Lundstrum is a player

Played well today, well worth the £80k a week we’re paying him…Top player!
Only issue is we've made up the 80k from the original 60k we agreed by taking the extra 20k from Goldson who has now apparently downed tools

Swings and roundabouts I suppose

Lundstram start to his Rangers career was no worse than some of performances from players that have been here for years. Malmö didn’t help, neither did Dundee United away but he wasn’t the only one who was miles off it. He was maybe flung in a bit earlier than what Gerrard wanted given Jack was injured and Kamara suspended. Pre-season schedule didn’t help either.

I’m not one for making excuses and I would imagine Lundstram wasn’t happy with his early performance but he’s settling in now.

90th minute on Wednesday and he’s was still snapping into tackles. 92nd minute today and he’s beating two men deep down their right hand side and creating an opportunity. He rarely wastes a pass, he can mix it up, he can break up play, dictate, roam down the right hand side, play key passes, gets shots at goal, deliver balls into the box.

86% pass completion today
66 accurate passes
1 shot at goal
2 chances created
3 crosses into the box
9 recoveries
2/2 aerial duals won
2/2 50/50’s won
3/4 dribbles succeeded
5/7 duals won

His numbers are getting better and once again he outshone his midfield partners.

Starts again in Prague for me.

Played well, but is it a meme or something now? No one can spell the boys name!

Lundstram

I've seen Lundstrum, Lundstrom, Lundstrom but with the funny symbol above the o, Lundstrum but with a funny symbol above the u.

It's Morelos Morales aw er again.

The start of his Rangers career was consistently dreadful. It wasn’t a one off bad game. That’s not a subjective matter.

There’s no prizes for re-writing history here. If he turns it around, fantastic, we all benefit, but the revisionism from some on here after a couple of decent games is quite the thing.
You're missing the point

People weren't just saying he had a bad game, or 2 bad games or 3 bad games. They were saying he was a crap footballer, useless, a terrible signing.

If people are going to put over the top, absolute opinions on a player or signing out there, be man enough, be big enough to have the piss taken out of your OTT outburst.

Saying someone had a bad game(s) is not the same as saying they are a crap footballer or crap signing. Which many did. And worse.

Last edited:
He had a few shite games. He's now had a few good ones.

Let's just let him Continue that then we can have a proper opinion on him.

He was excellent the day though

Lundstram start to his Rangers career was no worse than some of performances from players that have been here for years. Malmö didn’t help, neither did Dundee United away but he wasn’t the only one who was miles off it. He was maybe flung in a bit earlier than what Gerrard wanted given Jack was injured and Kamara suspended. Pre-season schedule didn’t help either.

I’m not one for making excuses and I would imagine Lundstram wasn’t happy with his early performance but he’s settling in now.

90th minute on Wednesday and he’s was still snapping into tackles. 92nd minute today and he’s beating two men deep down their right hand side and creating an opportunity. He rarely wastes a pass, he can mix it up, he can break up play, dictate, roam down the right hand side, play key passes, gets shots at goal, deliver balls into the box.

66 accurate passes
1 shot at goal
2 chances created
3 crosses into the box
9 recoveries
2/2 aerial duals won
2/2 50/50’s won
3/4 dribbles succeeded
5/7 duals won

His numbers are getting better and once again he outshone his midfield partners.

Thanks for sharing those stats.
He was written off way too early but it looks as if he is starting to come good now. The exciting thing is that with the right coaching from Stevie G and Gary Mac he could become a lot better.
Early early days still but maybe we have found the long term replacement to Mr Davis.

I’ll hold my hands up, judged him way too harshly, too quickly.

Big man our best player today by a mile. Keep it up.

What a player.

Great distribution, great tacking and great pace when needed.

A proper midfielder.

Now tell us how you really feel? B-D
I could, but it would put you, me, and everyone else to sleep.
Seriously I am concerned.
I think us retaining the title or not... will decide our future with Stevie G going forward.
Also 30 million reasons why we need to not let anything, and I mean anything.... get in the way of us getting 2IAR.

The start of his Rangers career was consistently dreadful. It wasn’t a one off bad game. That’s not a subjective matter.

