Ryan Jack must be close to a return now. Surely?

Major rebuild is on the cards this summer that I hope we're well into planning for. All likelihood need a new Keeper, 2 new CHs at least. 2 new central midfielders at least possibly 3 if Jack doesn't make a full comeback. 4 if Kamara is sold.

Next two summers are massive. Look at the players out of contract. McGregor, McLaughlin, Goldson, Balogun, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Kent, Morelos, Defoe to name a few.

Yes. Goldson, Balogun, Davis and Arfield and I think Barker from memory. Alfie and Kamara into their last year of their deals. We've got a big decisions and a big job this summer. Really need the CL to help with it imo.
I think mcgregor and Davis will finish up at the end of the season,Balogun has said he wants to play in Germany , I think Arfield will leave so certainly a minimum of 5 or 6 squad places needing replaced. We won’t get stung with Kamara or Alfie they’ll sign new deals or be sold

What is it that folk don’t understand about our finances?

We can’t afford to go out and buy players at x amount of million and won’t be doing so in January.

We brought in 3 midfielders in Ofoborh, Lundstram and Bacuna, we’ve been unlucky with Ofoborh, jury is out with Lundstram and Bacuna unknown at the moment.

We’ve been struggling all over the park since the season began, our 1 touch pass and move, high pressing game has disappeared.

We look lethargic and uninterested at times which is worrying. We don’t become a bad team overnight, seems like a lack of confidence all over and Gerrard needs to sort it out quickly as winning this league is more important financially than 55.

Staggering the amount of posts saying to get rid of Jacko.

He's a tremendous midfielder and on his game he's proper baller.

Really he hopes he kicks on when he comes back and gets a good run of seasons.
Think we have just seen this movie too many times.
He may make a valiant effort at a comeback, but likely scenario is he manages the odd few games and doesn't reach previous levels of performance.

Staggering the amount of posts saying to get rid of Jacko.

He's a tremendous midfielder and on his game he's proper baller.

Really he hopes he kicks on when he comes back and gets a good run of seasons.
I completely disagree with anyone saying that we should get rid, but you can be 100% sure that anyone who does think that isn’t basing it on his ability.

The fundamental problem is that when he is back he won't always be available as presumably we will still be "managing" his knee injury (I think) caused by that maniac that played for Motherwell a few years back

So if an when he comes back, is he gonna be another player we have to manage and rotate in and out the side?
We won't get far with too many of these players.

7-10 days.
I wish we would hear something definitive from the club about Jack's injury status. I think his presence has been sorely missed in the midfield. Speaking of which, since both Davis and Arfield are unlikely to be back next season, a major re-build will be required in the summer. I know nothing about Oroforth, Lundstram IMO, is at best adequate, which makes it all the more important that Jack can make it back to full fitness. Still on the subject of the midfield, I was particularly disappointed that we passed on signing McCann - at circa 1 mil he was a steal. As a young player already familiar with the SPL, and still with room to develop, he would have been a good player to bring off the bench or to start in certain games.

Last edited:
Don't think we'll see him this side of the new year.

Might be worth it if he goes from January to May uninjured.

The fundamental problem is that when he is back he won't always be available as presumably we will still be "managing" his knee injury (I think) caused by that maniac that played for Motherwell a few years back
Ah yes.
The one Murthy never saw any harm or malice in, and dismissed entirely.
Prick.

I was particularly disappointed that we passed on signing McCann - at circa 1 mil he was a steal. As a young player already familiar with the SPL, and still with room to develop, he would have been a good player to bring off the bench or to start in certain games.

We don't have circa £1 million fee to gamble with. Missing out on the champions league cash this season fucked any transfer plans we had.

Reactions: TN8
We have to accept this is his last season as he’s cost us monies, although good, he’s far too injury prone, like others we’ve had in the past.

Our recovery rate with injuries has been dreadful for as long as I can remember.

Ryan Jack playing those game in succession for Scotland has effectively put him out of the game. When we see him return is anyone's guess

Time to cut him loose. Decent player but we can’t carry players who will spend half the season out injured every year
Agree with you there , hope I am wrong but doubtful if he will play again regularly, in his first game back depending on who we play they are going to test him with a few strong tackles. Get him fit and move him on.

The information we all got from the gaffer after Ryan’s surgery was they had fixed the long term issue that was causing him to miss so many games. I haven’t seen anything other than rumour to say this isn’t true.

When an athlete is out injured for a lengthy period there can be we’d set backs on the way. Very common for wee strains and niggles as they build back up to peak fitness.

Any facts we have support the view he is on his way back. So this whole thread is based on absolutely no facts at all.

To those suggesting we let him go suppose you would have been saying the same about Barasic the first summer he was here.

Jack is a fantastic player that is returning from injury. Until we know different this thread is full of hot air.

Reactions: dmg
We need to just focus on this season and the players who are available. The club will know full well our contracts situation over the next 2 years. The landscape changes completely by winning the league and thus qualifying automatically for the CL.

Remember Rangers players get better while they are out injured and Ryan Jack has been out a while now so he's probably over taken Ngolo Kante by now!
That isn't really a fair comment on Ryan Jack, last season he played his best football, and has become a better player each season; your comment also ignores the praise of Gerrard, which makes it even more incredible. I normally enjoy reading your posts much of the time, but surprised you've put Jack into that cliche about players who are out injured.

The information we all got from the gaffer after Ryan’s surgery was they had fixed the long term issue that was causing him to miss so many games. I haven’t seen anything other than rumour to say this isn’t true.

When an athlete is out injured for a lengthy period there can be we’d set backs on the way. Very common for wee strains and niggles as they build back up to peak fitness.

Any facts we have support the view he is on his way back. So this whole thread is based on absolutely no facts at all.

To those suggesting we let him go suppose you would have been saying the same about Barasic the first summer he was here.

Jack is a fantastic player that is returning from injury. Until we know different this thread is full of hot air.
The surgery was for his calf injury (an operation on his back). It was nothing to do with his knee. It was discussed on Heart and Hand a few weeks back.

I think Jack is great but worry that he is just not going to be what we need, in terms of availability, long term

Back