Stadium Wifi - not fit for purpose

KinkyAfro

Doesn’t work. Clearly can’t cope with the demand.

Their can’t be many big clubs who have as poor technological infrastructure as us. The ticketing website/procedures followed by this waste of time.
Things like these shouldn’t be an issue but it appears we’re running everything from a Spectrum ZX or maybe a Commodore 64 at a push :(:rolleyes:

Not good enough.

I think that it’s improved quite a bit ( still not perfect)

I’ve been able to send messages and check other scores not a problem. Maybe nobody uses it in GR1 B-)

Works fine during the match, doesn't work before or at half time, only trason I know is because all my WhatsApp messages start to ping through a few mins into the 2nd half!

Worked fine for me except the Armenian game, couldn't get on that night.

Doesn't work on the concourse.

Abandoned even attempting to use it.

Phone stays in my pocket and if anyone dies whilst I’m at the game I find out once I’m home and my signal returns.

Strangely, I see wee guys and lassies who manage to facetime and all sorts for the duration of the match. Must have a personal phone mast tucked down their massive Balenciagas.

Wi fi is fine is 5g enabled and I've not had any issues.

However is like any free WiFi you need to sign up to register the usage agreement with sky I think who provide it then when you first come back into stadium click on the WiFi to reconnect is it says no Internet connection.

I had no issues with it last night,in fact it was extremely fast.

You have to register then log in which takes all of five minutes but once you are it's very quick.

Surprised to hear that others are struggling with it.

I have tried to log in at every game in the Copland Front and it hasn't worked once.

it shows up on the list of wi-fi's along with Matchday photographers, but thats as far as ive got with it

Is there anything people on here don't moan about? Constant negative threads on all things rangers and the only thing that entertains some, is what's going on at parkhead.

Abandoned even attempting to use it.

Phone stays in my pocket and if anyone dies whilst I’m at the game I find out once I’m home and my signal returns.

Strangely, I see wee guys and lassies who manage to facetime and all sorts for the duration of the match. Must have a personal phone mast tucked down their massive Balenciagas.
See your second paragraph, I remember you used to get messages on the scoreboard through some matches saying for example:

"Could Papa_Sasac please contact the nearest steward" or have a car registration and then saying return to your vehicle. Has this stopped? Random I know.

Can't remember seeing it in years.

There's nothing wrong with the WiFi. I only go on it at half time when it's probably at it's busiest and my signal is great.

Maybe some people need better phones B-)

Why does anyone need WiFi at the football anyway?
Nobody needs WiFi - the same as nobody needs a pie, fag or half charger.

Would be nice to check the scores at HT, though. Or, swatch FF pre-match.

As you say though, not essential.

Sat in the GF5 for the Lyon game and GR3 for the Alashkert game both couldn’t get a signal to the WiFi. Heard it works fine in the main stand and club deck thou

I set up a few games a ago and i just hit WiFi and it connects and Works perfect.. No idea why it works for me and others have issues... Other than the obvious :)

Back