Hagi linked to 20m euro move to Roma

I'd take £20 mill. Could re invest to freshen up across the team - that cash injection would guarantee us 56, and hopefully a return to the champions League

Really hope we don’t sell him inJanuary or anyone as we are guaranteed £30m for making the group stages then we can sell whoever wants to go in the summer plus his value is only going to go up again by the summer

A good opening bid, but not nearly enough. This time next year he will be worth double that.

Anyone know how long his contract is?
I rate the lad massively and good technically, and the heart of a lion who works hard for the team but this is madness.

He will be worth the kind of sum you talk about one day perhaps, but thats a good while away.

No idea where this story has came from, especially given the transfer window is shut.

Also doesn't seem like a Mourinho type of player.

FWIW that'd be great business for us if true, even though I think he's a key player for us.

If he can add a few more goals to his game and possibly a bit of pace then he'll go for a fortune on his next move after us. Ridiculously talented player, natural with both feet and great vision and awareness. On a different level to most others in Scotland

Hagi himself would probably want a move after the other night….. only on the park two minutes and he’s halved in two by the opposition and then on the receiving end of tackles like that for the rest of the game. People wonder why Scotland never produced good talent or why our product never attacks a decent media deal.

Agree, and the SFA are guilty as sin for it.

Their soft refereeing stance on thuggery & their willingness to put such as Scot Gemmill & Malky Mackay in senior development positions is just a disgrace.

Take the 20 mill and reinvest some of it in Veerman or someone of his ilk and maybe someone to replace Goldson should he not sign a new deal.

I like Hagi i want him to stay

But thats a really decent figure if theres truth in it

We can bank 10m and spend 7 on one quality player

Take the 20 mill and reinvest some of it in Veerman or someone of his ilk and maybe someone to replace Goldson should he not sign a new deal.
I was never 'all in' on the Veerman stuff in all honesty. Thought it might be a flash in the pan season for him last year as his stats were noticeably better than previous seasons. However, I see he's started well this season again. 6 games in the Eredivisie and 1 goal and 4 assists. And according to Transfermarkt he played CM for the first 3 games (2 assists) and DM for the last 3 (1 goal and 2 assists). That's good going.

I want him to stay and develop further with us,possibly make him our main midfielder and build the rest around.him.
He's got youth on his side and a great footballing brain...gotta keep him.

I love Hagi and it showed on Tuesday what a massive difference he makes to us especially up against teams that sit in. However I don’t think he’s a Mourinho type player so I doubt there’s anything in that report. £15-£20 million is decent business though and is in line with the kind of fee we should be asking for our top players.
I really hope we can hold on to him. 20 million is good money but I'd like us to keep a hold of our key players, especially when he's just starting to make an impact in games. We're just starting to get the best out of him, don't know what his contract situation is,but I'd extend it.

The idea that people wouldn’t accept £17m for a squad player doesn’t compute with me :D

Id be inclined to accept £12/13m for Hagi never mind £17m

Hmmmm. I think we can haggle the price down further. 6m and we pay Roma appearance fees or we’re walking.

Bite their hand off for it.
Hagi does have something different but his lack of pace,makes this a very decent offer

I was never 'all in' on the Veerman stuff in all honesty. Thought it might be a flash in the pan season for him last year as his stats were noticeably better than previous seasons. However, I see he's started well this season again. 6 games in the Eredivisie and 1 goal and 4 assists. And according to Transfermarkt he played CM for the first 3 games (2 assists) and DM for the last 3 (1 goal and 2 assists). That's good going
He does look good and wouldn't mind having a wee Dutch contingent at Ibrox again if we go for Doekhi in January. FWIW I don't know anything about Doekhi apart from he is a cb, tall and looks like VVD so I'm in.

I love the lad,and I still feel we haven’t seen anywhere near the best of him yet imho,but 17 million is a tremendous amount of money for us at this stage.
If true then he’s off sadly

Lets say we get 17 million, how much of that realistically would Gerrard get back to spend?
No idea in reality but I feel like half would be a fair number with the option of dipping into a mill or 2 extra.

So basically offer him 8.5m but if needs must go up to £10m. Rest goes in the bank.

If true then at that price he is gone, and would go with my best wishes

If this summer transfer window has shown us anything, it's that we aren't in a position to be turning down this kind of money.

We would be accepting that and rightly so.

To move up a level we've simply got to start making profits on our young stars.

Our finances left our summer activity extremely restricted.

I wonder if Ross WIlson just takes the average of all the random valuations on here and goes "f*k it, that'll do" B-D

If that’s the bid take it, invest in a decent right sided centerback next window gives him chance to settle and spent some money on an attacking midfielder.
It’s the model we need to follow and a great return if true.

€20M (£17M) would be a decent offer and I can see that being accepted. Why do you think we ‘acquired’ Juninho Bacuna? The Huddersfield chairman has said no up front fee was involved but an agreement that they would be dealt in well later. Is Bacuna Hagi’s replacement in advance?

Back