James Tavernier - 300

Must be a different Time then

Around 80 mins he never just stopped

Disgrace

He got skinned and the Dundee player got away from him, it happens sometimes.

Calling him a disgrace for one mistake is a disgrace in itself and shouldn’t be acceptable on here.

There is a sizeable section of our support who just don’t like Tav, I’d actually go as far to say they hate Tav, and I think you’re probably one of them.

He didn't even try to get back near him just stopped both times

Paterson should be banging hell out of the managers door now - not that it would do him any good

The best thing Patterson can do is play well when he gets the chance. In the two games he's had so far, he's failed to do so.

Tav's probably been our most consistent performer in the last three seasons...he gets skinned a couple of times and all of a sudden he's a total liability!
Congratulations on your 300 game milestone skipper!

He literally chased the Dundee player the whole way and blocked his cross out for a corner.
He was terrible today I know it chokes people to admit it but we need Patterson ability to take a man on in the team and his enthusiasm and honestly his better defending abilities, but I fear we will go on and on until Tav makes a brutal mistake in a big game, I think when he starts badly like today he finds it difficult to pick himself up, Rangers captains should be able to.

Tav's probably been our most consistent performer in the last three seasons...he gets skinned a couple of times and all of a sudden he's a total liability!
Congratulations on your 300 game milestone skipper!
Not a liability but has not being playing well for a while he will know this himself.

He was terrible today I know it chokes people to admit it but we need Patterson ability to take a man on in the team and his enthusiasm and honestly his better defending abilities, but I fear we will go on and on until Tav makes a brutal mistake in a big game, I think when he starts badly like today he finds it difficult to pick himself up, Rangers captains should be able to.
Your a 'Pro coach' how do we sort this lethargy out coach?

He was below par today but I don’t think he was terrible. There’s no doubt he’s not playing as well as we know he can but people are going way overboard with criticism.

Patterson has shown nowhere near enough for anyone to be so confident he’s a better defender than Tav. Patterson also had an opportunity against Livi midweek and played similar to how Tav has so far this season.

People like yourself will criticise Tav regardless of what he does so there’s no real point in arguing with you.

The match report will read that Tav plays his part in a match winning goal with a clean sheet to boot.

FF watches him get skinned twice, so he's back to being shite and should be dropped.

The guy will simply never win.

Did he pay to get back into the park twice after getting ripped apart twice?
Furfuxake Tav. :shh:

He was below par today but I don’t think he was terrible. There’s no doubt he’s not playing as well as we know he can but people are going way overboard with criticism.

Patterson has shown nowhere near enough for anyone to be so confident he’s a better defender than Tav. Patterson also had an opportunity against Livi midweek and played similar to how Tav has so far this season.

People like yourself will criticise Tav regardless of what he does so there’s no real point in arguing with you.
I go to Ibrox, every home game and when Tav is playing I support him fully as every player selected gets my support but I still reserve the right to an opinion on any of our players who I feel have been out of for form since the start of the season.

None of our team have so far this season but somehow Tav always gets criticised more than any others!
Tav has been a credit to our club as a player and captain since he came but a lot of people feel its time for him to move aside and try somebody knew for some games and to see how that works out, I don't think any body dislikes Tav.

Tav has been a credit to our club as a player and captain since he came but a lot of people feel its time for him to move aside and try somebody knew for some games and to see how that works out, I don't think any body dislikes Tav.
We've "tried" young Patterson and much against a lot of opinion on this thread, he's done incredibly well!
Tav quite rightly is our 1st choice RB and I'm more than happy to have Patterson getting the odd cameo knowing that he'd be the perfect replacement for Tav when he either moves on or retires.

Thought his body language today was as worrying as his performance. Wonder if he is still feeling the effects of covid.

He got done up like a kipper twice on the stand side touchline and failed to chase the defender, needs to improve if he wants to see 301.

People won’t realise just how good a player he really is until he’s gone. Phenomenal player and captain. Will do down as one of our greatest right backs when he does leave/retire.

Will never tire of watching him lift 55
This has been my phone lock screen since the day after trophy day and it'll stay there until 56 comes!
zxApTVO.jpg

An incredible signing for us. Some of the comments on this thread :oops: he’s not the greatest defender and he has his moments but when you have a guy who scores 1 in 4 FROM RIGHT BACK, has the highest assists in the team, led us to our first championship in 10 years, is rarely injured and scores some amount of game changing goals you give the guy respect.

Congratulations. The captain of some fucking important and special years of my life. What a player. Also however what a shit way to mark it outwith our 3 points. Does anyone ever just think he's tired maybe even mentally after the season and the emotion he's felt? A do honestly think he needs a rest

A thread celebrating Tav's 300th, infiltrated by absolute baw bags.

The fucking filth couldn't do a better hatchet chop.
Fucking shameful after what that man has done for Rangers.

There's a match thread to have a pop at him.
Show some respect.

Fucking eejits.

Back