Time to recall Defoe !

We don't play with two strikers and Defoe's not going to cut it out wide or replace Morelos so can't see it happening.
we actually do.

we’ve spent the majority of the season with Kent as a 10 behind 2 strikers

Separate thing but Defoe seemed to be in dugout in pre-season as part of the coaching team but not there now? Is there a limit on numbers in dugout or something changed there?

I assume when Defoe signed a playing contract we expected 5 subs to continue in the league this season and he would get 15 or 20 minutes here and there.

He won't even make the bench now never mind actually get on

I genuinely believe we miss Arfield badly.
I'd have him in that midfield 3 ahead of Aribo, and push Aribo into the front 3.
We play far better and are much more dangerous with Aribo in the front 3.
Don't know how Gerrard canny see it.
Outwith his goal Aribo was poor again today. He should play in the front 3 and i would try Hagi in the middle of the park especially against teams like Dundee.

I genuinely believe we miss Arfield badly.
I'd have him in that midfield 3 ahead of Aribo, and push Aribo into the front 3.
We play far better and are much more dangerous with Aribo in the front 3.
Don't know how Gerrard canny see it.
Aribo is best up front. He's average in midfield.

Defoe should always be on the bench but it looks like his career is over if he can't even get on the bench in the league cup.

So you're saying Jermain Defoe who absolutely schooled Celtic less than six months ago is in the same bracket as 54 years old Peter Huistra ?
No wonder I stear away from FF these days.
I love Defoe, but coming on in the 86th minute and skinning a knackered Celtic defender in the final stages of an Old Firm when it’s 3-1 isn’t schooling anyone.

The problem isn’t up front it’s the midfield, Aribo isn’t a midfielder it’s as simple as that and we don’t create enough from midfield or have a goal scoring midfielder with legs that can keep possession and win the ball back while getting beyond the strikers …..one that can drag the opposition players away creating space for our forwards. Oh to have a Barry Ferguson in his prime again!!

Outwith his goal Aribo was poor again today. He should play in the front 3 and i would try Hagi in the middle of the park especially against teams like Dundee.
I reckon his pass completion to opposition players maybe as high as that to a Rangers jersey. Incredible the amount of times he loses possession, he’s been very very poor all season imho.

what 2 strikers? we've played 2 up front about 3 times this season. you talk some nonsense mate
today was our 7th league game
you’ve just said about 3 times we’ve played 2 up top.

Celtic, Motherwell, St Johnstone & Dundee

4 games out of 7, that is a majority

you talk some nonsense mate.

Don’t think changing 1 or 2 players makes much difference. We need 10-20% more from all our players currently

today was our 7th league game
you’ve just said about 3 times we’ve played 2 up top.

Celtic, Motherwell, St Johnstone & Dundee

4 games out of 7, that is a majority

you talk some nonsense mate.
ok 4 then. You said we'd been doing it all season

today was our 14th competitive match - not our 7th

so 4 out of 14 mate

you're really talking nonsense now :eek:

The best all round finisher at the club.
The tippy tappy football and attempting to walk the ball into the goal more often than not needs addressed.
Wouldn’t mind Defoe getting more time but if we are going to continue the tippy tappy stuff and poor delivery then I’m not so sure how much difference it will make

The problem isn’t up front it’s the midfield, Aribo isn’t a midfielder it’s as simple as that and we don’t create enough from midfield or have a goal scoring midfielder with legs that can keep possession and win the ball back while getting beyond the strikers …..one that can drag the opposition players away creating space for our forwards. Oh to have a Barry Ferguson in his prime again!!
A midfielder scored the winner today.

Back