Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Just a suggestion.

I know this was an attempt to compress a lot of information into a powerful short sharp focus piece to get the message out there and across as succinctly as possible. A social media soundbite if you will. And it certainly achieves that goal.

However, I think with P#1, sometimes there's not enough made of the fact that he was a very young guy with absolutely no experience in football, either playing or coaching, whatsoever that I've ever heard (Can he even kick a ball? I doubt it.) A very strange person to be sanctioned, with full support (and funds?) from CFC to establish a youth feeder team (and coach them). Very strange indeed.

It makes no sporting sense whatsoever. Therefore it would seem the original aim of it's creation had very little to with developing young players, or set up with the kids interests at heart, even if it did go on to have some success. Ironically probably only because of it's inextricable links to the parent club, the denial of which, now being their only defence against the indefensible.

Now whether the incentive was purely a financial one, to ensure money could flow out of CFC's coffers into the trophy centre, via CBC (medals, trophies etc), and ultimately into the pockets of those running the club(s), which for me is a given (no doubt about it in my mind whatsoever), or, as I suspect, for some at least, there were also more sinister reasons for it's inception on top of the obvious monetary ones, this pertinent information about the complete lack of suitablility of the founder (and the first offender from whom everything else originates) is crucial and hard hitting information that everyone should be made aware of, as frequently as possible and not glossed over.

For me this is no side issue or curiousity, but rather it's front and centre of the whole tragedy. It's an Aha! head shaker moment for anyone confronted with it, realising the foundation upon which everything else was built, and the trunk from which all the other branches have grown, was planted in some very suspect soil from the very outset. It hints at premeditation and shady, murky, sinister selfish motives, rather than the organisation just being the unlucky casualty of a series of crimes of opportunity and random unscrupulous employees. It turns potential victim imposters into the perpetrators and colluders, that they most likely are. Whether that's directly in the sexual crimes themselves, or as enablers, either way, in order to keep hidden their own indiscretions. In short, it just doesn't make much sense unless there was something fishy going on from the very start, which continued to be perpetuated during the decades thereafter.

Perhaps others disagree, but I would be hammering home the bizarre conception of CBC and it's unlikely founder at every opportunity. He just happens to be a P with no competence or proficiency for the job at hand? As were so many that were employed since? Nah. It's a key part of the jigsaw. And perhaps just as importantly, it's a real instant eye opener for the reader, from which everything transpiring subsequently, makes a lot more sense and becomes far more plausible (for any who might think it's just too improbable to believe and who could blame them?). Because let's face it. To most, this cover up really is unbelievable in it's scale and levels of depravity and conspiracy of silence. Most of us can't get our heads round it, never mind those newly introduced to the subject. Yet sadly, here we are.

I don't know what the spotlight guys have unearther or uncovered, but I'd certainly like to know a lot more about the connections, both business and personal, between all the founding parties at CFC and CBC around the time of and before it's creation. I think that would make very interesting reading indeed.

Mr Kelly seems to have developed selective memory loss.....let's remind him....

It's common knowledge both Kelly and McGinn were Directors of Torbetts Trophy Centre(with McGinn using his wife as a front)

They were all friends.....so friendly they covered up their "friends" child abuse at the club.

Kelly also had other "friends" which included notorious paedophile Jimmy Saville and his best friend Father Denis O'Connell who was also a paedophile and the Disgraced Cardinal Keith O'Brien.

Mr Kelly kept company and has been pictured with now known sex offenders.

Makes you wonder if Kelly was more involved in this?

Was Tommy Burns abused himself?
If anything comes out, well more than what we already know about him that will be the crash barriers and MSM excuse. If it was true that he suffered from these predators it does not excuse his actions in standing up for Cairney. What was it, “ the whole Celtic family are behind him” something like that anyway. Like the Poster said a few posts ago, I also hate when our ex players say how wonderful he was.

Was Tommy Burns abused himself?

It'll be interesting to see what comes out with regards to Burns.

I know a boy who played with Celtic for years and said he was the nicest guy you'll ever mate, same goes for the likes of McCoist and Walter etc.

When I applied for my pension they knew I had worked abroad for a year back in 1980. Your national insurance records and missing years are all on file.
P1 had his own business and would have had a NI record of it.

