3 points away from home is a massive result

RFC1976

I know it’s not been pretty at all this season but the first couple of years after Gerrard took over our biggest problem was dropping points away from home but now we are somehow grinding out results which is the difference between wining titles and coming second and this is what Fat Ange is about to find out is the hardest thing in Scottish football

Yes today and the same as every other away day so far we should of buried the game and locked up the points earlier but in the SPHell we are up against teams that absolutely hate us and will fight to the end of the game and will hate to give us 3 points easily we have grind these games out it might not be pretty it might not be what we all want to see but we now have a team of champions who know how to see out a game and get the 3 points and that’s why we’re champions

I know it’s not been pretty at all this season but the first couple of years after Gerrard took over our biggest problem was dropping points away from home but now we are somehow grinding out results which is the difference between wining titles and coming second and this is what Fat Ange is about to find out is the hardest thing in Scottish football

Yes today and the same as every other away day so far we should of buried the game and locked up the points earlier but in the SPHell we are up against teams that absolutely hate us and will fight to the end of the game and will hate to give us 3 points easily we have grind these games out it might not be pretty it might not be what we all want to see but we now have a team of champions who know how to see out a game and get the 3 points and that’s why we’re champions
Could smell the hatred coming through the tv. Right from kick off they were determined. If they played like that every week they wouldn't be bottom.

Playing entertaining football and finishing 2nd would suit a lot on here!

It's not a "massive result" - maybe if we were running on empty in January with loss of form, fatigue, injuries and suspension but we're still in September and we've not got going yet.

I agree it's 3-points and that's all that matters - but there's caveats you need to place next to it.

Just making threads like this, like it's all sound, isn't the way to go - neither is Gerrard's comments about all the positives etc.

I get the front but that's all it is is a front. Let's stop deluding ourselves because we will come a major cropper soon unless we wise up
But posting numerous threads claiming player A,B,C or D aren’t good enough is when they have prove they are is?

Could smell the hatred coming through the tv. Right from kick off they were determined. If they played like that every week they wouldn't be bottom.

Sounds like a cliche but I thought that during the game.

Some of their attacking play (excluding Thumbs poor shots) was decent and troubling and easily could lead to goals against lesser teams.

I don't agree with that (saying players aren't good enough).

The players have plenty credit in the bank from last season.

However, there's a middle ground to be had and that's not writing off the players but also starting to be honest about performances and standards.
We have won one top league title in ten years. We are on course to make it two. I disagree that it should be open season on the squad and the manager when we are minimum 4pts clear after the weekend ends.

Course it’s a good away win

there’s times when you play shite get the 3 points and that’s a great win.

but we are turning in these performances with alarming regularity and not having it being ‘an off day’

And the time will come when it catches up with us.

You're all over the place - I never said it should be open season on the squad and manager. I literally said they've plenty credit in the bank.
Never said you personally but we have had numerous threads since the season began stating numerous players should be dropped?

Tonight it appears to be Goldsons turn.

Just read some comments on some arsehole fb Rangers page there. I’ve always known we’ve got some spoiled moaning faced twats among our support and I’m also aware that there are many brain dead numptys that post crap and couldn’t point to Ibrox on a map but %^*& me? Today was not pretty by any means but it was a game we would have lost many times over many seasons previously. Our team have still to find the perfect performance but it will come. Win ugly, pretty, cheat, I don’t fucking care. We’re top and 56 is ours to loose.

a welcome 3 points today against a struggling team at the foot of the table
however , another poor performance where we could have easily dropped points at said struggling team, our Rangers are really lacking this season and need to get this sorted and start leathering teams instead of hoping to see out a 1 goal win

Could easily have been one. We are not a shadow of the team from last season.

It's not a "massive result" - maybe if we were running on empty in January with loss of form, fatigue, injuries and suspension but we're still in September and we've not got going yet.

I agree it's 3-points and that's all that matters - but there's caveats you need to place next to it.

Just making threads like this, like it's all sound, isn't the way to go - neither is Gerrard's comments about all the positives etc.

I get the front but that's all it is is a front. Let's stop deluding ourselves because we will come a major cropper soon unless we wise up

So what does making a negative thread on the internet do that a positive one doesn’t?

In an interview in the TV what does Gerrard bring negative about his team do?

We aren’t playing well home or away. Today could’ve easily been another couple of needless spilled points, thankfully avoided. We can’t keep on excusing it as a hangover from last season, we are fifteen games in now, time for excuses is over. The positive is we can only get better , and we are sitting in a decent position despite playing at less than 50%

We all seen Ranger's playing great in cup final, we played the scum off the park,got cheated and lost the cup. I will take todays win all day long 3 point's. We will get better

Course it’s a good away win

there’s times when you play shite get the 3 points and that’s a great win.

but we are turning in these performances with alarming regularity and not having it being ‘an off day’

And the time will come when it catches up with us.
Accurate summary of events. Hope we shake ourselves out of this lethargy soon.

