Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I found this on FB. Nothing to do with this campaign but it demonstrates the degree of pain felt by a mother. If anyone is really interested I can provide the link.

IF YOU STICK BY THE OTHER PARTY, AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED, YOUR A PEDOPHILE SYMPATHISER.
THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU RUN TO OTHERS.
I WILL RUIN YOU WHEN I FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE.
JUST LIKE SHE HAS RUINED MY KIDS

Reading through the thread and hearing about supporters of fhilth f.c. denying any accusations aimed at their club,Even to the extent that they are convinced that it is a great conspiracy against their club,Surely if that’s the case they will openly welcome an in depth investigation to prove their innocence,

Reading through the thread and hearing about supporters of fhilth f.c. denying any accusations aimed at their club,Even to the extent that they are convinced that it is a great conspiracy against their club,Surely if that’s the case they will openly welcome an in depth investigation to prove their innocence,
That’s the last thing that lot want and they know it. They will continue to deny and deflect until the end. They know their club are in deep. That’s why we’ll never hear the true result of their so called internal inquiry, which we believe never happened. In our opinion it was more attempts to cover the whole thing up.

I find this totally sinister that there is no enquiries or government reviews into this particular issue. Is this for fear of losing votes? Is this what it’s become?
The fear of losing votes is likely to be only a small part of this issue, I believe they are not only trying to protect Celtic fc but are also protecting some very high profile individuals.

It is sickening that an inquiry into this scandal has not taken place. How can journalists and politicians in this tinpot country sleep at night? A disgusting dereliction of duty, shame on each and every one of you.
IF an enquiry ever takes place it will cover the very few abuse incidents at other clubs including our own. It will then become the biggest false equivalence whitewash ever. Not unlike the previous SFA report. It will be presented as Scottish Footballs shame as opposed to Filth FCs shame.
As sure as night follows day.

IF an enquiry ever takes place it will cover the very few abuse incidents at other clubs including our own. It will then become the biggest false equivalence whitewash ever. Not unlike the previous SFA report. It will be presented as Scottish Footballs shame as opposed to Filth FCs shame.

You might be right mate, but that is a testament to the SMSM, SNP, SPFL & SFA.

They are here, and in their current mindset, because too many people have adopted a defeatist attitude for decades in this country.

Well, we’re different. We won’t give in, we are in it for the long run, and if it takes media & journalists outside this fucked up bigoted country such as Adrian Goldberg to Expose THEM ALL, then we will not stop until justice and closure is served.

Let them try. And as for the SFA review.. It wasn’t worth the paper it was written on. We knew they would miss a whole lot out.
The most angering thing is the SNP refused to comment on this whole issue until the SFA review was published. That was last year and we’re still waiting.
The SNP want nothing more than for this to go away. We won’t let it, and we would also like to see some within that rancid apologist party to answer questions under oath.

You might be right mate, but that is a testament to the SMSM, SNP, SPFL & SFA.

They are here, and in their current mindset, because too many people have adopted a defeatist attitude for decades in this country.

Well, we’re different. We won’t give in, we are in it for the long run, and if it takes media & journalists outside this fucked up bigoted country such as Adrian Goldberg to Expose THEM ALL, then we will not stop until justice and closure is served.
Well said, GY.

mountloyal, whose post do you think is the more constructive, yours or GY's?

A wee bit of track here and maybe already mentioned but I see Steve Coogan is playing Jimmy Saville in a BBC documentary about him and his sordid past.

A wee bit of track here and maybe already mentioned but I see Steve Coogan is playing Jimmy Saville in a BBC documentary about him and his sordid past.
I like coogan but why would anyone want to play that role in any shape or form is beyond me but if it gets things out there and more people see things that link everything together and more importantly helps victims them I’m good with it

I like coogan but why would anyone want to play that role in any shape or form is beyond me but if it gets things out there and more people see things that link everything together and more importantly helps victims them I’m good with

I like coogan but why would anyone want to play that role in any shape or form is beyond me but if it gets things out there and more people see things that link everything together and more importantly helps victims them I’m good with it
In fairness he did say he thought about it for a long time before agreeing to cover a horrific story but felt it had to be told.

I get the feeling things are ramping up BN?
Some arses in the east end “making buttons” as my wee mammy used to say (never got that expression).
I think it's just a more polite way of saying that old well known Glasgow expression ( He's up at court next week for breaking and entering , I bet he's knitting socks wi' his arse ) kind of thing :)) .

There are so many seperate issues amongst this whole situation and each one is as horrific and as vulgar as the next.

The Lawarence Haggart story is frightening in the amount of corruption and cover up involved and the case really needs to be reopened.

The Gordon Woods story is both heartbreaking and angering due to the length of time that the man has been ignored by his own MP'S and police force when there is obviously a serious case that needs to be dealt with.

The other victims in all of this have been let down badly by the system.

The fact that SNP had allowed a report to be carried out but omit churches and sporting clubs speaks volumes about the cover up by a certain area of Scottish society.

Now we have the continual delays in the court appearances in the obvious hope that the guilty parties will not live to see their day in court and so case closed.

If our Scottish judicial and parliamentary system are so corrupt in that they are covering all of this up , how or when can the U.K. government and judicial system step in if possible ???

Last edited:
There are so many seperate issues amongst this whole situation and each one is as horrific and as vugar as the next.

The Lawarence Haggart story is frightening in the amount of corruption and cover up involved and the case really needs to be reopened.

