What's your thoughts on Sakala then?

Bit raw but a threat, direct and always looking to have a shot. He’ll do for me at the moment

I was watching the Rangers game mate. And have watched over yesterday. Sakala (like most of our players) were hopeless in the second half.

For anyone to call Morelos static and pulling a caravan is hilarious... Ask any defender in Scotland the striker they hate playing against and it would be Morelos.
I also watched again and was still working hard till he was taken off, you must have noticed the difference first half when we had players who can move and link up quicker, it's the best half we have played this season.

Bit early for me to decide,I don’t want to praise him up to highly this early and then just slag him off a few months down the line,Shows promise work in progress.

Hard to say as he hasn't played much but he reminds me a bit of Novo in that he is very unpredictable but direct. Hopefully our coaching staff can mould him into a player

he is excited, needs to relax when in a goal scoring opportunity

defoe will help him with that

trying a bit too hard when that 'moment' arrives

We need to give him a decent chance and a couple of seasons. We can't bring in promising players then write him off early. The market we are shopping in means we are very rarely getting finished articles.

I think he offers us something different albeit without a great deal of guile. I see him of more of an impact player similar to Wright.

Some folks opinions on Sakala are negatively influenced by their views on Alfie, same as Patterson and Tav. None of them are without flaws but the new boys look to be held to a higher standard.
I just hope we're not trying to coach one into being the other.

I also watched again and was still working hard till he was taken off, you must have noticed the difference first half when we had players who can move and link up quicker, it's the best half we have played this season.
I did say all our players were shit in 2nd half. Show me one time Sakala looked good in 2nd half. He was a busted flush mate... Roofe does not miss the sitter that was worse than Van Vossen then it is a different outcome.

I did say all our players were shit in 2nd half. Show me one time Sakala looked good in 2nd half. He was a busted flush mate... Roofe does not miss the sitter that was worse than Van Vossen then it is a different outcome.
You are really trying hard to denigrate a player with only his second start for us its poor form.

Too early to tell. Flashes of good things but he might often try too hard . Tends to lash at shots but hopefully the coaching staff will sort that out. We'll see.

seen enough in the first half - especially with his link up play and pace, coupled with his partnerships with Aribo/Roofe, that we could have a real player there. More importantly, we could have a better front three balance.

Potential that Morelos, as a failry static, target man, number 9, may struggle to fit into a more technical, fast and dynamic front three.
Can’t agree and I think Morelos running and work in the channels could suit playing Sakala in behind defences

Once he is up to speed in terms of fitness and understands what the management and club are all about i think he will be dynamite. We can't expect every player to come in and hit ground running.

I'm hard to please when it comes to some signings and Sakala just isn't going to be the answer. Not his fault but he won't last long.
If we have real ambition we need a proper clear out, not one or 2 every window.

The early judgements on him are a symptom of our inability to make a big sale and therefore cement the Buy, Develop and Sell model.

If we were doing that regularly, there would be trust in the process with most players. We know we'll make them better and move them on for good money but that's not happening.

People need to remember the Kent and Kamara we have now were not the ones that arrived. Kamara in particular had a lot of detractors for nearly a year.

I also think a lot of the fans are just furious about the transfer window and the likes of him and Lundstram are taking a lot of the vitriol.

Initial thoughts :

I quite like him. He will be a useful player when he's played a settled amount of games and used to our system.

He's no Morelos though. That's my gripe, because one day Morelos will go and we just aren't the same team without him. Roofe is good on his day, murder when it's not his day and Sakala whom I like just isn't Morelos.
That has pros as well as the obvious cons. Surely our coaches can come up with tactics to exploit the differences.

Likeable lad, very raw , lashes at shots , has a lot of pace, hopefully he can be coached to be a better player. Sums it up for me.

With the right coaching and guidance he can be a good striker for us I think. Just needs to stop over trying sometimes.

I think he offers us something different albeit without a great deal of guile. I see him of more of an impact player similar to Wright.

This.

Has the pace and unpredictability to worry defenders but not sure he'll bolster our attack that much in terms of goals.

What static strikers is that?

As for Sakala, had a great first half and ran out of steam second half. Maybe fitness the issue.
I agree. We don't have static strikers. Buff drags defenders all over the shop, Roofe moves into spaces and Fash with his pace has defences bricking it.

He offers something different but also looks a bit rash at times.

I'd like to see this v Dundee on Saturday..

Roofe_______Morelos_______Sakala
If Roofe can get closer to his top form that would be a scaring looking proposition for Dundee defenders

We should start with sakala, Morelos and roofe as the front three against Dundee. Sakala gives us that pace option up top that can get over the top of the defence
The only time we get the chance to play the ball over the top is against the scum and in Europe. Won't happen against Dundee.

The way we play we need a tall, powerful CF that can head the ball.

Initial thoughts :

I quite like him. He will be a useful player when he's played a settled amount of games and used to our system.

He's no Morelos though. That's my gripe, because one day Morelos will go and we just aren't the same team without him. Roofe is good on his day, murder when it's not his day and Sakala whom I like just isn't Morelos.

Comparing apples and oranges.

The only time we get the chance to play the ball over the top is against the scum and in Europe. Won't happen against Dundee.

Got in behind Livi plenty at the weekend...

I like what I see so far, not sure how much impact he will have in Scotland consistently when playing against teams camping out in their own box but I can see him doing well in europe for us.

At least I hope so because he seems like a genuinely nice fella.

Comparing apples and oranges.

Got in behind Livi plenty at the weekend...
The type of player we are going to have to get used to signing ,unknown free tansfers from bog standard euro clubs until we get some champions league money.

Sits on the shoulder. Once midfield release ball he’ll do well. Sakala, Roofe and Alf all different and all a threat!! Bring it on!!!!

Goldson regularly plays balls over the top to kent, him and Wright connected the last game as well. And he connects quite regularly, was a tactic we utilised all of last season.

I think he will do quite well for us. It must be hard for him coming into the team at a time when things are not working as well as they should. Could mean he feels he has to be the one to change things resulting in him trying too hard. I'm happy Defoe is behind the scenes to mentor him.

Nope, not true and we'd get more if our first instinct was to play forward rather than retain possession by going inside and across. SPL CBs want to play against tall, powerful CFs.

I love his energy, endeavour and attitude. Rapid and likes an early shot. He surprised me by showing he was capable against a parked and physical bus and by nicking a poachers goal. Lots more to come from Fashion.

So weird joining a forum where people talk about football then being somehow mock offended when people bother to speak about people.

can tell some people who post on here have never been near a supporters bus or boozer on a match day.

So weird joining a forum where people talk about football then being somehow mock offended when people bother to speak about people.

can tell some people who post on here have never been near a supporters bus or boozer on a match day.
Yes, you are the only real Rangers supporter here.:)):)):))

Play 2 up top with him and Roofe tomorrow. Get Hagi behind them or Bacuna. See how they do. First half against Motherwell we were getting through them with nice touches and 1-2's.

Love to see both wb's changed too and freshen it up.

Back