P2 has admitted being paid £100 pw to run CBC and I posted a piece on Andy Ritchie a few pages back where he also is on record agreeing with Burns on the sum of £100 pw to run CBC

How they were paid is the question...was it through the books or a cash in hand arrangement?

Just a suggestion.

I know this was an attempt to compress a lot of information into a powerful short sharp focus piece to get the message out there and across as succinctly as possible. A social media soundbite if you will. And it certainly achieves that goal.

However, I think with P#1, sometimes there's not enough made of the fact that he was a very young guy with absolutely no experience in football, either playing or coaching, whatsoever that I've ever heard (Can he even kick a ball? I doubt it.) A very strange person to be sanctioned, with full support (and funds?) from CFC to establish a youth feeder team (and coach them). Very strange indeed.

It makes no sporting sense whatsoever. Therefore it would seem the original aim of it's creation had very little to with developing young players, or set up with the kids interests at heart, even if it did go on to have some success. Ironically probably only because of it's inextricable links to the parent club, the denial of which, now being their only defence against the indefensible.

Now whether the incentive was purely a financial one, to ensure money could flow out of CFC's coffers into the trophy centre, via CBC (medals, trophies etc), and ultimately into the pockets of those running the club(s), which for me is a given (no doubt about it in my mind whatsoever), or, as I suspect, for some at least, there were also more sinister reasons for it's inception on top of the obvious monetary ones, this pertinent information about the complete lack of suitablility of the founder (and the first offender from whom everything else originates) is crucial and hard hitting information that everyone should be made aware of, as frequently as possible and not glossed over.

For me this is no side issue or curiousity, but rather it's front and centre of the whole tragedy. It's an Aha! head shaker moment for anyone confronted with it, realising the foundation upon which everything else was built, and the trunk from which all the other branches have grown, was planted in some very suspect soil from the very outset. It hints at premeditation and shady, murky, sinister selfish motives, rather than the organisation just being the unlucky casualty of a series of crimes of opportunity and random unscrupulous employees. It turns potential victim imposters into the perpetrators and colluders, that they most likely are. Whether that's directly in the sexual crimes themselves, or as enablers, either way, in order to keep hidden their own indiscretions. In short, it just doesn't make much sense unless there was something fishy going on from the very start, which continued to be perpetuated during the decades thereafter.

Perhaps others disagree, but I would be hammering home the bizarre conception of CBC and it's unlikely founder at every opportunity. He just happens to be a P with no competence or proficiency for the job at hand? As were so many that were employed since? Nah. It's a key part of the jigsaw. And perhaps just as importantly, it's a real instant eye opener for the reader, from which everything transpiring subsequently, makes a lot more sense and becomes far more plausible (for any who might think it's just too improbable to believe and who could blame them?). Because let's face it. To most, this cover up really is unbelievable in it's scale and levels of depravity and conspiracy of silence. Most of us can't get our heads round it, never mind those newly introduced to the subject. Yet sadly, here we are.

I don't know what the spotlight guys have unearther or uncovered, but I'd certainly like to know a lot more about the connections, both business and personal, between all the founding parties at CFC and CBC around the time of and before it's creation. I think that would make very interesting reading indeed.
Excellent post mate.
Reference your last paragraph, then I have to revert you back to my previous posts.
We have material that goes back to the 60’s. We also hold material that hasn’t been seen before and will come out in due course. We have all the connections and a lot more.
It’s actually frustrating for us sometimes to watch posters guessing. Please believe there is nothing more we would like than to release everything but this has to be done correctly and will be.
I get posters contacting me privately asking for more information.
I apologise but we will not release anything outside the Spotlight team or our associates on what we are currently working on or have unearthed. Apologists have come for us before and they’ll come again and this is the main reason nothing leaves the Spotlight team.
I will say this. Spotlight is well prepared for what’s coming. Everything is lined up ready to go and has been for a few months. Unfortunately a certain court case has halted this but only for the moment. I’ll repeat again, we cannot give these beasts any chance of getting off on a technicality. This is why we will hold it for after the trials.
Again, all we can say about the court cases is things are moving in the right direction. I can’t go any further on this.