There’s no prizes for re-writing history here. If he turns it around, fantastic, we all benefit, but the revisionism from some on here after a couple of decent games is quite the thing.
Lundstrum doesn't have a history to re-write. He's hardly in the door. Is revising your opinion based on further evidence not the rational thing to do? Maybe we should hold off for a bit on the "consistently dreadful" verdict.

Our best player by some distance today.

I get really frustrated when people write off players after 1 or 2 bad games or even mediocre games. Lundstrum was always going to need game time to bed in properly. Itten was one that i felt got pelters for no reason the guy never got the game time to show what he can do properly.
don't worry about it, you ignore it after 40-odd years

I think the sending off against Alashkert made fans wary. He’s building that trust back, long may it continue.

66 accurate passes
1 shot at goal
2 chances created
3 crosses into the box
9 recoveries
2/2 aerial duals won
2/2 50/50’s won
3/4 dribbles succeeded
5/7 duals won

I expect

Kamara - Davis - Lundstram

Roofe - Morelos - Aribo

On thursday

Lundstrum doesn't have a history to re-write. He's hardly in the door. Is revising your opinion based on further evidence not the rational thing to do? Maybe we should hold off for a bit on the "consistently dreadful" verdict.

Our best player by some distance today.

I’m happy to revise my opinion. I’ll be delighted if he turns out to be our best player. What I won’t accept is people trying to suggest that a) 2 games disproves the previous 10 and b) the opinions after those 10 were baseless. Lundstrum had one of the worst starts to a Rangers career that I can remember in recent times.

Take Goldson for example. He’s been miles off the standards he’d set last season. That may change in 3 months time, but that doesn’t render what’s being said now as incorrect.

Someone saying Lundstrum was excellent today, and utterly abysmal 4/5 weeks ago, can both be true statements.

Last edited:
I said on FF a number of weeks ago that Davis & Lundstram play in the same area of the pitch and when they play together it’s counter productive. On a head-to-head, one-to-one basis Davis wins hands down. But equally delighted for the two of them.It means that we can give Davis longer recuperation periods….

I thought he has improved each time he gets an outing which is a real positive for any player.
He is good at doing the simple things and at the moment that is what his game is limited to.
That isn't actually a bad thing, as it may mean he is feeling his way into the team and sensibly playing the percentages.

One criticism today was that he ducked out of a shot in the first half, I think from Griffiths that needed an astute save from the excellent John McLaughlan.
Really Lundstram should have thrown himself in front of the ball, the Dundee players showed no hesitation is doing just that up the other end, ... for a lot less money into the bargain.
Following on from Malmo, I found this a tad disappointing.

That said, I was impressed by his contribution today.
He was tidy and I felt that he was the better of the midfield three.
However, in my opinion, our real problems front and back are caused by a malfunctioning midfield.

Two players in every position. He’s Jacks replacement. If Jack doesn’t get fit soon then we need a back up for Lundstrum

I’m happy to revise my opinion. I’ll be delighted if he turns out to be our best player. What I won’t accept is people trying to suggest that a) 2 games disproves the previous 10 and b) the opinions after those 10 were baseless. Lundstrum had one of the worst starts to a Rangers career that I can remember in recent times.

Take Goldson for example. He’s been miles off the standards he’d set last season. That may change in 3 months time, but that doesn’t render what’s being said now as incorrect.

Someone saying Lundstrum was excellent today, and utterly abysmal 4/5 weeks ago, can both be true statements.

He has played a total of 690 minutes for us

He hasn't even had 10 games worth of football to judge him on yet

5 full games and a few sub appearances
Circumstances led to him being forced to play before he was ready rather than being eased in.

When he arrived i was sceptical he was worth his 50k per week given he came from a team that was relegated. His first couple of appearances had many questioning his 65k per week an when he fecked up against Malmo his 80k per week looked like money poorly spent.
Gerrard obv reminded him after that regards his 90k per week and the demands of playing for Rangers meant every game he had to justify his 110k wages.
Since then he has imo knuckled down and his 125k wages may look like a 150k per week wages. well spent.

Time w

Rumor has it that Lundstrum was paid such a big signing on fee that he is now richer than Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk combined.

