Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Down 3-2 at Muirton moving into the last minute, I'm sure we either missed a penalty or had a 'goal' chalked off before Redford's last-gasp equaliser.
Wonder if anyone can clarify or maybe I'm havering?
No you are not mate. We got a goal chopped off about a minute before Redford scored the equaliser.

George Young retired in 1957.
I don't have McLeod's career records to hand. But he was always the winger my old man spoke about when it came to George Young.

He also said he remembered Young as an old man v Spain at Hampden and he didn't give Di Stefano a kick of the ba'. That must have been one of his last appearances I'd think. Certainly for Scotland.

E_bDpZaXIAM2Olo

Rangers 2-0 Celtic, Scottish Cup QF, 7th March 1964. They'd won 1-0 away from home against Slovan Bratislava to qualify for the SF of the CWC so Rangers gave them a guard of honour at Ibrox before a huge crowd of 85,000, then played them off the park to win for the 6th time in a row against them, and the 5th time in 1963/64. They would go on to lose that SF 3-4 on agg after taking a 3-0 lead into the 2nd leg in Hungary. For Rangers The Treble lay ahead:

J5z5IB9.jpg

I don't have McLeod's career records to hand. But he was always the winger my old man spoke about when it came to George Young.

He also said he remembered Young as an old man v Spain at Hampden and he didn't give Di Stefano a kick of the ba'. That must have been one of his last appearances I'd think. Certainly for Scotland.
Yup, my dad spoke often a out Young and Di Stefano and how Di Stefano said, " everytime I came through the centre I was confronted by a man mountain, I could not pass"....or words to that effect.
Memory tells me that Corky had intimated to the selectors that the return in Spain would be his international swansong......they dropped him!

Rangers 2-0 Celtic, Scottish Cup QF, 7th March 1964. They'd won 1-0 away from home against Slovan Bratislava to qualify for the SF of the CWC so Rangers gave them a guard of honour at Ibrox before a huge crowd of 85,000, then played them off the park to win for the 6th time in a row against them, and the 5th time in 1963/64. They would go on to lose that SF 3-4 on agg after taking a 3-0 lead into the 2nd leg in Hungary. For Rangers The Treble lay ahead:

J5z5IB9.jpg
Baxter doesn't look too keen on applauding them.

John Greig finishes off a move started by him in his own half by slotting home Rangers second goal into the Celtic end, January,1978. Rangers won 3-1
Always one of my favourite goals against them due to the circumstances leading to it and John Greig scoring it plus the Brucie bonus of the filth fans knocking lumps out of each other after it.
If the internet was a thing then the moonhowlers would have broken it that night

Always one of my favourite goals against them due to the circumstances leading to it and John Greig scoring it plus the Brucie bonus of the filth fans knocking lumps out of each other after it.
If the internet was a thing then the moonhowlers would have broken it that night
You can add that he was about 5 yards offside :))

It still causes rage to this day among the older moonhowlers which is satisfying
After Mr Gordon, quite rightly IMO, signalled for a bye kick and then waved played on, it was surreal seeing them heading towards our penalty area and we were heading for theirs. Not sure I agree with @dh1963 with his scurrilous statement that John Greig MBE was 5 yards offside. My recollection is that the flailing Frank Munro, who ended on his back, was playing big John onside.

After Mr Gordon, quite rightly IMO, signalled for a bye kick and then waved played on, it was surreal seeing them heading towards our penalty area and we were heading for theirs. Not sure I agree with @dh1963 with his scurrilous statement that John Greig MBE was 5 yards offside. My recollection is that the flailing Frank Munro, who ended on his back, was playing big John onside.
From memory, the great man only had that 1 defender behind him, their keeper was way out his goal.

I'll need to find the video now, in case I'm doing my hero a disservice.

Back