Celtic are using the exact same tactics as the catholic Church in Ireland, I met an older guy in the Burlington Hotel in Dublin years ago, he was at a Xmas night out and I as usual was over seeing family, he told me that he had been abused by the church and he spoke of how he supported celtic because he was Irish and Catholic as a child, he changed to a Rangers fan after he seen the links between the Irish Catholic Church, ira, celtic and child abuse.

He told me that he was involved in groups who were abused by the catholic Church and had been in newspapers and media speaking out about what they had done to him and others, he said that celtic would use the same tactics as the church and go after the victims and anyone who spoke out about it, they would try and make out that people who opposed their paedophilia where bigots, I actually argued with him that the media in Scotland wouldn't allow this, I was absolutely wrong.

Last edited:
Celtic are using the exact same tactics as the catholic Church in Ireland, I met an older guy in the Burlington Hotel in Dublin years ago, he was at a Xmas night out and I as usual was over seeing family, he told me that he had been abused by the church and he spoke of how he supported celtic because he was Irish and Catholic as a child, he changed to a Rangers fan after he seen the links between the Irish Catholic Church, ira and celtic and child abuse.

He told me that he was involved in groups who were abused by the catholic Church and had been in newspapers and media speaking out about what they had done to him and others, he said that celtic would use the same tactics as the church and go after the victims and anyone who spoke out about it, they would try and make out that people who opposed their paedophilia where bigots, I actually argued with him that the media in Scotland wouldn't allow this, I was absolutely wrong.
I agree about some in the Scottish media but not all. Like the SNP, the Scottish media is definitely riddled with apologists that put a football club before humanity. We’ve experienced this first hand. We even had one journalist who wasn’t interested and was openly looking for a bigotry angle. That individual was told where to go.

Excellent post mate.
Reference your last paragraph, then I have to revert you back to my previous posts.
We have material that goes back to the 60’s. We also hold material that hasn’t been seen before and will come out in due course. We have all the connections and a lot more.
It’s actually frustrating for us sometimes to watch posters guessing. Please believe there is nothing more we would like than to release everything but this has to be done correctly and will be.
I get posters contacting me privately asking for more information.
I apologise but we will not release anything outside the Spotlight team or our associates on what we are currently working on or have unearthed. Apologists have come for us before and they’ll come again and this is the main reason nothing leaves the Spotlight team.
I will say this. Spotlight is well prepared for what’s coming. Everything is lined up ready to go and has been for a few months. Unfortunately a certain court case has halted this but only for the moment. I’ll repeat again, we cannot give these beasts any chance of getting off on a technicality. This is why we will hold it for after the trials.
Again, all we can say about the court cases is things are moving in the right direction. I can’t go any further on this.
Completely aware and supportive of your current position regards release of information.

But my post, albeit in my usual long winded, bloated style, was merely an attempt to highlight what I thought was missed opportunities to really stress that P#1 was in no way, shape or form, someone appropriately qualified to found and coach any youth football team, never mind one with such lofty connections and yet that's exactly the remit he was afforded. From a so called 'elite professional' institution no less. A fact that hits home hard with me every time I consider it.

But if, as I suspect you may be inferring, that you aren't really addressing this directly right now, due to it's relationship to as yet unreleased information, so as to perhaps maximise it's impact once all the facts are known together in entirety, then message received.

As ever, good hunting. And you know where I (and no doubt countless others) are, should you require anything.

I agree about some in the Scottish media but not all. Like the SNP, the Scottish media is definitely riddled with apologists that put a football club before humanity. We’ve experienced this first hand. We even had one journalist who wasn’t interested and was openly looking for a bigotry angle. That individual was told where to go.
It's the one's who control the output, I've noticed the guy at the Times leads and some of the Scottish media follows, they rarely these days lead with what's going on.

It would be interesting to see the difference in reporting between one club using a tax system that 5,000 other companies used, including some who turnover billions each year and a football club who has abused children, I'm positive they typed more negative stories about the tax scheme than actual child abuse.

Mr Kelly seems to have developed selective memory loss.....let's remind him....