It’s a bit in hindsight now as we kept hoping, game after game, the team would snap out of it’s poor performances and get back to entertaining football. They haven’t. Given that and if I didn’t know who was a new player to the team and who were the established stars, I would say he was poor, along with Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Goldson, Tavernier, Barisic, and to a somewhat lesser extent, my favorite player, Davis.

He’s new and hasn’t been impressive that’s for sure but I’ve been one to say he should be given more time, everyone should be afforded that. Maybe if the team had been playing as we expected, his transition into it would have been easier. Who knows.

But he’s definitely looked better his last couple of games. We will see over the course of time. I’m pretty sure he’s been brought in to replace Steven Davis and use the season to work that in.

Last edited:
The way folk say his name nevermind spell it is doing my nut in.

Lund-stram
or
Loond-stram

Don’t know which is correct. %^*& knows. Great the day.

I’ll hold my hands up, I really couldn’t see what he offered us but the last games have proved me wrong. Excellent today. I think he benefited from Davis getting a rest today, I’m not sure we can play both every week and get the best out them.

When he stands out at Pittodrie , Tynecastle Easter Road and Piggery and finally Europe then I will start to be convinced. Still to slow on the ball for me however willing to give him more time. He has been one of our better players recently

I’ll hold my hands up, judged him way too harshly, too quickly.

Big man our best player today by a mile. Keep it up.
He should have been given time to get up to speed at the start of the season. Throwing him straight into the team was disruptive and he was obviously not sure of his role. Glad to hear he's turned it around, long may it continue.

Two players in every position. He’s Jacks replacement. If Jack doesn’t get fit soon then we need a back up for Lundstrum

He’s definitely not. We’ve tried to play him in that position and it’s been less than successful.

He’s definitely best in the Davis role, we shouldn’t consider playing him anywhere else IMO.

Been our best midfielder/player the last 3 or 4 games to be honest, suits the 6 role far better than to the right.
He might well do:rolleyes:
I like him in a role between and in front of the centre backs.
Should cut off the ground pass to a forward.
Going back, Nigel Spackman was excellent in the role I describe but he wore number five for the best part so I guess that isn’t the six role.

Far too many posters have made their mind up on him unfortunately.

He’s been our best midfielder 3 games in a row easily.

Some on here seem to have a real grudge against him and I don't understand why.

Glad he is proving people wrong, keep it up.
Maybe because his name is Lundstram and not Lundsrtum and speaks with a scouse accent and not Scanadanavian.

I was one to doubt him early on, but as has been said, he has been very good in the last few games and only going to get better.

The duality of Follow Follow. One week he’s shite, next he’s amazing.

It's not duality, it's idiocy.

We suffer from a small number of over-emotional children in our support who never tire of being wrong. Unfortunately, they are very loud.

Every player deserves the time to settle. If circumstances or management decisions don't allow for that, we need to recognise it as a support and make allowances. If a player is consistently pants for a sustained period, fair enough, but after five or six games? it's pish and wind.

I'm still not convinced.
A good performance yesterday made to look better by those around him.
I'm not in the camp that he's useless but so far to me he's a squad player that can do a job, brought on to help see out a match in the last 20 minutes or so.

Unfortunately he's not the quality first team player we were told we would be signing this summer and far from the long term Davis replacement that we need to find.

You're missing the point

People weren't just saying he had a bad game, or 2 bad games or 3 bad games. They were saying he was a crap footballer, useless, a terrible signing.

If people are going to put over the top, absolute opinions on a player or signing out there, be man enough, be big enough to have the piss taken out of your OTT outburst.

Saying someone had a bad game(s) is not the same as saying they are a crap footballer or crap signing. Which many did. And worse.

There was even a few on here genuinely wondering if we could sell him before the transfer window closes as he was that bad.

You'd think after all these years of writing players off so early and be proven wrong they would learn to be even slightly patient.

The salary jokes are as ridiculous as some of the comments about the boy in his first few games of the season.

We can add him to the long list of players where follow follow posters decide before giving them a chance

From what I’ve seen so far he is player with an equivalent skill set to Kamara Davis and Jack. We don’t need all 4 at the club and definitely no more than one on the park in a 3 man midfield against teams like Dundee Livi etc.

As said before, he suits the 6 role. That's a fee good performances strung together now and long may it continue

Back