Massive result? Against dundee? Who have a nonse on their books? Oh How are standards are slipping

Sounds like a cliche but I thought that during the game.

Some of their attacking play (excluding Thumbs poor shots) was decent and troubling and easily could lead to goals against lesser teams.
They have been playing like that for most of the season so far, and just lacking goals , and with Griffiths and Cummings they will continue to struggle.

We hardly got outplayed.

We should have win easier than we did, out attacking play needs to be better and I think we need to match our opponents desire a bit better.

Dundee had 4 really chances today IMO and they came from

1 corner
1 big hoof into the box from their centre half who had taken a long throw
1 deep free kick
1 long punt up the park

We didn't give up chances from good play, we gave up chances from hoof ball football.

We controlled the majority of the game, albeit at a fairly slow tempo.

I will concur.
3 points massive loyal.
No one will ever remember how we played. It's the name on the trophy that counts at the end of season.
And don't forget the millions that come with that.
3 massive points for this happy Bear

I was surprised to hear on Sportscene that today was our first win at Dens Park in four visits. From that particular viewpoint the three points was indeed massive regardless of the overall performance. We did however run our luck today and we'll need to improve.

I tend to agree O.P.
Its pretty obvious that we peaked last year and we have gone backwards slightly.
Every away game is hard and we just shaded it today.
If we are to be the best of a bad bunch this season then it is still another title on our roll of honour.
I do hope though that once we get the new players bedded in and the casualties fit we will start to improve.
We badly miss Ryan Jack, he is our only truly proven defensive midfielder, hopefully back soon.

Yes it was a important win. Our next two games are at Ibrox. Their away to Aberdeen and motherwell. Let's see where we are after that

I thought today was a hard watch. Would make your eyes bleed.
Plus point is the goal is even better than when i saw it, amazing flick on from Alfie and well executed from Aribo.
Yes we got the 3 points and top of the league however too many players seriously underperforming.
As a poster said earlier we will only get away with this for so long, i agree and this concerns me.
Keep hearing the line of one good performance and this will set the season alight. Been hearing this shite for 8 weeks now.
Too many prima donna donna's in the team at present.
May be a bit harsh but I've seen every game since the first pre season against plastic whistle and not not impressed or happy.

Sorry mate. It would be a massive result in the closing weeks. The performance was utter pysh.

Sorry mate. It would be a massive result in the closing weeks. The performance was utter pysh.
3 points at the start of the season are just as important as the end of the season this is where they will fall away as they’re not capable of picking up 3 points away from home , we are now a team/ squad capable of doing this which will lead us to 56

Turd polishing.

I don't think I've ever seen us play well at Dens Park but that was up there with our worst performances there. Walked away with 3 points, so it's hard to be too angry about it all.

We used to see countless posts on here in the last 5 seasons or so, bemoaning how pish they were and how they rode their luck a lot. Now we seem to be doing the same. Form will come in time, it doesn't just magically happen overnight. A lot of moving parts contributing to our 'poor' start and hopefully it turns a corner in the near future.

Kent injured, Hagi coming back from Covid Isolation, Borna still not fully fit, Tav going through his erratic spell that he has during any given season and our strikers being hit and miss for the most part. It's pretty obvious to see why we've struggled so much. All of the above were near pitch perfect during the early part of last season. A lot of goals and assists just not at the races at all. Aribo has been our most consistent attacking threat and he's played mostly in midfield this season. That says it all.

For me that just compounds the issues with our error strewn defence at the moment. Every game feels like it's on a knife edge because we aren't hurting teams in an attacking sense. Just piles the pressure back on to our defence, who aren't coping well with it at all.

It's simple, start scoring and creating more chances then we'll start winning games comfortably. The pressure will ease on everyone.

I get that sentiment but %^*& me we have some major issues. We are getting done very easy with the ball over the top. We are not creating. Morelos and Roofe are having to drop into midfield to get the ball and create space. They are getting no service whatsoever

It's only a massive result if the other lot lose tomorrow.

Or if they've won and we win the next day or later kick off to keep our lead.

Or if we were missing 9 or 10 first picks.

Otherwise, beating Dundee should never be described as a massive result.

The hatred is one thing with the players they have and also the manager in his interview is obvious a good few of them hate us.

The second part is we are champions everyone wants to beat us this is a different pressure to before

To be honest we haven't played decent football since Christmas last year.
Gerrard doesn't seem to be able to fix the problem.
Thank you Cumdog for missing the pen, true blue JC

I'll take a 1-0 over a 4-4 everyday of the week. 3 points are 3 points.

I understand people love the big scores but I'm happy with grinding out wins if it takes us to #56

Back