The Gordon Woods story is both heartbreaking and angering due to the length of time that the man has been ignored by his own MP'S and police force when there is obviuosly a serious case that needs to be dealt with.

The other victims in all of this have been let down badly by the system.

The fact that SNP had allowed a report to be carried out but omit churches and sporting clubs speaks volumes about the cover up by a certain area of Scottish society.

Now we have the continual delays in the court appearances in the obvious hope that the guilty parties will not live to see their day in court and so case closed.

If our Scottish judicial and parliamentary system are so corrupt in that they are covering all of this up , how or when can the U.K. government and judicial system step in if possible ???
We’ve been in contact with various MP’s in Westminster over the past few years.
I personally spoke to a cabinet minister on the subject and it was explained to me it was unfortunately a devolved issue.
At the time I didn’t accept that and then asked if he would assist me in getting a reply from the SNP, as at that time the SNP were refusing to engage with us.
Within 24 hours of this cabinet minister contacting them I got a reply.
Unfortunately it was a pathetic standard reply referring to the SFA review, and that they wouldn’t comment until this was complete. Well it’s been a while now since the review was printed and still nothing from that rancid apologist party.
So Spotlight set about proving that cross border abuse took place linked to that club and that’s when we uncovered Father Michael Spencer and his links to Celtic and the story was then broke by The Times.
I know you’ll appreciate that this all takes time, but we strongly believe that this would be a whole lot further forward if the SNP weren’t the party running Scotland.
Our ultimate aim is a full independent public inquiry, and for the person heading the inquiry to be appointed by Westminster.

Last edited:
I personally spoke to a cabinet minister on the subject and it was explained to me it was unfortunately a devolved issue.
At the time I didn’t accept that and then asked if he would assist me in getting a reply from the SNP, as at that time the SNP were refusing to engage with us.
Unfortunately it was a pathetic standard reply referring to the SFA review, and that they wouldn’t comment until this was complete. Well it’s been a while now since the review was printed and still nothing from that rancid apologist party.
So Spotlight set about proving that cross border abuse took place linked to that club and that’s when we uncovered Father Michael Spencer and his links to Celtic and the story was then broke by The Times.
I know you’ll appreciate that this all takes time, but we strongly believe that this would be a whole lot further forward if the SNP weren’t the party running Scotland.
Our ultimate aim is a full independent public inquiry, and for the person heading the inquiry to be appointed by Westminster.

Great work as always BN94 and keep up the good work as you and the rest of the good folk have always done , it is greatly appreciated by all of us.

There are too many people in high places connected to this that the SNP continue to and want to protect.

If it was a movie you wouldn’t believe it.

We have seen in recent times the outright corruption bordering on criminality of the Crown Office, in the pursuit of our Administrators. Particularly Frances Mulholland. The missing evidence in the hanging effigies cases of 7 warped individuals.

There is something quite sinister in the investigation and conviction in the Lawrence Haggert murder.

There is no way Police couldn’t identify the victims in the hundreds and hundreds of indecent photographs found within Parkhead, linked to the former Celtic photographer John Cullen.

The delays and continued delays in getting cases heard in court, in the hope they may die with the perpetrators.

It is extraordinary the lengths the people who are supposed to be in charge of running this country will go to, to deny victims justice and protect the guilty, personified by the attitude of the former Justice Secretary, Humza Yousaf.

Last edited:
It would be great if someone could find the quote by Billy McNeil saying it was an open secret
I remember reading it im sure in the daily record after torbett was convicted the first time.

I am 100% certain he said this and I am 99.9% he said this in the column he used to have in the 'Scottish sun' on Saturday mornings - I remember reading it. There is no chance this will be found online - it would need days combing though physical copies- I dont know if places like the mitchell library would even hold historical copies of that rag!
It would be great if someone could find the quote by Billy McNeil saying it was an open secret
I remember reading it im sure in the daily record after torbett was convicted the first time.

I am 100% certain he said this and I am 99.9% he said this in the column he used to have in the 'Scottish sun' on Saturday mornings - I remember reading it. There is no chance this will be found online - it would need days combing though physical copies- I dont know if places like the mitchell library would even hold historical copies of that rag!
He definitely said it. Always stuck in my mind that.

I could be wrong but I think I recall seeing a court transcript at p1 1st trial and that quote was included in it. I've tried to find it again but either it was never there and I imagined it or it's been removed.

There are too many people in high places connected to this that the SNP continue to and want to protect.

If it was a movie you wouldn’t believe it.

We have seen in recent times the outright corruption bordering on corruption of the Crown Office, in the pursuit of our Administrators. Particularly Frances Mulholland. The missing evidence in the hanging effigies cases of 7 warped individuals.

There is something quite sinister in the investigation and conviction in the Lawrence Haggert murder.

There is no way Police couldn’t identify the victims in the hundreds and hundreds of indecent photographs found within Parkhead, linked to the former Celtic photographer John Cullen.

The delays and continued delays in getting cases heard in court, in the hope they may die with the perpetrators.

It is extraordinary the lengths the people who are supposed to be in charge of running this country will go to, to deny victims justice and protect the guilty, personified by the attitude of the former Justice Secretary, Humza Yousaf.
Regarding those photographs i have always suspected some of those boys were very probably future Celtic players and their privicy is being possibly protected.

After all these years and the amount of boys involved youd think someone would have came forward?

Must take a hell of a lot of guts to do this though

Last edited:
The Mitchell Library should have copies of the newspapers from back when he was sentenced

Back