players can look busy while achieving little.

Jelavic was a master at doing little but being as effective and efficient as any player I have seen play for us, he would generally watch a game of football happen and impact it when needed rather than chasing much down or using much energy.

Morelos at his best, which he hasn't been this season, can make things happen with his energy, he will force people to make mistakes by getting in their shit.

Sakala has the assets and pace to hurt sides, on Sunday it felt like a lot of it was wasted energy though. It was a bit early Kenny Miller for me, what are you chasing and why, has a habit of making runs that just don't look right
Is there not some crazy touches/goals ratio stat about Jelavic and something like 30 of 36 goals were single touch finishes?

Sometimes less is more and running about mad for 90 minutes can look busy but produce nothing.

Sakala looks like he needs Defoe to take him under his wing and he'll come good.

Morelos isn't static!
Well said, and the variety that Morelos has to his game is a very strong component of his ability. The outball of Morelos at times is brilliant ; his ability to bring the midfield and wide players into the play is very good.

Too early to say.
He's quick but raw, good movement but currently lacks a bit of composure in front of goal.

I've a feeling he'll do us a turn.

Important he’s got a goal early in his Ibrox career.

Ultimately he looks what he is - a gamble in the lower-middle market.

As well as his pace, he moved the ball quickly in the first half before the team reverted to slow tortuous build up in the second half.

Looks a bit raw and can be a dangerous player for us. Jury is out on his finishing, I just hope Defoe is working on that.

Don't want to be too harsh on the guy as he needs a run of games. His touch and passing needs to improve, he'll frighten defenders with his pace but needs to be more constructive and channel his strengths.

We've yet to see the best of him of course but he looks a decent prospect. Needs another start on Saturday to build confidence.

He's got potential and ability.

Needs a lot of coaching and moulding to get to the desired level.

Seen enough to believe he's the best investment in this poor transfer window.

I think he definitely has something about him. His performance against Motherwell on Sunday, while still lacking in certain areas, looked to be at the right level in terms of the danger he was posing their goal. Still think it's hard to judge how high a level he'll reach with us, but I'd say he's definitely going to be an upgrade on Itten.

Saw enough there on Sunday to make me think he'll be a regular scorer once he settles & gets up and running fully for us. Rough around the edges for me, but looks to be someone who regularly threatens the opponents goal which is exactly what we need.

Was impressed with him on Sunday, but not sure if that is because we haven't exactly been flying up front this season. He definitely seems fitter which is to be expected

I didn't expect Ronaldo in his pomp, but underwhelmed thus far. His effort on goal in the second half on Sunday was horrific - a vital miss at a crucial point in the game.

Shining light from Sunday. Few nice touches and certainly causes problems when running at opposition. Obviously still very raw and will need to adapt to play against teams that sit in. Was encouraged by his performance though

better option that itten?

Not sure yet whether he has the quality that we require.
He does look raw and clearly has potential. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

We'd see more of it if we tried to exploit it. We didn't on Sunday.

Yeah fair point, and there is sometimes little space in behind for pace to really be demonstrated.

I just don't like the whole "he's got lightning pace" narrative when the only evidence of that is we've been told he has lightning pace!

I didn't expect Ronaldo in his pomp, but underwhelmed thus far. His effort on goal in the second half on Sunday was horrific - a vital miss at a crucial point in the game.
See this.
When Alfie blootered it over the bar from 30 yards was that "horrific" and the rest? Roofe's miss?
Strikers miss chances, all strikers, that doesn't mean you have to pee your pants, dear.

My worry is our system won't suit his game. He seems to have pace in abundance but we crowd the box with very little space to run into. Had that one chance in Sunday but Davis couldn't or didn't see it. Just hope he gets his chance.
That was criminal from Davis, we should have scored in that move.

I think he definitely has something about him. His performance against Motherwell on Sunday, while still lacking in certain areas, looked to be at the right level in terms of the danger he was posing their goal. Still think it's hard to judge how high a level he'll reach with us, but I'd say he's definitely going to be an upgrade on Itten.

Saw enough there on Sunday to make me think he'll be a regular scorer once he settles & gets up and running fully for us. Rough around the edges for me, but looks to be someone who regularly threatens the opponents goal which is exactly what we need.
Definetly gives us pace and movement and will contribute but he is an entirely different style from big Ceddy who imo was more of a penalty box player who could also offer an arial threat as well as being a hold up type who would bring others into the attack.

Makes great runs and if he just slows the final bit down a little he will score loads of goals in a Rangers jersey imo

I have also thought he would struggle against 6ft+ defenders but proved my wrong on Sunday.

I think we're too soon to judge and they should be given at least a good few months, before they're judged.

The last thing I expected from Sakala was beating that hammer thrower O'Donnell in the air to score a header.

Morelos, he turns like he's pulling a caravan now, Sakala was still chasing the second half I don't know what game you were watching.
I was watching the Rangers game mate. And have watched over yesterday. Sakala (like most of our players) were hopeless in the second half.

For anyone to call Morelos static and pulling a caravan is hilarious... Ask any defender in Scotland the striker they hate playing against and it would be Morelos.

Looks raw and at times a bit erratic. Could be he’s desperate to be a success and not thinking right

He has plenty of pace and hope he can use it and get behind teams especially in Europe but in Scotland most teams will play a low block so pace in behind is normally limited

I love his enthusiasm and spirit

Hope he settles and gives us another option in front 3

His first touch is a bit suspect and you shouldn’t need a run in the team to improve your first touch. He appears a bit too excited and overwhelmed at what’s around him and probably needs to compose himself more . Otherwise he could end up being a headless chicken. Hopefully there’s a good footballer somewhere in there.

Looks like he has the drive and effort to be good for us. His chasing down is something we badly miss.

I’d like to see Wright, Morelos, Sakala up front with Roofe playing inbehind. All interchangeable. Then Kamara and Davis as the sitting 2

Yeah fair point, and there is sometimes little space in behind for pace to really be demonstrated.

I just don't like the whole "he's got lightning pace" narrative when the only evidence of that is we've been told he has lightning pace!
I’m shocked that you don’t think he’s got lightning pace

Morelos isn't static!

Hardly dynamic. He might drop deep from time to time but its almost entirely hold up based play.

My main point is that the dynamism of Sakala, Roofe, Aribo may outway the benefits of a number 9 that holds up play and remains (largely speaking) in a central, focal point postition.

Seems to have bags of enthusiasm but in all honesty, he looks like a guy who has won a competition to play for a professional football club right now.

He’s 24 and had a passable 1/4 goals ratio in the Belgian league so there’s a bit of time, and some potential, there but the expectations at this club are outrageous and the lad really has to sharpen up or he will be on the end of dogs abuse.

Would genuinely love to see him develop into a first team regular but he has a lot of growing to do.
One bright spark from recent weeks was a run that he made up the goal line towards goal and cut it back across (maybe the Lyon game?). It was good thinking and he just went for it… maybe the mythical “run of games” would help him settle - although I imagine folk would lose their heads if Morelos was dropped to enable it!

Back