It's common knowledge both Kelly and McGinn were Directors of Torbetts Trophy Centre(with McGinn using his wife as a front)

They were all friends.....so friendly they covered up their "friends" child abuse at the club.

Kelly also had other "friends" which included notorious paedophile Jimmy Saville and his best friend Father Denis O'Connell who was also a paedophile and the Disgraced Cardinal Keith O'Brien.

Mr Kelly kept company and has been pictured with now known sex offenders.

Makes you wonder if Kelly was more involved in this?
I've no doubt Kelly Is upto his filthy neck in this, it's fvcking amazing how each and everyone has kept quiet ..... Must be the Celtic Way we keep hearing about

Completely aware and supportive of your current position regards release of information.

But my post, albeit in my usual long winded, bloated style, was merely an attempt to highlight what I thought was missed opportunities to really stress that P#1 was in no way, shape or form, someone appropriately qualified to found and coach any youth football team, never mind one with such lofty connections and yet that's exactly the remit he was afforded. From a so called 'elite professional' institution no less. A fact that hits home hard with me every time I consider it.

But if, as I suspect you may be inferring, that you aren't really addressing this directly right now, due to it's relationship to as yet unreleased information, so as to perhaps maximise it's impact once all the facts are known together in entirety, then message received.

As ever, good hunting. And you know where I (and no doubt countless others) are, should you require anything.
What we have hasn’t been seen yet and nothing will be missed.
Apologies if that sounds a little abrupt as it’s not meant to be. The simple fact is that there’s not much more we can say at the minute. I can assure you that nothing has or will be missed.

It's the one's who control the output, I've noticed the guy at the Times leads and some of the Scottish media follows, they rarely these days lead with what's going on.

It would be interesting to see the difference in reporting between one club using a tax system that 5,000 other companies used, including some who turnover billions each year and a football club who has abused children, I'm positive they typed more negative stories about the tax scheme than actual child abuse.
It’s no secret that we work with certain journalists. Adrian Goldberg with our permission mentioned us in his end credits in his film. Our research is used by many. Including lazy journalists that visit this thread.
In next few months we will hear more heartbreaking stories.
Please remember the victims and families throughout this. That’s what started Spotlight. Listening to the heartbreaking and life changing stories. So we went digging. I’m so glad we did. The world has to know what happened at that club. It will come.

It’s no secret that we work with certain journalists. Adrian Goldberg with our permission mentioned us in his end credits in his film. Our research is used by many. Including lazy journalists that visit this thread.
Please remember the victims and families throughout this. That’s what started Spotlight. Listening to the heartbreaking and life changing stories. So we went digging. I’m so glad we did. The world has to know what happened at that club. It will come.
I understand completely that you and others are the good guys.

The world has to know what happened at that club. It will come.

Thanks to you and the Spotlight team, the world will know.

Just a suggestion.

What a post!

Posters should be aware the team are under legal constraints in what they can say and post at the moment due to ongoing live cases.

Like everyone else I want to see justice for the victims and their families.

I'm not privy to all that Spotlight have but they have shown enough thus far to bury that mhob.

Be patient and let the law run its course

I’ve just completed watching ‘Revelation’ by Sarah Ferguson an Australian journalist in regards to peadophile priests. I’m sick to my stomach watching it, where these monsters partly attempt push guilt onto their victims, backed by the RC church. SF has been very brave to go after these people, I can only commend the investigative journalism in that. The very type of journalism that’s missing in this warped country of ours. Can I ask if Spotlight has tried to establish contact with SF to see if the story of CSA at CFC by extension of what she’s already investigated and broadcast? I’m sure the answer would be yes considering how thorough SL are, but thought I’d ask?

That mob have an iron grip on televised news media in Scotland.

That Adrian Goldberg's documentary regarding that horrible club wasn't shown on BBC Scotland or STV says it all.

Is Clare Fulton, daughter of “I have no knowledge of the past” Kevin Kelly still a senior editor at the BBC ?

What other relatives do those involved have in the media ?

Hopefully he is named and shamed sooner than later.

