Goldson - what’s going on with him?

His ranting when he’s complicit in the error is proper winding me up now tbh.

Needs to sort his head out. He’s nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

You’re the vice captain and champion ffs. Take some responsibility.
He's a major liability just now. Can none of the Management Team see that?

Does he want away? Is he just going through the motions until an offer comes from elsewhere? Does he already know an offer is coming? I suppose only he, his agent and the gaffer will know. But one things for sure, his form (or lack thereof) is a huge concern, particularly with Helander injured and Simpson looking like a Scottish Championship level defender.

If we’re being honest, most of our squad are well off last season’s standards, but the decline in Goldson’s performances had been colossal thus far. From being (imo) the standout player in the league, to looking like an absolute calamity with keystone cops stuff at the back. One thing that was particularly frustrating today was his insistence on trying to blame his team mates for his own shortcomings. Given the sharp decline in performance levels and the contract issue, this is surely more than a simple case of a player out of form?
Heads not there. Atrocious today. We do not need passengers in our team. Loses the and cracking up at other.. When Helander is back i would be binning him.

Do you ever stop talking shite?

Aye he's getting real backing at the moment-had a good game last week and punters were still sticking it to him.

You are the one talking shite if you don't think the contract situation isn't pissing the supporters off and making them more prone to be negative.

I really want him to sign a new contract. If he doesn't then he has to go.

Sounds harsh but that's the facts.

We cant allow his current contract to run out.

He’s already ran it down. He can sign a precontract in just over 3 months. If he does that we’ll get a couple hundred k tops for him in Jan.

Aye he's getting real backing at the moment-had a good game last week and punters were still sticking it to him.

You are the one talking shite if you don't think the contract situation isn't pissing the supporters off and making them more prone to be negative.
A simple “no” would have sufficed. You couldn’t even read my post properly before jumping in with your usual nonsense so sit down. There’s a reason I generally keep you on ignore, and back on you go.

We get done far too easily by a long ball over the top btw. Not just Goldson at fault for that either, it happened against St Johnstone (which they scored from) and against Motherwell the other night where Watt rounded the keeper.

A simple “no” would have sufficed. You couldn’t even read my post properly before jumping in with your usual nonsense so sit down. There’s a reason I generally keep you on ignore, and back on you go.

Put it back on because you aren't prepared to admit what you know is true. Laughable. Punters aren't happy with him because of the contract situation.

I'd bring Katic back in Jan into LCB, Balogun into RCB.

Helander can fit either of those postions when fit.

My thoughts are Goldson wants back down south in the EPL and his recent performances and lack of signing a new contract are doing nothing to allay that suspicion.

Think he's getting caught up with all the transfer talk and thinking he's a top premier league player. He needs to get back to basic defending and doing his job rather than try to do others jobs.

Hopefully just an off day for him, it happens. He's been outstanding since he signed for us. It's concerning that we have no quality cover in there to allow us to rest him though.

He has done this all through his time here though

Spells of sloppiness

He was brilliant against Livi only 3 days ago
Yeah I suppose it doesn't help when his captain and player to the right of him is having an absolute stinker too. Seems quite often that when of them is off their game, the other one is too.

Last season was 3 seasons worth for him and others, a lot more for us! I wonder if getting back to that drive is harder than it probably should be. He needs to take stock of where he is, he’s pretty much a captain every time he plays along side Tav, he needs to start thinking like the champion he is and that he’s not giving it up! So do others right enough!

He was arguably our best player last week and close to our worst today.
But you can see and hear the fans have it in for him.
Watch him celebrate with Helander after the OF goal and tell me he doesn't care.

Bottom line we can't handle a player who doesn't sign a contract....
Absolute nonsense.

Allowing him to run his contract down is on us.

Come January, we have to make him choose - sign or leave. If only to stop other players from getting the same idea. If Goldson is allowed to do it, what's to stop Alfie ? Or Kent ? Or Aribo ?

I'd bring Katic back in Jan into LCB, Balogun into RCB.

Helander can fit either of those postions when fit.

My thoughts are Goldson wants back down south in the EPL and his recent performances and lack of signing a new contract are doing nothing to allay that suspicion.
Do we know if Katic has even played any games yet in Croatia ?

I think the supporters being in is having far more of an impact than any notion of him running a deal down.

Seeing a lot of Hamilton at home prior to lockdown type performance, jittery moments where you can see he’s indecisive.

Him and Tav on that side are giving up so many chances to the opposition.

He hasn't been at the races at all. Whether it's down to his contract issue or something else he should be dropped at the moment. We just don't really have the cover for him at the moment since letting Katic go out on loan and injuries. He has been really poor which is not like him.

I said in the match thread that the impression I get from him is that he wants to do everything while looking as calm and comfortable as possible but often up here that simply isn't possible.

He needs to learn how to go and dominate a high ball and stop letting it bounce. There's no shame in thumping a header out for a thrown in. I might be wrong but I remember when Kenny Miller scored for Dundee against us it was almost a carbon copy of the penalty today. High ball that Goldson wont challenge for and suddenly he's chasing a striker who's through on goal.

Edit: Just re-watched that goal and it was Worral who got caught underneath but Goldson came across to clear and made an arse of that

The Worrel/Goldson mix-up that day was going through my mind as well. At least we won today. Last season we were well covered for central defenders and Goldson was on top form. This season we've left ourselves very short and it was unwise imo to allow Katic to go out on loan without getting someone in for cover in his absence, even on a pro tem basis. I can see the logic of why Katic was loaned out but we have left ourselves short as a result. An off form Goldson is not helping the situation.

Do folk genuinely think the guy is playing badly to try and work himself a move / run down his contract?

That is an incredibly stupid line of thinking.

He had a poor performance today. As did Tav. As did Roofe. As did Morelos. As did a few others. Nothing to do with his contract situation I'd suggest. In fact, last 2 or 3 games Goldson has looked much better than his early season form.

Contract should've been sorted, either way, before the season started.

Helanders injury could´nt have come at a worse time. Goldson would be dropped immediately if he was available. Loaning out Katic wasn´t to clever either.

Absolute nonsense.

So he didn't play well and wasn't coming forward and hitting important passes?

It's not nonsense -it's a fact punters are giving him stick at the games in a way they weren't before and it's not related to his overall performance. The first sign of a slip they are down his throat, it's as clear as a bell. Kent was getting it previous to his injury.

But aye I'm making it up-where do you sit at Ibrox?

Won high balls defensively that was it everything else was a complete shambles . Needs to take responsibility for errors too that’s a very unbecoming trait imo

Helanders injury could´nt have come at a worse time. Goldson would be dropped immediately if he was available. Loaning out Katic wasn´t to clever either.

The manager is not dropping Goldson because he's had a bad game ffs. He is his number 2 on the park.

Back