Saturday's Football

Games like these remind me why I’m getting rid of Sky and BT when my contract is up. Match of the Day gives you all the good bits and cuts out all the tedious pish of which there is plenty in this game.

When you see the two squads it's embarrassing that Chelsea are basically parking the bus. You'd expect that from a diddy team but not the reigning Champions League winners at their home ground.

Chelsea had about 5 players in the box and neither Azpilicueta or Kante wanted to cross it. Brutal.

Has Lukaku played well since dominating against Arsenal of all teams? Hardly got a touch at Anfield (before the red card too) and is struggling badly in this first half too.

He’ll probably score now I’ve said that!

City giving Chelsea the proverbial runaround but curiously haven't managed to carve out a decent goalscoring chance. Jesus has been totally ineffective on the right wing.

Mental to think of the cost of that Chelsea side and they’re set up to play the way the likes of Motherwell play against us.

Deserved from Man City to take the lead.

Surprised there were zero changes from Chelsea at half-time.

City deserve that and have to say I hope City win…. Chelsea tactics are an absolute disgrace for a top side at home challenging for the title

Wonder if Chelsea will change their 8-0-2 formation now? Might take a risk and go 7-1-2

Hoddle basically saying somebody is gonna get hurted if they don't change the offside rules.

He's got a point. The way they allow play to continue when it's blatantly offside will result in a defender putting in a last ditch tackle.

In saying that I do see the merit in not blowing the whistle when an offside call is tight...gives the attacker the advantage and VAR can always decide afterwards.

Back