MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 19:45 Wednesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gerrard has said he won’t make the same mistakes again in terms of resting players for cups and he’s determined to win cups moving forward. He said if he could change anything about last year he wouldn’t have rested so many players against St Mirren. So I see him playing pretty much our strongest team and then make subs if we go 2-0 or 3-0 up.

Main things I'm keen to see tonight obviously along with a win is make better decisions in the final third and please stop playing high diagonal balls into the box. Back to the nice fast paced incisive one/two touch football that we were playing last season please.

Only one acceptable result tonight - win. Gerrard's cup record for us has been nothing short a disgrace. Only reached Hampden twice out of 6 attempts, and only 1 final.

It needs to all change tonight. Not hiding the fact that I'll be hugely disappointed if we aren't lifting that trophy come December.

There's no excuses really when you have 2 home games, and 2 games at Hampden to lift a trophy & our only credible opposition for the trophy are a shambles this season.
Very poor, last season especially

Another game and another packed defense to break through, take the chances when they come and we will be fine. The earlier the better.
Get a good ht lead and use some bench players.
Hampden hear we come .

Certainly hoping to see Bacuna and Sakala in from the start. They need games.

Davis needs a rest. Would be amazed if he starts.

Can’t make tonight but my loss is someone else’s gain. My mate who I travel to games with is taking his son to his first ever match at Ibrox.

agree - Bacuna looked like he was willing to take a shot and prod away at through balls so I’d start him tonight.

probably lundstram too

and hagi

joe m
Patterson
Goldson
Simpson
Bassey
JL
Bacuna
Kamara
Hagi
Alfie
Fashion

Fully expecting this to be the usual 10 men behind the ball scenario with us dominating possession and struggling to break them down.. hope I’m wrong and we rattle in a couple of early goals to set us of on a goal fest.

Tough ole game this I reckon, they'll be on a high from the weekend but if we score from the chances we create then we should be out of sight. I'll take any win as the Cup's are important this Season along with retaining the Title. 3-0 WATP

Last edited:
Bacuna starting ?

Would love to see us with just one holding midfielder and rest Davis for an extra attacking player who is eager to impress

That wasn't the point of what I replied to.

Cup record isn't good enough, i don't think anybody can argue that, but given the importance of the finances of winning the league, a cup game is never more important than a league game nowadays (unless it's after we have the league won, of course)
I agreed with your post and was taking the chance to have a pop at another ridiculous, hyperbolic statement on here.

I agree with your position entirely. Should have used a smiley.

I reckon he will go -

Mcglaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Simpson
Bassey

Aribo
Lundstram
Kamara

Wright
Sakala
Hagi
I’d be fine with that.

Good mix of freshening it up and playing a strong team. Resting key guys who we need to take the opportunity to rest when possible. Rewarding guys who are playing well and not just always playing the same guys who always play regardless of form.

I can see this being a (fairly) comfortable win, possibly 2 or 3 - 0. But it'll still be a crap match. Great football and Livingston are rarely seen on the same pitch

Far from shocking mate.
6 full internationalists.

There's players in our squad that deserve some game time and this is a perfect opportunity for them.

Martindale has already hinted that Livi will play a weakened side, as league points are the priority for them.
No way they will field a weakened side in the QF.
Gerrard has said he won’t make the same mistakes again in terms of resting players for cups and he’s determined to win cups moving forward. He said if he could change anything about last year he wouldn’t have rested so many players against St Mirren. So I see him playing pretty much our strongest team and then make subs if we go 2-0 or 3-0 up.
And I agree with him.

Looking for a positive performance tonight. On the front foot from the off. Through to next round and no more fecking injuries.

4-0 to the good guys. Front 3 going to click some time, why not tonight.

5 subs in the cup is a blessing to get folk like Hagi, Bacuna minutes. Barker might even get a run out!

A weirdly strong team. If guys like Bacuna can’t get a start in games like tonight that are at the very bottom of our priority list then %^*& knows when they’re going to play.

Should be 3/4-0 tonight with that team out. Hope their exertions tonight don’t cause more silly dropped points at the weekend though.

Not the midfield I wanted to see. Expect more stuffy passing, inability to find a creative forward pass.

Very much hope I’m wrong though!

Back