I get your point HB , although it was RCs here in Scotland that I had mainly in mind , mostly supporters of CFC who are not supporting the victims one bit and yes the Scottish Government are a disgrace for ignoring the pleas of those who have suffered in one way or another at the hands of these monsters but you are right to point out the stand the Irish community have taken to condemn the actions of some of their clergy among other offenders .
A very good friend of mine, a former RC, says there are generally two types of Catholic - "there are Catholics, and then there are celtc Catholics - a different breed entirely".

I come in here to catch up on developments as this horrendous story unfolds. I often feel sadness and anger when i read the survivors stories and how they are treated by the media and apologists within the MSM, Politicians and wider society.
Given the evidence uncovered by the team, it blows my mind when I see what the survivors and their families have to go through today just to be heard and believed. I hope one day they will see justice served and from that will find some sort of comfort and peace.

To the Spotlight team - for what it’s worth - as an outsider looking in and as a father of 3, it’s important you know, i and many others are in complete awe of what you and the team have achieved so far. Im so thankful that there are people like you prepared to stand up and do what you do, an example to us all. Thank you and keep fighting.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this latest 'anti-Catholic' and 'anti-Irish racism' hysteria we are seeing will also have an aim of silencing any mention of these sexual predators and their obvious and direct links with celtic and other high ranking individuals in positions of power within the Catholic church, the police, the judiciary, the media and of course Parliament. Every survivor deserves better than this, Scotland really is a disgrace.

I come in here to catch up on developments as this horrendous story unfolds. I often feel sadness and anger when i read the survivors stories and how they are treated by the media and apologists within the MSM, Politicians and wider society.
Given the evidence uncovered by the team, it blows my mind when I see what the survivors and their families have to go through today just to be heard and believed. I hope one day they will see justice served and from that will find some sort of comfort and peace.

To the Spotlight team - for what it’s worth - as an outsider looking in and as a father of 3, it’s important you know, i and many others are in complete awe of what you and the team have achieved so far. Im so thankful that there are people like you prepared to stand up and do what you do, an example to us all. Thank you and keep fighting.

Well said sir. Our gratitude to the team can never be taken for granted.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this latest 'anti-Catholic' and 'anti-Irish racism' hysteria we are seeing will also have an aim of silencing any mention of these sexual predators and their obvious and direct links with celtic and other high ranking individuals in positions of power within the Catholic church, the police, the judiciary, the media and of course Parliament. Every survivor deserves better than this, Scotland really is a disgrace.
Your last sentence is spot on mate. Normaly I would have agreed with the rest but from what I have seen to date, I have every confidence the people we have working in the back ground won’t allow this to happen.

I've no doubt Kelly Is upto his filthy neck in this, it's fvcking amazing how each and everyone has kept quiet ..... Must be the Celtic Way we keep hearing about

I recall reading a piece by Davie Provo where he was commenting on a potential signing(may have been McGinn) and how the story was rattling around the back pages of every paper and he stated at the end in his own words...

"These things should be done in private... the celtic way"

This is not a new thing and has been going on for years at the piggery and Provo seems to be well versed in the practice.

The Celtic "omerta"

Is Clare Fulton, daughter of “I have no knowledge of the past” Kevin Kelly still a senior editor at the BBC ?

What other relatives do those involved have in the media ?
She sure is mate I'm afraid and we also have a relative on Radio Clyde in Mark Guidi who along with Hugh Keevins have decided to keep quiet with what they know .
They and more like them should be afraid, very afraid they will be named and shamed when the time is right every last stinking one of them .... Shame on them

We won’t stop until the truth is out.

Every one of you are amazing people.
We’re really not mate. We’re all just normal people that got together because something is far wrong here.
Yes, sometimes it takes its toll but not one of us will give up.

Something else I’d just like to say. Spotlight have obviously shown print from their own club newspaper. Now obviously this can be found by anyone that goes digging, but what we have is more. We hold documents that have never been seen. We know things that some think we don’t.
I also would like to say something to the posters that say nothing will come of this. You might be right but the progress we’ve made in the past 3 years is actually astounding. Shocking in fact. Please can I remind you that victims and their families sometimes view this thread and it’s not really nice for them to see negative posts.
Hopefully the day will come where we can hand our research to a full independent public inquiry. If not, then we will show it one way or another.

Back